[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
I have a practical question:

4/13 was great for me-- fantastic battery life,etc. The only problem was GPS was fubar

4/17 fixed GPS, but battery and compass now are not so great.

I would love to roll back to 4/13 but is there any way to make the GPS changes myself separately without flashing a new nightly?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

You can, but you'd have to build it from source, and you'd have to have some fairly solid knowledge of how git works, after a bunch of searching, i managed to build CM9 for I9100 without the sdcard changes, you basically have to revert the changes back to the one that causes you a problem, then pull the ones you want back after. If you want to do it, look up how to build from source on the cyanogen wiki, then learn how to revert/cherry pick git changes.

Reactions: ricktherick

Lekerstein

Jan 20, 2012
For those who have the car dock or custom-made car dock cable, you may have noticed the the Samsung Vlingo app that comes on the stock ROM isn't included in a lot of ROMs (including CM9). I find that the Samsung one is actually more useful to me as it accepts commands over my in-car bluetooth or bluetooth headset. The actual Vlingo app does not work with bluetooth headsets. I've attached here the official Samsung Vlingo voice command app (used to be voicetogo.apk back on GB). I wish someone had posted this for me when I was looking for it, so here's to the next guy. This APK was pulled from Tasks's official AT&T ICS leak. Just push it to system/app and reboot and you should be good to go!

P.S. It's a .zip file in order to conform to the forum's upload limitations. Just extract it from the zip (don't flash it with CWM).

Attachments

• vlingo.zip
    8 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: aj9507 and karth500

mgd76

Feb 23, 2012
Foxborough, MA
If you wiped or you hadn't ticked the Internal Storage option, the first change probably ticked it for you, just untick it and reboot, problem solved.

Am I the only one without that menu option? Under settings -> storage, I don't see Storage Configuration. Just 3 bar graphs, (internal, internal and SD card) erase SD, and mount/unmount SD.

Edit: running 4/21 nightly, and I'm positive my menu was the same on 4/20...

Last edited:

AJehle

Oct 13, 2011
You have to hit the menu button, go to advanced, then you can choose. I believe it works afters restart

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

mgd76

Feb 23, 2012
Foxborough, MA
Settings -> advanced shows a radio menu with 3 choices: UMTS only, HSDPA only, and HSDPA + HSUPA. None are checked, and it looks like if I check one, I won't be able to get back to none checked... Which is right?

AJehle

Oct 13, 2011
Go to settings -> Storage, then hit the menu button to get to the advanced settings where the storage options are located.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Reactions: mgd76

ninjamonke

Mar 4, 2012
This is what my phone has atm so can I install this mod? Will it upgrade my phone to Android 4.0+?

fyrOl.png

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
So with the 4/21 nightly I no longer hear notification sounds over Bluetooth. Worked for sure under 4/19 and earlier not 100% sure if it worked under 4/20 but I believe it did.

dylanwinn

Oct 1, 2010
Is anyone else getting improperly scaled magnometer data? When I open a compass app and rotate the phone, the compass rotates 4 degrees for every one degree of actual rotation. This results in the heading being reported as 0/360 when it is actually 90, 180, or 270 degrees.

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Is anyone else getting improperly scaled magnometer data? When I open a compass app and rotate the phone, the compass rotates 4 degrees for every one degree of actual rotation. This results in the heading being reported as 0/360 when it is actually 90, 180, or 270 degrees.

Yup, its a glitch in the new sensor HAL, this was discussed in the I9100 forum, same magnetometer, same issue. There is a fix in the works, ETA unknown atm.

switters1

Nov 19, 2010
You can, but you'd have to build it from source, and you'd have to have some fairly solid knowledge of how git works, after a bunch of searching, i managed to build CM9 for I9100 without the sdcard changes, you basically have to revert the changes back to the one that causes you a problem, then pull the ones you want back after. If you want to do it, look up how to build from source on the cyanogen wiki, then learn how to revert/cherry pick git changes.

I guess what I was thinking was instead of trying to compile a custom cm9 rom, why not make just the gps tweak that is in 4/17.

I thought there were some tweaked values I could simply add myself. Is this an oversimplification?

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
I guess what I was thinking was instead of trying to compile a custom cm9 rom, why not make just the gps tweak that is in 4/17.

I thought there were some tweaked values I could simply add myself. Is this an oversimplification?

Oh, for just the GPS tweak, umm...search in the GT-I9100 thread the flashable patch and/or the value are in there about a thousand times, the flashable patch should be safe to use on the I777 but if you're worried you could just nab the values which are posted in there somewhere too.

Edit: I found it for you find /etc/sirfgps.conf and make changes as described in this merge http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14724/1/configs/sirfgps.conf

Last edited:
Reactions: switters1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.