Super SU installation failed ISSUE FIXED!!

Search This thread

kljb

Jul 3, 2012
For those having problem of updating Super SU binary after flashing rom [ROM][ARC/S][.587]JELLY SANDWICH 6.0 STABLE[22-09][Aroma][Uploaded] or any other rom that have the same problem.I found a way to fix it..

1. first try update binary using Super SU for few times, if still installation failed try to download old superuser through play store.
2. Disable superuser for Super SU in settings>Superuser
3. In old superuser, go to info and then tap the "tap to check updates" and update the binary.
4. Then, enable superuser in Super SU and voilaa!!... try it..

chrisbard

Oct 14, 2012
For those having problem of updating Super SU binary after flashing rom [ROM][ARC/S][.587]JELLY SANDWICH 6.0 STABLE[22-09][Aroma][Uploaded] or any other rom that have the same problem.I found a way to fix it..

1. first try update binary using Super SU for few times, if still installation failed try to download old superuser through play store.
3. In old superuser, go to info and then tap the "tap to check updates" and update the binary.

Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

I am trying the above unsuccesfuly

SuperSU 0.96 will say Installation failed when trying to update (tried several times)
I then disabled as advised and I get a message that uninstallation failed (even if the button is then in the off position)
I install the old superuser, I tap to check updates and I get the following errors:
1. The checked version is 3.0 rather than 3.1.1 (which I think it's not an error since I am using an older version)
2. Everything is OK until is trying to Copying su to system... fail!

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

P.S. Nevermind, I found SU update FIX on googleplay and it did the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisupi007

SammiSaysHello

XDA Portal Team
Sep 3, 2012
Australia
Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

SuperSU 0.96 will say Installation failed when trying to update (tried several times)
I then disabled as advised and I get a message that uninstallation failed (even if the button is then in the off position)
I install the old superuser, I tap to check updates and I get the following errors:
1. The checked version is 3.0 rather than 3.1.1 (which I think it's not an error since I am using an older version)

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

lol no wonder 1st post didn't work, you're using htc......well i think that's the problem :p

oort cloud

Sep 15, 2010
Chicago

Thanks a bunch! That worked for me on an Android tablet with stock ROM. I had the same problem.

radnou974

Jan 15, 2012
Saint-suzanne
Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

Same problems

miguelca

Jun 15, 2010
Portugal
Google Pixel 7a

Thanks a ton for this fix! I was about to throw my phone out of the window but you saved its life. ;)
In step 2. I think it's easier to say: Open SuperSU and deny root access on the Superuser prompt.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing (destructive).
I just say this because I couldn't find an option to add a denied application in Superuser. Maybe I didn't search too hard...
This works with Xperia-ICS v2i ROM port (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1855768).

Last edited:

walee2309

Sep 5, 2013

What do you mean by "old superuser"?

elenac

Feb 9, 2015
It worked

1 + 2 + 4
Thank you a lot!

NicKhil Chavan

May 14, 2015
Issue Resolved :"Supersu binary failed"

Amigos,

Who is having issue of SuperSU Binary update than they should download the attachment which is an update for SuperSU & install or flash it through "Recovery mode" & reboot. It takes while to get up your device but it works for me.

Cheers.

E

Electric26

This is what worked for me:

1. Install Superuser by ChainsDD.
2. Install SuperSU.
3. When the Superuser prompt comes up, click allow.
4. Update the binaries.

TheGuyIsHere

Sep 29, 2015
Thanks

:) Worked for me. You saved me from factory resetting my phone!

chrisupi007

Mar 24, 2014
chrisupi007.blogspot.com
Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

Worked for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
    Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
    Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

Any ideea why?

Thank you!