Search This thread

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
We all know about this tool "directory bind"

This tool is much required for s3 as we dont have the option to move an app to sd card. Making this guide for people who are having trouble configuring/using "directory bind" on s3.

Steps:

1. Install directory bind.
2. goto app preferences
Change the default data path to
Code:
/mnt/extSdCard/
Change the default target path to
Code:
/sdcard/
3. Select "add new entry" and press the menu key , you will get an option called "data transfer assistant" . Select it.
4. Now select the source "data" folder to be moved.
5. Once the files are transferred to the new location select "bind checked" option in the app menu.
6. job done.

Below is the pictorial example of moving "Asphalt 7 " sd card data to external sd :)

the source directory for this game is located in "mnt/sdcard/android/obb"

the above directory is binded to "mnt/extSdCard/Directorybind/obb"

87567875.png
22122431.png

99277413.png
69917105.png

67495332.png

tips:

* select "bind on boot" in preference to keep the binding after reboot
* you can backup your current binding settings , by default the file is stored in "/sdcard" as csv file.
* uncheck "handles usb connection" in preference if you dont want to disturb your binding when connecting/disconnecting usb.

Last edited:

FallenOut

Sep 15, 2010
Kay L
nice n good guide
by the way
it doesnt work on exfat cards
so suggested to format the 64gb card to fat32 before doing so
failure to do so
would result in damaged sd card error after moving a few games

Reactions: skyrail01

alkatrazz

Jun 27, 2012
bangalore
Works well. Thanks @Bala. But one point here. Surprisingly i did not find anything in Android/obb folder. Asphalt files and Modern Combact 3 files were found in /Android/data with crazy long names( com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftM3SS for MC3 and com.gameloft.android.SAMSUNG.GloftA7SS for asphalt 7). Just my 2 cents.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Works well. Thanks @Bala. But one point here. Surprisingly i did not find anything in Android/obb folder. Asphalt files and Modern Combact 3 files were found in /Android/data with crazy long names( com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftM3SS for MC3 and com.gameloft.android.SAMSUNG.GloftA7SS for asphalt 7). Just my 2 cents.

Strange I had my data in obb, it was different with previous install. ;)

《spilled from dragon jellybean rom》

maatus

Jul 17, 2012
Most of the binding should work, if you guys find something not working pls post it here so that it will save others time. I'll update the compatibility list in this post

it doesnt say anywhere in this thread but does it require rooting? My only reason for rooting would be exactly to be able to transfer files from my 16 gb to extSd. Although I have no experience in rooting

Reactions: Mzi.Rintu

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011
binded the whole obb folder and yes it worked, is there any other games that stores data there?

wow that was awesome then
I don't know so i move 1 by 1 folder =.=

u try it then report back at lyn lolz

will do but need to move back in order to try again
and once got game data install at there, need to move the whole folder back and move back using directory bind right ?

aayush1409

Apr 27, 2012
Chandigarh
Works like thunder and fire!!!

Moved the whole "Android" folder from internal storage to sd card and freed myself of 9gb of space and the apps are also working...
So.... YAAHOOOO!!!!
Thanks mate:D:D

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

By the way I AM having 1 problem
After doing all the binding and all i go and play one of my 1gb games and after 3 min.'s the screen shows me with the notification window that Directory Bind has stopped working but still the app works with no hiccups and yet again after every few minutes the screen prompts show that directory binder has stopped...
Any way to fix the problem mate, the rest is cheese
-Using Samsung galaxy SIII Int, Version
With SdCard as 64gb ultra Sandisk Class 10

FallenOut

Sep 15, 2010
Kay L
Moved the whole "Android" folder from internal storage to sd card and freed myself of 9gb of space and the apps are also working...
So.... YAAHOOOO!!!!
Thanks mate:D:D

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

By the way I AM having 1 problem
After doing all the binding and all i go and play one of my 1gb games and after 3 min.'s the screen shows me with the notification window that Directory Bind has stopped working but still the app works with no hiccups and yet again after every few minutes the screen prompts show that directory binder has stopped...
Any way to fix the problem mate, the rest is cheese
-Using Samsung galaxy SIII Int, Version
With SdCard as 64gb ultra Sandisk Class 10

wat format is ur card?
exfat or fat32?

Reactions: ArbiterGR

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Hi mate,

Thank you very much for your guide, I am however having a few issues......

I follow the guide exactly and all the games work in the directory I've moved ('Android' folder). However it stops other games from working that are on the root of my internal SD card or some reason???

Also even if I click on bind at boot after a reboot I need to redo the WHOLE process over again. Even select directories again and re bind them. When my phone reboots a message pops up saying it's binding my directories but it isn't, I just seem to find a way to save it.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you :)

rvpals

Apr 30, 2011
nice n good guide
by the way
failure to do so

I have a 64GB MicroSD card for my Verizon S III, do you know why from time to time it would give me the damaged sd card error? when that happens, how to fix it without re-formatting it? What's proper way to prepare the 64GB card for use in Samsung Galaxy S III.

I'm very curious because I have tried many times to reformat my 64GB card and recopying all my files.

Thank you

ow3rk1ll

Sep 16, 2012
Nice guide it will help me a lot thanks man ..:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

hollow1

Jan 12, 2012
7yzamary.jpg

This is in my S3. Hope it can help someone to understand it better.
Sometimes you might confuse, but please look at the path as in example in this picture, it will be easier.

Also don't forget to backup database file in the option. This help you restore file & path easily if you manage to wipe, flash new rom.
The backup file is located in internal sd card, root folder. It can even be edited from Excel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

PS: Forget about the green button. It mean I am activate Asphalt7 folder to play the game.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: genesiscopy

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Hi mate,

Thank you very much for your guide, I am however having a few issues......

I follow the guide exactly and all the games work in the directory I've moved ('Android' folder). However it stops other games from working that are on the root of my internal SD card or some reason???

Also even if I click on bind at boot after a reboot I need to redo the WHOLE process over again. Even select directories again and re bind them. When my phone reboots a message pops up saying it's binding my directories but it isn't, I just seem to find a way to save it.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you :)

I had this problem initially (locations not sticking after a boot). This was solved by changing the source and target directory in the preference menu with the right path. Check the directory path again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know about this tool "directory bind"

This tool is much required for s3 as we dont have the option to move an app to sd card. Making this guide for people who are having trouble configuring/using "directory bind" on s3.

Steps:

1. Install directory bind.
    2. goto app preferences
    Change the default data path to
    Code:
    /mnt/extSdCard/
    Change the default target path to
    Code:
    /sdcard/
    3. Select "add new entry" and press the menu key , you will get an option called "data transfer assistant" . Select it.
    4. Now select the source "data" folder to be moved.
    5. Once the files are transferred to the new location select "bind checked" option in the app menu.
    6. job done.

Below is the pictorial example of moving "Asphalt 7 " sd card data to external sd :)

the source directory for this game is located in "mnt/sdcard/android/obb"

the above directory is binded to "mnt/extSdCard/Directorybind/obb"

87567875.png
    22122431.png

99277413.png
    69917105.png

67495332.png

tips:

* select "bind on boot" in preference to keep the binding after reboot
    * you can backup your current binding settings , by default the file is stored in "/sdcard" as csv file.
    * uncheck "handles usb connection" in preference if you dont want to disturb your binding when connecting/disconnecting usb.
    @johny

The folders you see in internal are actually shortcuts not the actual data. Deleting it will delete the data in your external sd too

《posted from samsung rom》
    For gameloft games, gae data is usually in:
    /sdcard/Android/data
    /sdcard/Android/obb
    /sdcard/gameloft/games

One of those 3. To know which folder represents which game, simply go to google play write the name of the game and then check the url.

For example Asphalt 7:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM

As you can see on the end: com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM

This way you can easily identify gameloft games.
    nice n good guide
    by the way
    failure to do so
    I have Note2 lte version. Rooted, running IllusionRom 4.2.2.
    It doesn't matter if i bind files from obb or data, the apps won't work. The phone does not understand the bindings. Directory bind shows that everything should be fine, the disk logo is green, bind is checked. The files are moved to extSD, paths are identical..but none of the apps launch, they start to download the missing files immediately after launch.
    Any ideas?
    I've used this software with my SGS2 and everything worked flawlessly.

Thanks

Google changed how 3rd party apps mount. You cannot use directory bind in 4.2

Look up foldermount

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4