HTC Apps gone after unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

MasterOfDesasters

Mar 23, 2006
Berlin
www.lives-in.eu
Hey folks,

after unlocking the bootloader via HTCdev I recognized, that Calculator, Flashlight, Ringtone Trimmer and Sound Recorder are gone. Is anyone able to upload these for putting them back?

Thanks in advance

soapbubble

Apr 27, 2011
It does honestly turn me off a little bit. It does push me to my alternate choice due to the ease of everything on past devices there.

Trekest

Sep 9, 2009
I wonder - could these apps be extracted from a custom rom, Mike's for example, and re-pushed to it? (Fixing permissions as well of course).
These should be unmodified in the roms.

Edit: I wonder where should they be pushed though, system/app or data/app?
I'm downloading ARHD right now to get these, but since I don't have the device yet I don't know where to push them and which permissions are needed to be set.

Edit2: I've opened a thread here to try and resolve it. Custom roms won't help since there are odex files needed as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39211936

Last edited:

Trekest

Sep 9, 2009
But those apps are not located natively in /system/app, they're located at data/preload.

OzBoy08

Feb 10, 2011
Melbourne
Download Missing M7 Apps

Hey folks,

after unlocking the bootloader via HTCdev I recognized, that Calculator, Flashlight, Ringtone Trimmer and Sound Recorder are gone. Is anyone able to upload these for putting them back?

Thanks in advance

G'day mate. Last night I was in your position. And I too was getting people telling me that the warnings were out there. I had to hunt around and finally found a way of getting the job done. I have uploaded the apps that will "disappear" onto my 4Shared account from where you are welcome to download them.

What I did was to root the One, connect to my PC, transfer these .apk files to the download folder on the One, allowed Unknown Sources and installed them all again. BTW, there quite a few more apps than the 4 common ones that people talk about. They are all there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Just noticed in your signature S-Off on HTC One M7. How did you get S-Off ? Is there a tutorial around that can help a noob like me ?

Cheers

Reactions: bogdancirstea

SoltyPK

Feb 25, 2011
G'day mate. Last night I was in your position. And I too was getting people telling me that the warnings were out there. I had to hunt around and finally found a way of getting the job done. I have uploaded the apps that will "disappear" onto my 4Shared account from where you are welcome to download them.

What I did was to root the One, connect to my PC, transfer these .apk files to the download folder on the One, allowed Unknown Sources and installed them all again. BTW, there quite a few more apps than the 4 common ones that people talk about. They are all there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Just noticed in your signature S-Off on HTC One M7. How did you get S-Off ? Is there a tutorial around that can help a noob like me ?

Cheers

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Here ya go.

Reactions: OzBoy08

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Missing M7 Apps

Hey folks,

Thanks in advance

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Cheers

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Cheers

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

Here ya go.