HTC Incredible Root Thread...Updated 05/31/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
05/31/2010

Here is the real story, the pics were fake, not from Jake day but some fraudulent member.

James friend also never had root and was lying to him.

So there we are and I am so so sick of all the BS and the flaming and lying!

05/25/2010
I just got a passed down possible super boot thanks to Paul over at Modaco.
I am away from my PC for the next 2 days, experienced Devs PM me and let's see if this works.

05/26/10
No go we still need bootloader...see thread.

The majority of the current Root Conversation is taking place with Devs over at XDA, with experienced Devs like binny and others.....DEVS ONLY! see here:
[PR] Rooting For devs only - xda-developers

What is Root? Why would I want to Root my Incredible? What does it mean? I am a NOOB help me understand all of this...
See here:
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/45242-rooting-q.html

I want to help root and learn more! Want to elearn more and Developing for an Android/Linux Device...
See Links At bottom of Post #4 here:
http://androidforums.com/all-things...-thread-addons-roms-updated-04-21-2010-a.html

Last edited:

MrGoodCat

Sep 29, 2009
Ventura
well, i am no dev, but i would like to say thank you in advance, haha. can't wait to get this phone and then root it. i am glad to hear that there is good interest in this phone. i pre ordered mine as well and can not wait! been without a smartphone for a couple months. sold my tp2 in prep for something better coming out. it was a long wait but i am sure it will be worth it.

i wish you and all who work on this project the best, and most speedy, of luck. thanks again

nemanracing

Aug 18, 2005
Riverside, CA
Re: Root Status/Exploits/Dev Roll Call Thread! Coming Soon.......Updated 04/23/2010

Can't wait didn't preorder but will prob pick one up on the 29th... i'll be willing to help as much as I can...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hornyhippo

Apr 24, 2010
would like to see nexus one 3d photo gallery in your rom which would be nice. I also can't wait for free wifi tethering.

Last edited:

IncredibleDoes

Apr 20, 2010
Lone Tree
twitter.com
I have created a custom recovery.img from Ama_ra's source, so if fastboot is unlocked then we can just flash the recovery.img via fastboot and flash a custom ROM.

I used the xmoo shipped ROM for the images.

but if its not unlocked then we can try fastboot oem unlock and see if it unlocks the bootloader, but this will 100% void your warranty.

I have also created an update.zip but the shipped ROM might be newer than the leaked images from (xmoo)

drensin

Nov 6, 2007
I have created a custom recovery.img from Ama_ra's source, so if fastboot is unlocked then we can just flash the recovery.img via fastboot and flash a custom ROM.

I used the xmoo shipped ROM for the images.

but if its not unlocked then we can try fastboot oem unlock and see if it unlocks the bootloader, but this will 100% void your warranty.

I have also created an update.zip but the shipped ROM might be newer than the leaked images from (xmoo)

I've already tried fastboot oem unlock on the Incredible and it doesn't work. Hardware similarities aside, rooting the device won't be as easy as the Nexus One.

-dave

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
Should be rooted allready...... so there may not be a need for this thread.

@ binny1007
Good to see u man and hope ur gonna get an incredible so I can see you around again (even if your always so sour ;) )
But the Incredible hasnt been rooted yet, otherwise this wouldnt be here lol...
Hope you help out working on it...but we tried fastboot oem and goldcard and couple other random things yesterday and no luck so far....

Cheers! and good to see u around!

binny1007

Jun 29, 2006
Madison
The root for the desire and legend has not been released yet, sooooo as soon as Paul releases it, the same way should work for the inc. Just hold on tight, it should not be too much longer.

Ed Zachary

Oct 7, 2008
binny and acidbath, at it again!
My hope is that this thread does not get infested with the snipes and snots that haunted some of your other efforts.

I also hope you guys can root the Incredible before I'm eligible to get one!

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
The root for the desire and legend has not been released yet, sooooo as soon as Paul releases it, the same way should work for the inc. Just hold on tight, it should not be too much longer.

Yeah Paul over at modaco....I am waiting for what he has got...
And yes in all probability it should work or at least quickly to us rooting the Incredible...
But even if Paul does get it.....I will still be hosting a Kitchen I have working on here as well as ROMs down the road....
Hope to see your stuff to Binny1007 :)

Cheers!

Irishpride

Dec 15, 2009
Emerald City
I'm not a developer by any means, but I'm always willing to test pretty much anything. I've been keeping a close eye on this phone for a few months now and pre-ordered on the 19th, just checked the order status page on VZW and it says "Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days." Man, I cannot wait to get my hands on this bad boy!

deekjx

Nov 11, 2008

Which is why I'm getting the best buy maintenance program. They have no deductible and you can change your phone out as often as you like. :). Walk in get another one and leave. I do believe that they will start using refurbs when they become available if they have them at the store you visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.