[CLOSED][OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
This is related to what is red-squarred in the attached pic. Post #2, known issues.

And can be seen here for instance too: https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post72604833

:cowboy:

:good: Ok, thanks for the explanation, and I'm glad that it's already known. I didn't refer to the issues described in post #2 as the example was not a multi- but single quotation.
However - and lesson learnt (will remember), I wasn't aware that CODE tags often break post rendering within Labs.:good:

I doubt I have any new details to add, or very old details as the case may be, but anyhow; I did not get back to the MiXplorer thread in time with follow up (which I was going to do in this thread, linking from there) but in the post preceding Mohan's I mentioned this being an old issue, and the follow up with which I was late is this: This glitch has been known for years (at least since May 2016) but may be experienced to differing degree based on usage. E.g. In Labs PM one particular username containing [] routinely and predictably breaks quoting but in threads accessed by Labs the issue seems less common than in Labs PM, and it does not seem to occur in web browsers much if at all.

Last edited:

bveditz

Oct 24, 2009
Los Angeles
Got a question and maybe it's answered somewhere in this 1200 page thread. But maybe someone can help. I also have the 'can't login' issue and from what I've read, it's been an ongoing issue that folks haven't figured out yet. I'm not too concerned about that not working on some devices (in my case), except its kinda impacting me on something right now. I'm trying to use the AAGateway app which is a paid app that you can only get through XDA Labs. I need to try to get that app installed on some of my older devices (Android 4.x, 5.x, etc) however the only way to install it is via the xda labs app and it seems many of them have the can't login error message. I can login and download the app fine on my pixel or a couple late OS model phones, but sadly that particular app doesn't work that great on later devices and it's better with older devices that have root, which those devices seem to be the ones with the login issue on XDA Labs. Anyway, since there isn't a lot of progress on the login issue, is there any other way to install XDA Labs paid apps other then via the XDA Labs app?

Side note, I tried both logins (regular and google) to no avail. Regular login gets the invalid user/pass (and yeah, i've tried the various password reset tricks) and the google login. The google login just gets a green screen with a refresh circle. Whats funny is if you rotate the display at all during this process, it just goes back to the 'welcome to the app' screen.

Last edited:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Got a question and maybe it's answered somewhere in this 1200 page thread. But maybe someone can help. I also have the 'can't login' issue and from what I've read, it's been an ongoing issue that folks haven't figured out yet. I'm not too concerned about that not working on some devices (in my case), except its kinda impacting me on something right now. I'm trying to use the AAGateway app which is a paid app that you can only get through XDA Labs. I need to try to get that app installed on some of my older devices (Android 4.x, 5.x, etc) however the only way to install it is via the xda labs app and it seems many of them have the can't login error message. I can login and download the app fine on my pixel or a couple late OS model phones, but sadly that particular app doesn't work that great on later devices and it's better with older devices that have root, which those devices seem to be the ones with the login issue on XDA Labs. Anyway, since there isn't a lot of progress on the login issue, is there any other way to install XDA Labs paid apps other then via the XDA Labs app?

Side note, I tried both logins (regular and google) to no avail. Regular login gets the invalid user/pass (and yeah, i've tried the various password reset tricks) and the google login. The google login just gets a green screen with a refresh circle. Whats funny is if you rotate the display at all during this process, it just goes back to the 'welcome to the app' screen.
You can contribute with logging and providing logs of login issues as previous users to help devs:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82627561
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82628741

Rotation resets display layout, that is why. Paid apps require XDA Labs app logged in the smartphone

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: barcia99

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
I noticed this in logs:

This should help devs to find out the culprit. Thanks for reporting:cowboy:

The rest is left to see whether other users who can't login experience the same logs or this is special for your device. Let's wait until they upload their logs as well @BeeJ1109 and @elocnix

Hi All,
I would gladly help !!!!

All I want is a concise method on MatLog app, setup of the parameters needed firstly.

Then the correct procedure from start to finish, using "MatLog v1.2.3 to record and save "only the lines of text" in regards to the Login issue with XDA Labs v1.1.6b-debug. Removing ALL the useless lines of text.

That is it, and I only need to extract or setup the Matlog app, Functional to record only the login and the response back, that XDA server is rejecting my Username and Password. As being "incorrect" on only one device.
Whereas xda-1.1.6b-play.apk works correctly on ALL other devices, I own.

I have also posted a PM to the Dev, plusCubed.
Mike Channon, XDA Forum Administrator, whom informed best to contact the Dev.

Suggest others, do the same, "more the merrier", might get a response.

Mike, also informed me, there is another completely new update of XDA Labs app, being released soon. After 2 years of no updates, last released in early 2018. Not xda-labs-1.1.7b-rc2-debug.apk.

Please respond, so I can provide the appropriate logcat required for examination, to hopefully find a solution to this Annoying Login problem, many others are also finding issues with this XDA app.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Try this, @Eleo gave me these instructions.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Sorry, video link didn't upload

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

By Kindle you mean Amazon Kindle Fire? Because the other kindle doesn't use Android as a system OS.
About logging, once you install matlog, open the app and give root permissions, it will start collecting logs. As simple as that. I don't know what are you unsure about. But nevertheless, here you can find more info on logging using matlog:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/how-to-save-logcat/
It also has a video record in case you are still confused.

Good luck

Hi Thanks for the links.
Sorry Video is OK, explains the basics, includes the Procedure in text, to help understand the accent, what he is describing.
But found it a little too basic.

I can assure you, it is not simple to create, the correct info, in regards to the logcat, required to investigate a precise issue.

1. Requires a concise "step by step" procedure.
2. Includes the "best settings" in the app's setup, prior to recording.
3. What is required to search and extract a partial log.
4. That only creates a logcat file, that is useful to Devs., and other knowledgeable members .
5. Post to investigate and hopefully fix the issue.

So far, all my attempts are full of useless info, and nothing, about the errors, or what is the cause of the failure.

Cheers

barcia99

Sep 22, 2015
Bay city
Hi All,
I would gladly help !!!!

All I want is a concise method on MatLog app, setup of the parameters needed firstly.

Then the correct procedure from start to finish, using "MatLog v1.2.3 to record and save "only the lines of text" in regards to the Login issue with XDA Labs v1.1.6b-debug. Removing ALL the useless lines of text.

That is it, and I only need to extract or setup the Matlog app, Functional to record only the login and the response back, that XDA server is rejecting my Username and Password. As being "incorrect" on only one device.
Whereas xda-1.1.6b-play.apk works correctly on ALL other devices, I own.

I have also posted a PM to the Dev, plusCubed.
Mike Channon, XDA Forum Administrator, whom informed best to contact the Dev.

Suggest others, do the same, "more the merrier", might get a response.

Mike, also informed me, there is another completely new update of XDA Labs app, being released soon. After 2 years of no updates, last released in early 2018. Not xda-labs-1.1.7b-rc2-debug.apk.

Please respond, so I can provide the appropriate logcat required for examination, to hopefully find a solution to this Annoying Login problem, many others are also finding issues with this XDA app.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Hi Thanks for the links.
Sorry Video is OK, explains the basics, includes the Procedure in text, to help understand the accent, what he is describing.
But found it a little too basic.

I can assure you, it is not simple to create, the correct info, in regards to the logcat, required to investigate a precise issue.

1. Requires a concise "step by step" procedure.
2. Includes the "best settings" in the app's setup, prior to recording.
3. What is required to search and extract a partial log.
4. That only creates a logcat file, that is useful to Devs., and other knowledgeable members .
5. Post to investigate and hopefully fix the issue.

So far, all my attempts are full of useless info, and nothing, about the errors, or what is the cause of the failure.

Cheers
I will attempt to help as much as possible.
1: Open matlog
2: Hit x button top right to clear logs, then quickly
3: Hit three dots button top right for drop-down click file then the record button. At this point it's recording. Minimize matlog (don't close) at this time.
4: At this time go straight to XDA login and try to reproduce the failed login. Once done go back to matlog app.
5: once back in matlog app stop recording by hitting the blue stop icon bottom right corner.

From there I go to internal storage and find a file named matlog. Open that and logs should be there. Hopefully! In regards to partial logs I really don't know and don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. Good luck.

bveditz

Oct 24, 2009
Los Angeles
You can contribute with logging and providing logs of login issues as previous users to help devs:

Got it. Not sure what you use for logs (again, this thread is too long), so I just used matlog to capture the log. I attempted both logging in normally and via Google login. I didn't remove anything from the logs, but I did just go from matlog to the XDA app and back after so hopefully the logs aren't too bloated. For now I've just done it on one of the devices, the second device isn't rooted (damn verizon Moto E) and the third device is currently without internet access after some kernel modifications I was in the midst of. Anyway, I'll try to capture other logs from this or other non-working devices, just let me know if this is what you're looking for.

In any case, I've found a way around logging in to get the paid app installed and I don't otherwise use this app, so i'm no longer affected. Hopefully they'll find a fix for others though.

Good luck!

Attachments

• ZTE-Z667T-82020-05-27-23-17-12.txt
    440.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: barcia99

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Got it. Not sure what you use for logs (again, this thread is too long), so I just used matlog to capture the log. I attempted both logging in normally and via Google login. I didn't remove anything from the logs, but I did just go from matlog to the XDA app and back after so hopefully the logs aren't too bloated. For now I've just done it on one of the devices, the second device isn't rooted (damn verizon Moto E) and the third device is currently without internet access after some kernel modifications I was in the midst of. Anyway, I'll try to capture other logs from this or other non-working devices, just let me know if this is what you're looking for.

In any case, I've found a way around logging in to get the paid app installed and I don't otherwise use this app, so i'm no longer affected. Hopefully they'll find a fix for others though.

Good luck!
Lines 1604-1661 and 3150-3188 have the errors of login in your logs. They coincide with logs shared by barcia99, which could be good news, as it defines the reason of login issue

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide

Good luck!

I downloaded your log.
Sorry useless.
I mentions XDA-labs once.

So your point. I understand the basics of getting a logcat.
I need someone. To provide the best settings they use to get a log that isonly capturing , errors or faults.
The rest is useless text. Irrelevant to the problem.

The reason for long thread is to explain the problem fully.
If you read my post fully, I have an issue with one device, the other 3 or work.
That's it.

Thanks for your effort.

Cheers

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
I downloaded your log.
Sorry useless.
You don't read logs by searching for keywords only. That would be easy and fast way, but also wrong, since you would miss some important clues. Logs have levels; I, V, D, E and F (which is fatal error in framework, but is written as WTF in apps; that mostly ends up with a app/device restart or not boot at all). Those are more of your concern rather than keywords to look for app name (sometimes app package name may not even show up in logs). More info you can get in following links:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/util/Log
https://www.scalyr.com/blog/logging-levels/
and similar...
Without going too much off topic, please check the lines that I posted above. They are the culprit.
I need someone. To provide the best settings they use to get a log that isonly capturing , errors or faults.
The rest is useless text. Irrelevant to the problem.
You can filter logs to show different levels. You click on 3dot button and log levels, and you see a list. This list means the following:

- if you choose verbose logs, you will see V, D, I, W, E and WTF (no kidding) in your logs
- if you choose debug logs, you will see D, I, W, E and WTF (still no kidding) in your logs
- if you choose info logs, you will see I, W, E and WTF (again, serious) in your logs
- if you choose warn logs, you will see W, E and WTF in your logs
and so on

As you get more to the end, you don't get "useless text" in your logs

But

Sometimes that useless text can provide a missing link in the issue. In that case you might be asked to provide "full logs". So, you have following as an option:

- take FULL logs, save it, then open it in matlog, filter warn (or error), save as second version, share it. If you are asked to provide full logs, share the first one (full logs).

Last edited:

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
You don't read logs by searching for keywords only. That would be easy and fast way, but also wrong, since you would miss some important clues. Logs have levels; I, V, D, E and F (which is fatal error; that mostly ends up with a app/device restart or not boot at all). Those are more of your concern rather than keywords to look for app name (sometimes app package name may not even show up in logs). More info you can get in following links:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/util/Log
https://www.scalyr.com/blog/logging-levels/
and similar...
Without going too much off topic, please check the lines that I posted above. They are the culprit.

Thanks for your info.
I am not really up with this Matlog. app. You may have gathered.

I will further investigate by reading the info within the links provided.
I can see the log levels.
So a simple Q&A. What setting did you use to achieve the numbered line numbers mentioned.
What text reader are you using.

All I have asked for, is a concise dot point guide. For New Users to learn from the experts.

If I know the settings, then I should be able to replicate,
using my non working Device, compared to one of my working Device.

Cheers

Reactions: coal686

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for your info.
I am not really up with this Matlog. app. You may have gathered.

I will further investigate by reading the info within the links provided.
I can see the log levels.
So a simple Q&A. What setting did you use to achieve the numbered line numbers mentioned.
What text reader are you using.

All I have asked for, is a concise dot point guide. For New Users to learn from the experts.

If I know the settings, then I should be able to replicate,
using my non working Device, compared to one of my working Device.

Cheers
Well, for now, as a user who provides logs, all you need to do is following:

- be sure to have other apps turned off (not uninstalled, but probably, force stopped), as signals from those can provide more impurity in logs
- try to be done as fast as possible

About the line numbers; you just need a correct software to read logs. If you want to read logs:
- In PC I use notepad++ (freeware)
- In android device, I use Mixplorer (it is a file explorer app, that has inbuilt code editor), but you can also use quickedit text editor if you dont want the file explorer part of Mixplorer

Both of the software above will view the logs with line numbers.

About dot point guide; nobody gets it. You figure it out yourself. Same was for me. If you don't try yourself, but instead do it from a written guide, you wouldn't understand what is where and what means what. So, my recommendation would be to try out stuff.

I can't go into more details as it really is an offtopic discussion.

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
giphy.gif

bveditz

Oct 24, 2009
Los Angeles
I downloaded your log.
Sorry useless.

Not sure why you replied to my post, since I'm just an affected user like you who posted their logs. As an aside, when I captured my logs (using matlog) and posted them, I did skim the logs and there really isn't anything confidential captured in the logs so I don't see any issues with just posting full logs and not worrying about trimming them or anything else. It's also not up to us to figure out what the problem is or isn't, because we're not the developers so we have no access to the code, it's just up to us to help show what's happening on our device and if we're lucky, it'll provide some insight to the developer. Seems like you're thinking too much about how it'll help the developer instead of just giving them the logs and going about your day. :)

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
Well, for now, as a user who provides logs, all you need to do is following:

- be sure to have other apps turned off (not uninstalled, but probably, force stopped), as signals from those can provide more impurity in logs
- try to be done as fast as possible

Question How Do I "force stop" 147 apps at once.
I could backup apps, using Titanium Backup apps only, which I do regularly. Remove 145.
Leave only 2 apps. But Google is always running crap in Back ground.
Makes a total 350 , if you include systems apps, some of which are necessary otherwise the Tablet will not work.
After completed the Matlog, can reinstall app backups.
So what is your suggestion.??

About dot point guide; nobody gets it. You figure it out yourself. Same was for me. If you don't try yourself, but instead do it from a written guide, you wouldn't understand what is where and what means what. So, my recommendation would be to try out stuff.

OK, I understand where are coming from, in regards to learning the process by experimenting.
I wrote TECHNICAL manuals for >20 years to assist 100s of employees, as a Technical Specialist, on Mobile Networks. I can tell you there are lots Q&A , Feedback, Corrections to improve the process. It's called "Best Practice".

So if you will not offer a guide on "how to".
Then at least tell me something, that will help me understand the process of logging. Called "a Hint".
1. Create a full log - Understand that.
2. Log levels are set for initial log before record, or set to default as original install setting. or select another option.
3. Log levels Only used when Reviewing the saved log.
4. The captured log. Can edited, using Full Log, then Partial log extracts the relevant parts, that relates to the issue we are investigating.

Do not understand comment "offtopic discussion". Please explain what you are referring to.

Hi eleo,
Thanks for your help,
Cheers

Last edited:

barcia99

Sep 22, 2015
Bay city
Do not understand comment "offtopic discussion". Please explain what you are referring to.

Hi eleo,
Thanks for your reply.
Cheers
I think the bottom line is we're all here to help each other when possible. All that's truely needed is for you to upload the (full) log and have the developer's look at it along with the logs I uploaded and any others. Bottom line is we all would like a solution. Just my thoughts

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
Not sure why you replied to my post, since I'm just an affected user like you who posted their logs. As an aside, when I captured my logs (using matlog) and posted them, I did skim the logs and there really isn't anything confidential captured in the logs so I don't see any issues with just posting full logs and not worrying about trimming them or anything else. It's also not up to us to figure out what the problem is or isn't, because we're not the developers so we have no access to the code, it's just up to us to help show what's happening on our device and if we're lucky, it'll provide some insight to the developer. Seems like you're thinking too much about how it'll help the developer instead of just giving them the logs and going about your day. :)

Hi bvedit,
I am just trying to understand the process.
There does seem to be a guide as to what settings are required for the initial log.

I don't have an issue with the privacy part you mention.

It's ALL about getting a log that will be useful to publish.
A complete waste of time for all, if you attach a log that is useless to the developer, whom is asking for the log, thinking everybody automatically knows the process.
A little help goes along way to solve the problem, in a quick efficient way. Time is money.

Just tell me your settings, that's it.
I have been trying to get a similar log to you.

Thanks again,

Cheers

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
You just need to follow the steps you were told. That is it. There are no settings, no rules, no musts, no have to's.

You have a post with link to webpage that tells you exact steps you need to do:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82621265

You have a post that explains the steps you need to accomplish:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82621429

There is a post that tells you what to read in logs:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82694739

There is a post that tell you how to read logs:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82695219

By now you have everything you need. You have not only stuff you need for providing logs, but also to read them. And truth to be told, you, reading the logs will not help developer or development of this app.
This thread is XDA Labs app development thread. You will find numerous amount of threads in XDA that are meant to explain HOW to get logs, how to read logs, how to use a specific app and etc. Each topic is covered in not one, but several threads meant for them.

Discussing these topics in XDA Labs development thread is not normally ok, because we are re-stating what is mentioned (and in a more thorough way) on those threads. Which also means, we are going off the track from the main point of this thread. As you see above, I have shown you a number of post only meant to explain you the logging event. Only. Nothing about this apps development. It is plain logging that is meant to be used at any app force close/app not respond/app fail to execute an action and etc.
There does seem to be a guide as to what settings are required for the initial log.
No, there isn't. All you need it to follow steps as written. That is it.
It's ALL about getting a log that will be useful to publish.
A complete waste of time for all, if you attach a log that is useless to the developer, whom is asking for the log, thinking everybody automatically knows the process.
A little help goes along way to solve the problem, in a quick efficient way. Time is money.
We never have said any such thing. Logs are shared to provide info. But they also may not. And we never wrote any post saying "your logs didn't help, it is waste of time". It was you, who said that a log was useless (here: https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/labs-t3241866/post82694647 ) but instead it was quite useful and gave the idea about the issue. So, it wasn't our claim. You claimed that post and now say that we would write that. We won't.

And yes. Time is money. Longer it takes you to share logs, more time is wasted.
Just an FYI.
Truth to be told, I don't like this expression. It comes up too many times in kernel, ROM and camera app discussion. There is an illusion in users, thinking there is A ONE, absolute and perfect setting, in which they can perform everything in a best way. But no. There cannot be an ultimate perfect setting. And if even there is one, then it is the default setting, coming right after launch. So, please, do not get into that illusion as well. All you need to do is to perform the steps and log the event.

I know coal686 gave permission to extend off-topic, but I am rules-guy myself. And as I extend this offtopic I feel unwell.

Wish you luck.

Auf Wiedersehen,
Eleo

Last edited:

bveditz

Oct 24, 2009
Los Angeles

Oh, I didn't do anything special, so if you're trying to get the same log... I basically did this (forgive my slight vagueness on the exact dropdown names, i don't have that phone in front of me and its no longer running matlog or xda labs anymore anyway):

1) opened xda labs
2) opened matlog
3) hit clear logs in matlog.
4) switched over to xda labs
5) tried logging in
6) switched back to matlog and did the 'save log' command
7) copied log to pc and added to an email.

That's it, but if that doesn't work for you then I would just give up.. This might be a bit out of your depth, no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/31/20: Important update: XDA Labs if officially discontinued. Read about it here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

We (at XDA) have been working on something. :eek:

This is XDA Labs. The name isn't final, and this is not the "official" launch... but we are (quietly) giving you guys a chance to try it out so we can get some feedback. So....what is it?

First and foremost, it's a speedy way to access the forums (ad-free!). You'll see a lot that's familiar with XDA One, because we merged the code into Labs and made a handful of much-needed improvements.

Second, it's a new way to access all the Xposed modules you love.

And third, it's a way to distribute apps-- and eventually all sorts of stuff that people upload to XDA. It is 100% pro-developer in that 1) we allow all types of apps (including stuff not allowed on Play), 2) we don't remove apps without warning and without communication to the developer, 3) we enable developers to sell apps, receiving 100% of the proceeds directly, 4) we accept Bitcoin payment, which is fast, easy, and low cost, and 5) we utilize alpha, beta and stable release channels so devs can have control in how they distribute apps to users. :highfive:

If you are a developer and want to add your app, go here:
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/

Labs is discontinued. Read about it here.

Otherwise...use the app, and tell us what you think! Again, Labs is very much Beta right now so keep your expectations in check! :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    XDA Labs, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    blk_jack, svetius, bitpushr, rwestergren

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 1.1.6
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-19

Created 2015-11-05
    Last Updated 2018-03-19
    Known Issues
    • Multiple embedded quotes can break/rearrange incorrectly
    • Multi-quote is limited to current page
    • Chipset/architecture specific app builds unavailable (arm64/intel/etc)
    • If your account name has been manually changed on XDA it also needs to be changed in Labs and can only be done by an admin
    • Additional glitches, quirks and other bugs listed here (maintained by @Wood Man)

General Limitations
    • / forum tags aren't rendered
      [*]Attachments can't be added when editing posts
      [*]Files can't be removed once attached (user must start post over)

Support Your Device!
    If your device isn't being identified correctly, please take a look at the Android Device Names Registry. This is a community maintained repo you can contribute to so Labs (and other apps) can rightfully identify your device.​

Community Chat
    Want to chat with the team or other Labs users? Want to help debug an issue?
    Join us on Telegram in the XDA Labs group!

Help translate! Aide Ã?* traduire! Aiutare a tradurre!
    Head on over to our page on thee mighty CrowdIn to join in the fun!​

FAQ
    Q: Where's the source!?!?
    Not available and no ETA. It's not up to us (the team behind Labs), so please don't ask as we're not the ones to answer.

Q: Notifications seem a bit inconsistent or delayed! What gives?!
    Labs uses a very light-weight notification service that uses MQTT instead of Google Play Services. Due to the changes first found in M, Android has made Google Play Services the only way for apps to reliably get notifications. You can get around this by manually adding Labs to the "Don't Optimize" list in Settings -> Apps -> Special Access -> Battery optimization -> All apps. The term "Don't Optimize" is misleading, Labs won't drain your battery and you'll get notifications properly. Read more about it here.

Q: How do I disable the Apps/Xposed part of the app? I only want forums!
    Right now you can't! We're looking into letting the user disable parts of the app, but in the meantime you can enable the XDA Forums launcher icon. When loading directly into the Forums none of the App/Xposed sections will be loaded into memory. See this post for more info.

Q: Since this app is part-store and it won't be allowed on Play, how do I get updates?!
    Good question! Labs has OTA self-updates that will notify you when a new version is available.

Q: I'm getting a Parse error when installing apps, what gives?
    This is a Package Installer issue. Check out a workaround here.

Q: I have updates from GroovyAPKs/GoogleAPKs for apps I haven't even installed via Labs! What gives?!
    From the explanation in the app itself:
    In addition to indie apps, Labs also contains staged roll-out versions of popular big-name apps. This means you can get the latest release of Hangouts before it's available on Play for your device or country. Updating via Labs still lets you get future updates. You just get the newer version sooner. Yay!

These staged roll-outs are snatched as soon as the roll-out begins and made available immediately in Labs. They're hand-picked by cyborgs at XDA (GroovyAPKs/GoogleAPKs) and are identical to the versions eventually pushed out on Google Play..
    You can block apps by clicking on the circle with a / slash through it above the Apps tab.

Q: Can you change the paged layout of threads to endlessly scroll instead?
    Sorry, this change requires a substantial amount of backend work done first and as such is not planned for any time in the near future.

Q: How can I add an App?
    Simply visit labs.xda-developers.com and login using your XDA username.

Q: I'm an Xposed Mod dev, how do I add a banner, screenshots, etc to my mods?
    Xposed Mods are still added/edited on rovo89's repo.xposed.info. Once your Xposed Mod is added there, you can log into the Labs console to add a banner, screenshots and more to your mod!

Q: How can I add my Wallpaper??
    We're working on expanding our dev console to support the upload and management of user submitted wallpapers.

Q: I found a bug! Fix it!
    Yea yea, sure sure. First, if possible, download the latest debug build. Second, recreate your issue while capturing a log using logcat. Third, post a brief description of how to re-create your issue, with your device information and the log attached. It's that easy! EDIT: This has been roughly outlined in this post. Feel free to use it as a guide but do not ask support related questions on adb or how to capture logs.
    Roadmap
    We wish to keep this app updated according to constructive user feedback. Here's a peak at what's next for the app!
    • CPU/chipset build options (intel/arm64/etc)
    • Auto-update apps toggle for rooted devices
    • Ability to hide/disable parts of the app you don't use
    • Super dark AMOLED theme
    • Nickname auto-complete on PM, mention, etc
    • Download wallpapers
    • Moderation tools
    • Data-saver for forum images (load on-demand instead of automatically)

Check out the suggestions list here

Downloads
    [Latest Labs] (debug build)

1.1.6b (Mar 19)
    Notice: Upgrading to 1.1.6b may temporarily break installed substratum themes. Please rebuild the XDA Labs overlay to fix this.
    • [tweak] Update supported devices
    • [tweak] Translation updates
    • [fix] Edit post length related errors
    • [fix] Workaround some Huawei device startup crashes
    • [fix] Large image OOM crashes in posts
    • [fix] News top images not filling header
    • [fix] My Device crash for certain devices

1.1.4b (Feb 05)
    • [feature] LG theme support (thanks @markbencze!)
    • [tweak] Add more supported devices
    • [tweak] Upgrade network stack
    • [tweak] Upgrade Android support libs
    • [tweak] Upgrade search backend
    • [tweak] Updated translations
    • [fix] Portal news network error

1.1.3.3b (September 15)
    • [tweak] Add support for more devices
    • [tweak] Add telegram chat link
    • [tweak] Translation updates, added Korean
    • [fix] Back-end file attachment errors more descriptive
    • [fix] Broken / out-of-order image bug in N/O
    • [fix] Download receiver crash on some devices
    • [fix] OP post tag vanishing on rotation
    • [fix] Forum launch fragment crash

1.1.2.2b (June 4)
    • [fix] Certain network requests/actions randomly failing
    • [fix] Mangled translations
    • [fix] Revamp retry code for handling forum API request failure
    • [tweak] Extract out some colors for themes
    • [tweak] Update translations
    • [tweak] Update device names lib

1.1.1b (January 18)
    • [feature] Scroll to the top of tabs by clicking tab title
    • [feature] Add support for https forum links
    • [tweak] Updated device names lib
    • [tweak] Updated SearchPlus libs
    • [tweak] Thread search results launch new stack (>KK)
    • [tweak] Shared forum URLs default to https
    • [tweak] Browser option for failed forum URL parse
    • [tweak] Play edition removal prompt on full upgrade
    • [tweak] Update translations / add Arabic
    • [fix] Backing out of articles properly kills video
    • [fix] Prevent quoting/replies in locked threads
    • [fix] Fix page # in URL in thread share/browser
    • [fix] KK issues with SearchPlus

1.1.0b (November 11)
    • [feature] Forum Search webview replaced with Search Plus
    • [feature] Launcher shortcuts for Android 7.1
    • [tweak] Circle icons for Android 7.1
    • [tweak] forumdisplay URLs added to parser
    • [tweak] Add shortcut from Android notification settings
    • [tweak] Optimize app/xposed list refresh request
    • [tweak] More supported devices to My Device
    • [fix] Themes change without app restart
    • [fix] Thread list resume crash

1.0.9b (October 14)
    • [feature] Auto-draft saving for posts/PMs
    • [feature] Android Wear full notification support
    • [feature] Enhanced notifications
    • [tweak] Quote/Mention/PM caching and pre-loading
    • [tweak] Dismissed notifications not shown again
    • [tweak] Thread OP can now edit thread title
    • [tweak] Unseen thread default switched back to end
    • [tweak] Tweak rating star speed & rounding
    • [tweak] Thread search results UI
    • [tweak] Load multi-page thread search results
    • [tweak] Share article shortcut
    • [tweak] Add drafts to post edits
    • [tweak] Thread search results sorted by date
    • [tweak] Update to Nougat support libs
    • [tweak] Update 3rd party libs
    • [tweak] Update DB lib, use faster sorting for results
    • [tweak] App signing certificate validation
    • [tweak] Clickable links in app description
    • [tweak] Thread list rendering now much faster
    • [tweak] NavDrawer shown in Forums section if unread notices
    • [tweak] Removed All forum tab
    • [tweak] Find a forum search icon only shown in Forum tabs
    • [fix] Some device detect mismatches
    • [fix] Single page threads properly marked as read on visit
    • [fix] Thread marked as read on new reply
    • [fix] Light theme star rating white on white
    • [fix] Review modal button wrap
    • [fix] Existing drafts not saving properly
    • [fix] Xposed light theme star rating
    • [fix] Share news article crash
    • [fix] Edit post adding to [IMG/YOUTUBE] urls [*] [fix] [Q...st log more verbosely to help with debugging.
    Hi folks, a quick update on some recent changes.

We've successfully migrated the backend from Amazon to GCP. This includes an updated & more modern CI/CD that will improve the process to build/deploy the backend services. It also means we can scale and monitor those services better.

The app itself is now also tied into a new build process which automatically signs and generates builds for testers. With that in place, we'll be able to get additional developers on board and have their contributions be merged in with proper testing to prevent regression issues.

So what's next? Well, the notifications will finally be fixed and switched over from our homegrown MQTT setup to FCM.
    After that a slew of modernizations will be merged in to pave the way for some of the changes & additions you've been asking for over the past few years.

This is all happening with the help of @Wood Man and I'll do my best to keep updating this thread as new builds are finally released and changes to the app itself are rolled out.

Thanks for your patience and support <3
    Spread the word and support Labs

Show your love!
    Using labs is supporting indie Android dev, the backbone of the XDA Developers community. Show your support by choosing one of our signatures. Each signature represents a different role or relationship you might have with Labs. Are you a developer using the platform? Are you a translator who has contributed to the app? Maybe just an advocate? Helpful tester?? We got you covered!

preview_trans.png

Copy/paste the markdown string into your signature here

Large signatures

[URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/empty.png[/IMG][/URL]

Developer
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/developer.png[/IMG][/URL]

Beta tester
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/beta_tester.png[/IMG][/URL]

Contributor
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/contributor.png[/IMG][/URL]

Advocate
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/advocate.png[/IMG][/URL]

Small signatures

[URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/empty.png[/IMG][/URL]

Developer
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/developer.png[/IMG][/URL]

Beta tester
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/beta_tester.png[/IMG][/URL]

Contributor
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/contributor.png[/IMG][/URL]

Advocate
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/advocate.png[/IMG][/URL]

Small wrapped signatures

[URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/empty.png[/IMG][/URL]

Developer
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/developer.png[/IMG][/URL]

Beta tester
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/beta_tester.png[/IMG][/URL]

Contributor
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/contributor.png[/IMG][/URL]

Advocate
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/advocate.png[/IMG][/URL]

Signatures are courtesy of @Faiz Malkani. Hey did you know he did the Labs icon/logo too? What a great guy!

If you're viewing this in Labs, the NOPARSE tag won't be working and you'll see the image instead of the code. I realize the irony ;)