Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Search This thread

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
If you say you are coming over Wednesday but our mother in law unexpectedly drops on you than yaaa gotta get rid of them first...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
LOL
No kick them out after they eat and Get back to doing testing !!! Unless they are bring the food and drink then the Hell with everybody Let them WAIT..
Jovy ..Just kidding have funny. Respect to you and Family.. :good::cool:

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011
Jovy likes to tease us before he releases an update, which builds up the anticipation. He can't really control unexpected things that happens during the development process. Just be patient and thankful that he is a very active developer that keeps providing us with great updates, so no need to flame him for not releasing an update on the said date. It's better to wait and fix the kinks of the rom, rather than flood his thread with complaints. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Was not flaming. He is a great developer. Just stating a fact. Over a week ago promised update at Midnight. I would rather be surprised when when hits rather than being dissappointed when a promise is broken. Either way Version X is perfect anyway.....

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
Was not flaming. He is a great developer. Just stating a fact. Over a week ago promised update at Midnight. I would rather be surprised when when hits rather than being dissappointed when a promise is broken. Either way Version X is perfect anyway.....

Come On really ?
It can't any more clear then his OP

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW AND TIPS

- Don't Ask For ETA On Updates

- I Most Likely May Not Be Updating Every Week

Reactions: nyyankees1237

mgbotoe

LOL
No kick them out after they eat and Get back to doing testing !!! Unless they are bring the food and drink then the Hell with everybody Let them WAIT..
Jovy ..Just kidding have funny. Respect to you and Family.. :good::cool:
LMAO!!!!

On a another note, have anyone heard of sidebar? was just bored and came across this thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152373

anyone tried it? thought was a cool lil app for those who doesn't want a lot of icons on their screen

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
LMAO!!!!

On a another note, have anyone heard of sidebar? was just bored and came across this thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152373

anyone tried it? thought was a cool lil app for those who doesn't want a lot of icons on their screen

I tried one of the roms that was multi-window with a side bar and for my use I don't really use to full potential. I do like gesture controls. I use Nova prime launcher and I like to make status bar and notification bars to disappear. Makes a real clean look. Then for my most used apps I set different gestures for them.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

Reactions: mgbotoe

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
It should not "brick" anything, but make a backup first. Feel free to be the guinea pig and test it out for us.;)

Thanks, just an FYI, the theme and app section of the i9300 forum (http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1567) has a TON of mods and stuff. I just cracked open some of the flashable zips on my pc just to make sure they would not jepoardize bricking or anything and most of them are just replacing apks. I think im going to try flashing some later on when I get to work.

If anyone wants to help try any, post the links for any mods that work

Last edited:

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
So how is everyone enjoying the new rom? I especially like the increased volume for the ring and notification. I work in a cleanroom and with the air handlers and tools running it was difficult to hear when I got pages or a phone call. Now I actually have to turn it down. Then I read in the dev thread about how to disable the boot up sound which was driving me a little crazy, especially when I am trying new kernels or trying different themes.
Has anyone been experimenting with different kernels. I may stay stock for awhile, but knowing my flashing addiction that will probably hold true until my Thursday which is the start of my weekend. lol.

I think Jovy has definitely done a great job on this new update. It is everything plus more than I expected.

kinjus0675

Jun 8, 2008
I've kept the system stock for now. I used to run the k747 and the lean kernels on V X but I figured I'd run stock for a bit. I had issues with overheating and random reboots. Sofar v X1 is running great on a clean install I make sure to follow the devs instructions to a tee and haven't had any issues. I especially like the volume fix and once I removed the boot sound (11pm flash + sleeping 5 yr old = me on the couch last night) everything was perfect. I'll report on battery life after a few cycles

Sent from my GS3 super machine...

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
Cool a Darthstalker topic thread for non-dev questions/discussions. Can't wait to get my phone back and flash X1. If anyone wants to try a different Darthstalker boot ani, they are in my sig block...

JohnnyNyQuil

May 26, 2010
DeBary
Anyone else having a problem with Google talk not connecting? I can see my girlfriend on my contacts but it says she's offline and visa versa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

kinjus0675

Jun 8, 2008
Anyone else having a problem with Google talk not connecting? I can see my girlfriend on my contacts but it says she's offline and visa versa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Gave me a bit of an issue at first. Booted recovery fixed permissions, wiped cache and dalvik and now works fine on X1. Just got off a video chat 5min ago.

Sent from my GS3 super machine...

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
can i use one of those to make a small signature?

Sure thing boss - i want to see it when its done, I have this thing for creative signatures lol

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

No dice! Not too worried about it, just wanted to try the video chat.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Did you dirty flash the update ? Running a custom kernel ? Any mods ? What version of Talk are you using ? What happens when you try to Video call someone ?

dubledose23

Mar 24, 2011
Ogden
Music Question

I hope this hasn't been answered yet. I looked and can't find an answer. I love everything about this rom and I really want to flash back to it. My question is... can I make it so my music app ( spotify ) shows through the lockscreen so I can change tracks quickly without unlocking the phone? I have only seen this available on CM10 based roms but would love it if its possible on this rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured I would start this thread so that we can move all the non-development talk out of the development section. I hope people will use it so that when something that pertains to development is talked about it will be easier to find. We can discuss what kernels gives best battery life, which ones work and which one break things. We can post about our favorite apps, widgets, wallpapers, or how the weather is outside. Maybe someone will get help on an issue they are having. We can discuss anything within the guidelines of XDA, lets just try to help keep Jovy's thread clean.

I'll start, has anyone had an issue when coming out of sleep the screen is dim and you have to go into brightness and tap it to make it work? I think maybe I set my clock frequency to low or maybe I should be using a different governor. Another issue that bugs me is when I have ripple effect set and use a black background for my lockscreen the borders of the screen look slightly grey. I have read posts about this and by turning off ripple effect the color is like it should be. I like the ripple effect and I like black backgrounds, does anyone know about a fix for this, or does anyone notice this issue on their phone.

Here's the link to the Darthstalker ROM if you read this post and want to check out the actual ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014442

I am not the developer of this ROM, all credit for this great ROM goes to jovy23 and those he's listed in his OP.

~ Todd

Man, the development thread is going downhill dude. Can't type a single thing without someone putting their red eye on you.

That is the exact reason I created this thread. The last time when the new update was going to drop there was so much noise in the dev thread that it was hard to follow. The development thread should only be for development topics and feedback on bugs people find and this thread is for everything else. I read this thread looking for comments on what mod are working, what kernels are people using, etc...... I read the Dev thread looking for bugs people are experiencing, updates from jovy,etc..... I just hope that jovy doesn't get pissed off from some of the comments in the dev thread and stop working on it. I used to run frosty ROM until dj quit working on it because some people were being rude/ungrateful and he shut it down. I don't blame anyone who is doing something for free and gets insulted because something isn't right. I know I can't do what these guys provide for us for free and I am grateful they provide something that makes our phones better. If I wanted stock phone I would have bought an iPhone. Rules are rules, not that they are all good, but when you're in someone else's house you follow their rules good or bad and if people would understand this it wouldn't be so frustrating. Problem is the trolls that want to flame threads just to get reactions and they are good at it. It's the internet and it's easy to be a internet tough guy.

Naw stock everything. I use ROM toolbox pro to uninstall system apps but I guess it is damaging something in the process ... I'll manually remove and then push non inverted gmail

I use RU Pro (Root uninstaller pro) to uninstall it or just rename to Gmail2.bak.. and i manually pushed the Gmail2.apk I like. I have done it to all of Jovys ROM .. I have tried many different themed Gmail .. ver 4.2.1 and 4.1. I like this transparent better . Here . Just re-name
    and push ..
    Does anyone have a flashable (zip) stock kernel?
    I have looked and looked with no luck, I mean I can always just re flash the rom, but wanted to explore other alternatives first.

Thanks for creating this thread btw.

Here's a link to the stock kernel, you can experiment and flash this back if needed...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326881

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys been using this ROM for awile. I recently flashed a 4.2 ROM and know my GPS won't lock on I had made a back up before flashing ROM and reverted back to backup after I decided to switch back to this rom. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I followed to get my GPS back. It does work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2111306