[Nov 4,2014][KK4.4.4][ SlimKAT mac89][Unofficial] Kernel 3.0.101 [ION]

Search This thread

macs18max

Apr 3, 2010
attachment.php

Bringing to you SlimKat 4.4.4. This is an unofficial ROM which is built from source by merging Evervolvs Legacy code and HD2 related files.
with kernel 3.0.101

Credits:
SLIM TEAM for the amazing features and allowing me to build the rom.
EVERVOLV TEAM for the legacy codes.
marc1706, Tytung, Sportsstar89, Securecrt, Xylograph, ph03n!x, datagr, Rick_1995, Daekin, BSDgeek_Jake
texasice, KonstaT, Gangster41, spezi, marco.palumbi, Robbie-P, PixelFreak, chautruongthinh for all HD2 kernels, libs, mods, corrections
And all those individual/teams who I might have missed.

My Special thanks to marc1706, Nikez, Securecrt, chautruongthinh, gilbert32, Robbie P, HypoTurtle , Daekin, walter79, for their recent support on kernel 3.0.xx and ROM

ROM uses new kernel 3.0.101 with ION.
Kernel features:
• Updated to 3.0.101
• ION
• CPU Governors: Smartassv2, Ondemand, Performance, Interactive
• IO Schedulers: Noop, Deadline, Row, cfq, bfq (default), sio
• Bcmdhd wifi drivers
• pmem camera (works with newer aosp camera)

Whats working:
• Phone
• Audio
• SMS
• Data: 3G/HSDPA
• USB Mass Storage
• Notification lights
• Wi-Fi
• Camera (New 4.4.4)
• Camcorder
• Panorama
• 720p Video Playback
• GPS/AGPS
• Wifi tethering (should work havent tested)

Not Working/Bugs:
• Booting from wince/haret
• rmnet on magldr (Using PPP for data in magldr)
• Native USB Tethering or using 3rd party app
• BT tethering (should work havent tested)
• battery indicator (may be still havent tested) Nobody complained so assuming it is fixed
• adb on windows PC's
• art
• turning off gps when wifi is on causes reboot fixed

Porting
• Kindly do not port any system files in your ROM, you can use the kernel and its module though.

Support
• If you have a problem and want to post it please give us mininmum details such as Tmous1024 or EU448, MAGLDR or CLK, Nand, Data2Ext, NativeSD, System partition.
• Also giving us logcats would be helpful
• This is an unofficial ROM so do not post any queries or question about this rom in slim's thread/site.
• Please dont post regarding any fucntion that is not working which has already been mention on the main thread

DOWNLOAD SlimKAT_mac89 Updated Nov 04 2014 > Read logs

TRDS Google Apps: I have not provided Google apps with the ROM that can be dowloaded from playstore at users wish.
However if you like TRDS google apps (gapps that invert UI colors when we switch real dark slim) you can download and manually install each apk (not by flashing in recovery) from slims official website
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads

Installation Tips
• System partition size 380B
• Boot partition size 13MB for MAGLDR bootloader and 5MB for CLK bootloader (Credits Robbie)
• First boot may take around 10-15 min
• Once you see language screen let it settle for 3mins, do not touch the screen.
• Enable developers setting by tapping repeatedly 10 times on Setting > About Phone > Build Number
• You can adjust animation as you like in developers setting but Just make sure you have Animation Duration Scale set to 0.5 Anything below 0.5 may cause display glitches
• Enable Settings > Developers Option > Force Gpu rendering
• you may need to Get rooted by Setting > Developers Option > Root accesss > select "apps" or "apps and adb"

Please volunteer as this is a newer kernel so I need to know which installation method boots and which doesnt boot, so that I can try to fix it for
also kindly give the following details below,

• HD2 type: EU (448MB) or Tmous(1024MB)
• Type of installation: NativeSD, Nand, Data2ext
• Bootloader: cLK or Magldr
• Recovery type and version
• Radio
• Partition size : boot, system, data, cache, sd-ext, sdcard
• Type of sdcard
• Type of battery: Original hd2 or extended battery
• kernel logs (kmsg) and logcat if possible ( if kernel wont boot, you wont be able to get logcat but if you have a working NativeSD ROM you can get the kernel logs (kmsg)
How? If kernel hangs during boot, open the battery cover, use a pen or something and hit the red reset button (do not remove battery as if battery is removed you will loose the kernel logs) now when the device reboots boot into the working nativesd rom and then open any root explorer and copy last_kmsg in proc folder. (/proc/last_kmsg) then past it to the sdcard and upload to website. alteratively you can do "adb shell cat proc/last_kmsg" from you computer with the usb cable connected and upload the contents

Note: This Kernel and ROM are ION based unlike other ROM/kernel so now that has been published are PMEM based
So this kernel is not compatible with any other ROM's (except for CM11_ION), so do not waste your time trying
Also this ROM is not compatible with any other kernels, so again do not waste your time trying
I have many user doing this an saying it is not working so I have to mention this over here before any else tries

IF YOU LIKED THE ROM PLEASE HIT THANK BUTTON BELOW

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
It boots magldr nativeSD,
adb is working for me on windows. I realised I had not updated my sdk platform tools (thought it auto-updated on startup, but had to do it manually), so adb was probably working all along. Sorry.
Small bug, settings FCs when opening SlimCenter
More later
Good job:good:

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
I have test and make recovery new with non sboot and tboot and the same... I have 15mb Boot thats okay or?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: arvter

macs18max

Apr 3, 2010
I have test and make recovery new with non sboot and tboot and the same... I have 15mb Boot thats okay or?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Pixelfreak could you do this test for me please. Hopefully you are using extended TWRP recovery.

create new folder under "sdcard/NativeSD/slim44"
extract the zImage and initrd.gz (nand, data2ext or nativesd initrd.gz) in this folder.

In recovery go to advance > NativeSD > Kernel Update> Choose slim44 and choose boot partition. swipe to update.

If the kernel boot successfull it is installer issue, if it doesnt boot, then it is kernel/ramdisk issue. We have to find out.

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

Pixelfreak could you do this test for me please. Hopefully you are using extended TWRP recovery.

create new folder under "sdcard/NativeSD/slim44"
extract the zImage and initrd.gz (nand, data2ext or nativesd initrd.gz) in this folder.

In recovery go to advance > NativeSD > Kernel Update> Choose slim44 and choose boot partition. swipe to update.

If the kernel boot successfull it is installer issue, if it doesnt boot, then it is kernel/ramdisk issue. We have to find out.

yes i work with TWRP and will test this later ;)

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
my test

all clean -> make folder on SD Card -> NativeSD/slim44 -> copy initrd.gz (clk/nand) and zImage in slim44 -> install rom CLK Nand -> recovery -> advanced -> NativeSD Manager -> Kernel Update -> slim44 -> swipe -> (Building img-file and flashing img-file -> back -> back -> reboot -> power off -> HD2 on -> i can see animation and the rom start...

damn why you have no FC and browser works good ????

rom works good... my tests
- you can fix torch with commits from my torch
- make video and swipe from right side -> start video -> FC / video preview only over Gallery
- better you go with animations from 0.75 to 0.25 is better for the HD2
- if i open calendar i can not go back
- enable gfx in Frameworks and build.prop for statusbar

Last edited:

macs18max

Apr 3, 2010
all clean -> make folder on SD Card -> NativeSD/slim44 -> copy initrd.gz (clk/nand) and zImage in slim44 -> install rom CLK Nand -> recovery -> advanced -> NativeSD Manager -> Kernel Update -> slim44 -> swipe -> (Building img-file and flashing img-file -> back -> back -> reboot -> power off -> HD2 on -> i can see animation and the rom start...

damn why you have no FC and browser works good ????

rom works good... my tests
- you can fix torch with commits from my torch
- make video and swipe from right side -> start video -> FC / video preview only over Gallery
- better you go with animations from 0.75 to 0.25 is better for the HD2
- if i open calendar i can not go back
- enable gfx in Frameworks and build.prop for statusbar

I'm trying to upload my commits into new organisation but dont have permission.
Force close may be because of frameworks/native. not right.
My boardconfig.mk is very close to spezi's build , also the frameworks/native https://github.com/spezi77

If I am not able to upload my sources tonight, you can try spezi's for force close fix,

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
My boardconfig.mk is very close to spezi's build , also the frameworks/native https://github.com/spezi77

If I am not able to upload my sources tonight, you can try spezi's for force close fix,

walter have change the permission... you must say yes in your email.. ;)
can not see a fix for FC ...

pixel

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006

I change permission. You should be able to upload source

mosi hd2

Jan 19, 2012
i like Cyanogenmod roms !
but i will install this rom

thank you macs for your hardwork on our hd2!
your roms are awesome!

partho roy chowdhury

Nov 21, 2009
Kolkata
I find that the status bar and anavigation bar are opaque by default. How to make them transparent?

Installed on NativeSD on my EU HD2. Running smoothly albeit with a slight lag. Wifi hotspot not working. Any solutions to the Wifi hotspot - it seems a persistent problem on many kitkat ROMs.

Partho

mohamedbahi

Oct 3, 2008
my HD2 became very slow and frozen frequently

Please help
my hd2 frozen and the rom becomes very slow after minutes from restarting it
i have istalled the rom SD- ext (2 gb in size ) using MAGLDR EXT4 file partition
the pone get hardly to wake up after i press wale up key

please help
Best Regards
:crying:

mosi hd2

Jan 19, 2012
I find that the status bar and anavigation bar are opaque by default. How to make them transparent?

Installed on NativeSD on my EU HD2. Running smoothly albeit with a slight lag. Wifi hotspot not working. Any solutions to the Wifi hotspot - it seems a persistent problem on many kitkat ROMs.

Partho

go to setting > performance
and select "force high-end graphics"
then reboot phone

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten

partho roy chowdhury

Nov 21, 2009
Kolkata
@ mosi_hd2

I don't know if I am missing something but I did not find any option "force high-end graphics" under settings.
I searched all over the place but could not find this option.

Partho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Bringing to you SlimKat 4.4.4. This is an unofficial ROM which is built from source by merging Evervolvs Legacy code and HD2 related files.
    with kernel 3.0.101

Credits:
    SLIM TEAM for the amazing features and allowing me to build the rom.
    EVERVOLV TEAM for the legacy codes.
    marc1706, Tytung, Sportsstar89, Securecrt, Xylograph, ph03n!x, datagr, Rick_1995, Daekin, BSDgeek_Jake
    texasice, KonstaT, Gangster41, spezi, marco.palumbi, Robbie-P, PixelFreak, chautruongthinh for all HD2 kernels, libs, mods, corrections
    And all those individual/teams who I might have missed.

My Special thanks to marc1706, Nikez, Securecrt, chautruongthinh, gilbert32, Robbie P, HypoTurtle , Daekin, walter79, for their recent support on kernel 3.0.xx and ROM

ROM uses new kernel 3.0.101 with ION.
    Kernel features:
    • Updated to 3.0.101
    • ION
    • CPU Governors: Smartassv2, Ondemand, Performance, Interactive
    • IO Schedulers: Noop, Deadline, Row, cfq, bfq (default), sio
    • Bcmdhd wifi drivers
    • pmem camera (works with newer aosp camera)

Whats working:
    • Phone
    • Audio
    • SMS
    • Data: 3G/HSDPA
    • USB Mass Storage
    • Notification lights
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera (New 4.4.4)
    • Camcorder
    • Panorama
    • 720p Video Playback
    • GPS/AGPS
    • Wifi tethering (should work havent tested)

Not Working/Bugs:
    • Booting from wince/haret
    • rmnet on magldr (Using PPP for data in magldr)
    • Native USB Tethering or using 3rd party app
    • BT tethering (should work havent tested)
    • battery indicator (may be still havent tested) Nobody complained so assuming it is fixed
    • adb on windows PC's
    • art
    • turning off gps when wifi is on causes reboot fixed

Porting
    • Kindly do not port any system files in your ROM, you can use the kernel and its module though.

Support
    • If you have a problem and want to post it please give us mininmum details such as Tmous1024 or EU448, MAGLDR or CLK, Nand, Data2Ext, NativeSD, System partition.
    • Also giving us logcats would be helpful
    • This is an unofficial ROM so do not post any queries or question about this rom in slim's thread/site.
    • Please dont post regarding any fucntion that is not working which has already been mention on the main thread

DOWNLOAD SlimKAT_mac89 Updated Nov 04 2014 > Read logs

TRDS Google Apps: I have not provided Google apps with the ROM that can be dowloaded from playstore at users wish.
    However if you like TRDS google apps (gapps that invert UI colors when we switch real dark slim) you can download and manually install each apk (not by flashing in recovery) from slims official website
    http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads

Installation Tips
    • System partition size 380B
    • Boot partition size 13MB for MAGLDR bootloader and 5MB for CLK bootloader (Credits Robbie)
    • First boot may take around 10-15 min
    • Once you see language screen let it settle for 3mins, do not touch the screen.
    • Enable developers setting by tapping repeatedly 10 times on Setting > About Phone > Build Number
    • You can adjust animation as you like in developers setting but Just make sure you have Animation Duration Scale set to 0.5 Anything below 0.5 may cause display glitches
    • Enable Settings > Developers Option > Force Gpu rendering
    • you may need to Get rooted by Setting > Developers Option > Root accesss > select "apps" or "apps and adb"

Please volunteer as this is a newer kernel so I need to know which installation method boots and which doesnt boot, so that I can try to fix it for
    also kindly give the following details below,

• HD2 type: EU (448MB) or Tmous(1024MB)
    • Type of installation: NativeSD, Nand, Data2ext
    • Bootloader: cLK or Magldr
    • Recovery type and version
    • Radio
    • Partition size : boot, system, data, cache, sd-ext, sdcard
    • Type of sdcard
    • Type of battery: Original hd2 or extended battery
    • kernel logs (kmsg) and logcat if possible ( if kernel wont boot, you wont be able to get logcat but if you have a working NativeSD ROM you can get the kernel logs (kmsg)
    How? If kernel hangs during boot, open the battery cover, use a pen or something and hit the red reset button (do not remove battery as if battery is removed you will loose the kernel logs) now when the device reboots boot into the working nativesd rom and then open any root explorer and copy last_kmsg in proc folder. (/proc/last_kmsg) then past it to the sdcard and upload to website. alteratively you can do "adb shell cat proc/last_kmsg" from you computer with the usb cable connected and upload the contents

Note: This Kernel and ROM are ION based unlike other ROM/kernel so now that has been published are PMEM based
    So this kernel is not compatible with any other ROM's (except for CM11_ION), so do not waste your time trying
    Also this ROM is not compatible with any other kernels, so again do not waste your time trying
    I have many user doing this an saying it is not working so I have to mention this over here before any else tries

IF YOU LIKED THE ROM PLEASE HIT THANK BUTTON BELOW
    Logs
    SlimKat 8.9
    Initial Release
    Check "my" kernel source kitkat branch. works well no battery drain
    @max18max , @pixelfreak , @walter79

Can you compile Carbon rom?? I very like Carbon!! If you can, please share your device tree, i will compile carbon for myself!! Many thanks!!
    Hey buddy. Welcome back. Good to see you alive. How have you been? Big thanks to you for helping me on kitkat. Even though I released the ROM much later coz I was concentrating more on the kernel, but it was great help from you to get me started with kitkat. I'm currently offshore and will be back in a week or more, and I will upload the my device tree.
    My apologies users, but there will be no more update for this ROM.
    As my slim repo wont compile anymore.
    Sorry.. But I will post Carbon ROM tonight. So another option for users