How to remove the locked Bookmarks S5

Search This thread

pcidiot

Oct 30, 2010
How to Remove your locked bookmarks from Stock Android browser on the S5. This may work on other Samsung Phones but I haven't tested it.

1. Root your S5

2. Go to Playstore and get Root Browser app or a good root accessible file editor and allow it Root privilege. I tried ES Explorer and for some reason it would not save file for me after editing.

3. Open Root Browser app, navigate down tap system/csc/ customer.xml

4. Select the RB Text Editor

5. Swipe down until you find <Browser> <NetworkName>ATT</NetworkName><Editable>No</Editable> Change the No to yes so it says <Editable>yes</Editable> do this for all 4.

6.Save and exit out.

7. Reboot

8. Go to Settings, Application Manager, All apps, Internet, Clear cashe, Clear data. Exit out

9. Go into Internet browser, You can now delete those bookmarks out. You will have to set your home page back up and you will lose your other Bookmarks, but if they are linked to your Samsung account you can load them back up.

I am not responsible if you mess up your phone. Please, hit the thanks button if you used this to get rid of bookmarks.

Can I get a Mod to edit my Title and add a little Bold. Plus insert a on before S5. Please!!! And Thank You

Last edited:

Phazonclash

Feb 14, 2013
Montreal
How to Remove your locked bookmarks from Stock Android browser on the S5. This may work on other Samsung Phones but I haven't tested it.

1. Root your S5

2. Go to Playstore and get Root Browser app or a good root accessible file editor and allow it Root privilege. I tried ES Explorer and for some reason it would not save file for me after editing.

5. Swipe down until you find <Browser> <NetworkName>ATT</NetworkName><Editable>No</Editable> Change the No to yes so it says <Editable>yes</Editable> do this for all 4.

6.Save and exit out.

7. Reboot

8. Go to Settings, Application Manager, All apps, Internet, Clear cashe, Clear data. Exit out

9. Go into Internet browser, You can now delete those bookmarks out. You will have to set your home page back up and you will lose your other Bookmarks, but if they are linked to your Samsung account you can load them back up.

I am not responsible if you mess up your phone. Please, hit the thanks button if you used this to get rid of bookmarks.

Can I get a Mod to edit my Title and add a little Bold. Plus insert a on before S5. Please!!! And Thank You

Thanks my friend, worked perfectly on my Galaxy S7 edge (Nougat beta 4)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Root your S5

6.Save and exit out.

7. Reboot

Pretty amazed that only 3 people have used this out of 230 views.
    Pretty amazed that only 3 people have used this out of 230 views.
    A few of us do not have a customer.xml file to edit.
    I just did it. Works perfect. Thank you.