[Q] Official Cyanogen Mod rom. How soon?

Search This thread

kortik9

Feb 14, 2013
Hello, everyone!

Dunno if it was asked before or is it thу right place to ask this, but anyway:

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!

Rutr

Aug 4, 2012
Hello, everyone!

Is CM team going to release official CM rom? May be even someone know how soon it will be? I don't like samsung stock rom because of the bloatware it has, but I think I am not the only one.

Thanks in advance!

Don't know if there will be an official build, but unofficial build by crpalmer works great.

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Hello, everyone!

Thanks in advance!

I've never quite figured out why people get so hung up on "official"... When there is an official build of CM, it will still be me maintaining it and the only differences will be that:

* you'll get nightly and M builds which makes them more frequent
* you'll get slower device specific updates to the core software (right now I change it and build it, when it's official it can take weeks to get a change in the frameworks approved and you won't see it until it's approved).

that said, it will be official but doing so takes effort from me and from other people that are very busy and so all I can say is it isn't official yet.

Reactions: kortik9

kortik9

Feb 14, 2013
I've never quite figured out why people get so hung up on "official"... When there is an official build of CM, it will still be me maintaining it and the only differences will be that:

* you'll get slower device specific updates to the core software (right now I change it and build it, when it's official it can take weeks to get a change in the frameworks approved and you won't see it until it's approved).

that said, it will be official but doing so takes effort from me and from other people that are very busy and so all I can say is it isn't official yet.

Actually before creating this thread I saw your "unofficial" build thread and checked your profile to see if you are somehow connected to CM dev team, but you have no information in your profile. I don't like unofficial builds because often they have something tuned\installed\uninstalled, but I like how CM works and I don't want anything else, this is why I want official build. But in this case I think I should try your build, as you maintain official ones anyway.

Thanks for clarifying this!

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Actually before creating this thread I saw your "unofficial" build thread and checked your profile to see if you are somehow connected to CM dev team, but you have no information in your profile. I don't like unofficial builds because often they have something tuned\installed\uninstalled, but I like how CM works and I don't want anything else, this is why I want official build. But in this case I think I should try your build, as you maintain official ones anyway.

Not necessarily having visibility into any framework changes I've made is a pretty reasonable concern. There's only one change that I have already submitted for review so nothing too magical going on behind the scenes. Everything else is available in my public git repos for anyone to verify.

Reactions: Gunthermic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Not necessarily having visibility into any framework changes I've made is a pretty reasonable concern. There's only one change that I have already submitted for review so nothing too magical going on behind the scenes. Everything else is available in my public git repos for anyone to verify.