[Q] New User. I Need Help.

Search This thread

tonydamiani

Jan 6, 2014
San Francisco
I need help. I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH - I337) Rooted from AT&T. I got two problems.

First I cannot update my version from JellyBean 4.2 to 4.3. Every time I had downloaded the update when the device restarts and it reaches 21% on the update it said's "Update Fail". What can I do?!

NOTE - (Someone told me that because I rooted the phone I cannot update my phone through AT&T servers)

Secondly my device from time to time restarts it self.

And sometimes the wifi stars connecting and disconnecting every few seconds.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
I need help. I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH - I337) Rooted from AT&T. I got two problems.

First I cannot update my version from JellyBean 4.2 to 4.3. Every time I had downloaded the update when the device restarts and it reaches 21% on the update it said's "Update Fail". What can I do?!

NOTE - (Someone told me that because I rooted the phone I cannot update my phone through AT&T servers)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Follow my thread. .... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080 PLEASE READ SO U GET THE PICTURE ON HOW TO DO IT. .........:D. ...... If I were u : flash to stock using MF3.tar files from Original Post (OP) or first post Via ODIN....... Download MF3>MK2 update.zip ...... and then go to second post on guide how to update. ......hope this will get u start it. ....PM me if you have anymore question or need more help. ..... GOODLUCK. ...:D:thumbup::D

Swyped from MK2 Deadly Venom SS

audiowikid

Nov 17, 2010

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

The ATT updates can fail due to the device being rooted as stated by others here. Just as it has been recommended do a back up and a factory reset to see if it helps with your rebooting issues and wifi. Check your baseband under settings/about and if it ends with MDL i would recommend that you DO NOT update. The reason for this is that since you are rooted you can install ANY custom ROM on your phone, you can even install the latest google edition ROM 4.4.2. If you do the ATT updates and your baseband changes to MF3 or MK2 then you will be stuck with just limited ROMS and you will also be stuck with all the ATT/TW bloatware. Trust me 4.4.2 is soooo much better :) your phone will run alot faster and you will have the latest google version on your phone. I was on MDL and all the ATT updates failed on me and i just decided to install the google edition ROM and man oh man I LOVE IT!

tonydamiani

Jan 6, 2014
San Francisco
The ATT updates can fail due to the device being rooted as stated by others here. Just as it has been recommended do a back up and a factory reset to see if it helps with your rebooting issues and wifi. Check your baseband under settings/about and if it ends with MDL i would recommend that you DO NOT update. The reason for this is that since you are rooted you can install ANY custom ROM on your phone, you can even install the latest google edition ROM 4.4.2. If you do the ATT updates and your baseband changes to MF3 or MK2 then you will be stuck with just limited ROMS and you will also be stuck with all the ATT/TW bloatware. Trust me 4.4.2 is soooo much better :) your phone will run alot faster and you will have the latest google version on your phone. I was on MDL and all the ATT updates failed on me and i just decided to install the google edition ROM and man oh man I LOVE IT!

Nice where can I get a Google Play Edition ROM?

Question: Having the google play edition on my phone can I keep updating it until I have kikkat?

Thanks

G

GuestX0019

You may not be able to flash 4.3 roms and above with no issues. Your bootloader is locked down and no custom kernel flashing either. Also, only TW roms. That said there is newer beta Safestrap 3.7.1? that is letting 4.3 TW roms flash. I think!

I am on an original phone and not up on Safestrap. Read all you can here about it. Threads will be in General and Q&A.

G

GuestX0019

On MF3, your only option for a recovery is Safestrap 3.65 and you can only flash other 4.2.2 ROMS. Trying to use the updater in the GPE 4.2.2 ROM will possibly brick your phone. If you update to MK2 then you can have 4.3 ROMS but the 4.3 GPE ROM uses a different kernel and so you won't be able to use it.

Just FYI for me in future on helping out--is it SS 3.7.? for MK2--

G

GuestX0019

Yes, but if anyone is asking for the record it's still in beta, only on Hashcode's goo.im, and if they're still on MF3 they should stay if they want GPE and check which ROMs are compatible in the Safestrap thread before going to MK2.

Appreciate the info--I did know about the beta. Too much to keep up on with this phone--:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Follow my thread. .... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573080 PLEASE READ SO U GET THE PICTURE ON HOW TO DO IT. .........:D. ...... If I were u : flash to stock using MF3.tar files from Original Post (OP) or first post Via ODIN....... Download MF3>MK2 update.zip ...... and then go to second post on guide how to update. ......hope this will get u start it. ....PM me if you have anymore question or need more help. ..... GOODLUCK. ...:D:thumbup::D

Swyped from MK2 Deadly Venom SS