[CM7.2 Alpha8] Questions, Answers & Bug reporting!

Search This thread

Dannahsaur

Jan 4, 2012
Camera preview works fine now. But after taking a picture. There's a glitch wherein the preview becomes rainbow-ish.

Gallery isn't fixed too.

The video player works fine too. But can't play it on landscape mode. And the volume is low.

Typhoonx3

Apr 17, 2012
Neuss
Hey every two minutes my wlan gets no internet access under 10.2. Any solution for this?
Edit: I think i saw a link to something that can solve the problem but i can't find it :(
Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

Go to Wifi Settings and extended settings (press menu button) you can change the settings there.

Sorry i cant speak/write good english.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

Last edited:

twinky444

Jan 9, 2012
where the Wi-Fi is.
A2DP working

Just noticed that bluetooth A2DP (music over bluetooth i guess) is working! I think its on non-working list. Tried from my phone running CM7 A8.1a over bluetooth to notebook and music played!

VAMGDroidFan

Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
Bugfree and Well working ?

When will be this ROM free of all bugs and everything working, as in Kyrillos' v9.6 ?

I wanna use it for daily purpose... :)

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
When will be this ROM free of all bugs and everything working, as in Kyrillos' v9.6 ?

I wanna use it for daily purpose... :)

hmmm....no ETA's remember? (CyanogenMod rules):p
and just for ya to know...i'm on cm7 since alpha7 build was released.....that means i use it as a daily rom:D....only video rec & BT (a2dp) & on latest build alpha8a1 openfimg drivers....are the issues...but however i managed to run&play over 50 games with help of chainfire3d...so....it's usable as a daily rom:p
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.1
powered by
G3mod by Arakmar 12/04/2012.zip

Koucz87

Jul 24, 2011
Is it normal that when i've reflashed rom to froyo basen, some games have problem with grafic (open fmig issue of cm 8.1)?

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Is it normal that when i've reflashed rom to froyo basen, some games have problem with grafic (open fmig issue of cm 8.1)?

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

nah....that should not affect froyo in any way because system is formated...and some games have white textures on froyo aswell..even though there ard sammys graphic drivers in there...i suggest you to use cf3d in most cases....i use it & solves many texture problems on CM7.2alpha8a1 build which happens to be a base for my rom :D

Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.1
powered by
G3mod by Arakmar 12/04/2012.zip

Reactions: Koucz87

techlux

Feb 19, 2011
Kyrillos 10.2: Issue with Viber and/or Skype, maybe other VOIP

I'm running Kyrillos 10.2 (CM7.2 Alpha8.1 based with CM7 kernel v1.5 OC http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1431393)
and it is impossible to hear the other person with VIBER and she hears me neither.
This problem was already posted: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1478564&page=2
The thread at this time isn't solved yet:

My girlfriend and I (same situation of above :) ) have both the same ROM and Kernel and almost the same apps. I installed it on both Samsung i5800 2 days ago.
I used to use Skype, but it don't work. I heard about Viber (better then Skype), so I installed the apk Viber from market on both ROMs, but we cant hear eachother at all, like there was no plugin for that or like my phone doesn't have any speaker on it.
With skype: I heared for half a second the other person (also with the "Test Call" from Skype itselfs)

From now on, I want to use Viber, cause it seems to be lighter in resources, less bandwidth.

Does someone have a solution? Or does someone have the same issue?

Btw, how did I install Kyrillos 10.2 :
Via odin I installed 10.1, after that via CWM 10.2
and after each process I did a data/factory reset.

Thanks to all for your attention!

Before I forget, my VOIP calls with skype/Viber were always with 3G or
with minimum 150 kb per sec. I used skype with "good" quality on Kyrillos 9.5.

Best regards,
Techlux

marcellusbe

Dec 29, 2010
Québec City
I'm running Kyrillos 10.2 (CM7.2 Alpha8.1 based with CM7 kernel v1.5 OC http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1431393)
and it is impossible to hear the other person with VIBER and she hears me neither.
This problem was already posted: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1478564&page=2

My girlfriend and I (same situation of above :) ) have both the same ROM and Kernel and almost the same apps. I installed it on both Samsung i5800 2 days ago.
I used to use Skype, but it don't work. I heard about Viber (better then Skype), so I installed the apk Viber from market on both ROMs, but we cant hear eachother at all, like there was no plugin for that or like my phone doesn't have any speaker on it.
With skype: I heared for half a second the other person (also with the "Test Call" from Skype itselfs)

From now on, I want to use Viber, cause it seems to be lighter in resources, less bandwidth.

Does someone have a solution? Or does someone have the same issue?

Btw, how did I install Kyrillos 10.2 :
Via odin I installed 10.1, after that via CWM 10.2
and after each process I did a data/factory reset.

Thanks to all for your attention!

Before I forget, my VOIP calls with skype/Viber were always with 3G or
with minimum 150 kb per sec. I used skype with "good" quality on Kyrillos 9.5.

Best regards,
Techlux

thanks for the report.

I just tried again viber on a fresh cm7 a8.1 install and it works....

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
auto-rotation issue

Anyone has a workaround for the accelerometer issue on CM 7.2 a8 ?

I tried reflashing different CM 7.2 a8 ROMS, enabling/disabling screen rotate, but the problem comes back after CPU went to deep sleep (I think that is the cause).

Anyone has suggestions ?
-other drivers ? how ?
-prevent deep-sleep ? how?
-waiting for new CM 7.2 build ?

Br.

Michel

Silver_Johnes

Oct 29, 2011
Moscow

I tried reflashing different CM 7.2 a8 ROMS, enabling/disabling screen rotate, but the problem comes back after CPU went to deep sleep (I think that is the cause).

Anyone has suggestions ?
-other drivers ? how ?

Br.

Michel

Try to enable GPS only when you need it and disable right after. Yes, i'm talking about sensors' problem.

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
Try to enable GPS only when you need it and disable right after. Yes, i'm talking about sensors' problem.
I will try that....later if necessary , thanks for the suggestion :)

At the moment I changed the default WIFI sleep policy to "never sleep"...and so far this seems to do the trick (preventing deep sleep too?) ...well I have to wait longer to see if screen rotation keeps working, but so far it looks to work longer than before....fingers crossed.

psaxioti

Jan 11, 2011
Αθήνα

Anyone has suggestions ?
-other drivers ? how ?

Br.

Michel

I had the issue with the accelerometer with the standard 1.5 CM7 kernel.
Since I flashed the Ultra OC Kernel (1.5 CM7) the accelerometer works as it should.
So try flashing Ultra kernel and see if it works fro you too.

Williams3

Oct 3, 2011
Saint Petersburg
I'm using viber every time it need. Messages are send fine, but call's conditions not good for me. Huge echo some time, some time here no sound at all. I think this is a quality of viber and servers, not CM7 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we can talk about CM7/GB ports :)
    You all know that Marcellusbe started to port CM7/GB to our phone. He just released an alpha2 built (for testing purposes only!).
    Here you can ask question, and report bugs of the current CM7/GB built (alpha2). Do not report bugs in the official CM7/GB thread (in the development thread), to keep it clean!
    This thread will be constantly updated with the list of the bugs, so dont report the same bug if there is already in the list!

Latest Version: Alpha8.2 (Android 2.3.7) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1101218

@Marcellusbe, check this before the next release: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26291051&postcount=829

Reported Bugs! (report only the bugs which are not in the list!)

- Mobile network connection (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Wifi module (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Sound (Fixed 06/04/2011)
    - Vibrator (Fixed 06/04/2011)
    - Power key menu (Fixed 06/04/2011)
    - Cache partition isn't mounted! If you are on kyrillos' rom or any other rom that have the /cache partition converted to ext2/ext4 you have to convert it back to rfs before flashing CM7 alpha2. Make an fs.convert file. stl8 rfs. You can mount it too.
    - Sim contacts A fix is available below (Thanks to Deskjeti)
    - Theme chooser Partially works/needs reboot.
    - Apps from market are not downloaded/installed A fix is available below. (Thanks to chandradithya)
    - 2D graphic acceleration (Fixed - 06/16/2011)
    - 3D graphic acceleration (Fixed - 06/16/2011, still some minor issues left)
    - Button lights I5801 (Fixed - 06/16/2011)
    - Cpufreq driver (fix cyanogenmod performance setting - 06/16/2011)
    - Quadrant (Fixed - 06/16/2011)
    - Routing sound bug fixed (Fixed - 06/16/2011)
    - GPS (Fixed - 06/19/2011)
    - Outcoming call partialy works - The other person cant hear you (Fixed in alpha4)
    - CWM Recovery 4.0.0.5 (Fixed in Alpha5)
    - Sensors (fixed in Alpha5)
    - Screen off animation (fixed in Alpha5)
    - 2D/3D graphic acceleration (Fixed - 07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Camera with Black & White preview (Fixed - 07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Video (Fixed - 07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Screen Off CRT animation (Fixed -29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - Screenshot option menu (Fixed -29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - FM radio (Fixed - 27/10/2011 - alpha7)
    - USB mass storage (Fixed - 05/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - BLN (Fixed - 06/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Device specific settings - G3 Parts (voodoo sound control integrated) (Fixed - 09/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio recording (Fixed - 30/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Sensors (proximity) (Fixed - 04/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Wifi AP (Fixed - 10/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - The "Enter Pin Screen Keyboard" & "Pattern Unlock Screen" are too small (?) (Fixed - 25/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Bluetooth (A2DP)
    - CWM backup/restore
    - Audio/Video codecs hardware (mfc) (Fixed - 16/01/2012 - alpha8 - Thanks lebidou!!)
    - Screen On CRT animation
    - Camera preview (Fixed - 22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - OpenFIMG (Implemented - 22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Viber type apps (Fixed - alpha8)
    - Bluetooth (Fixed - venkat kamesh)
    - Sometimes the screen blinks white on Alpha8.1 [Its due to OPEN FIMG, it has something to do with the framerate of bootanimation]
    - Auto-rotate stops working at random
    - Ringtone doesn't loop
    - USB tethering
    - Video Recording
    - GPS isn't fully working
    - Youtube lags at HQ quality (kernel related)
    - Video playback issues [Video lag, the sound isnt clear] (kernel related)
    - Wifi issue (You can't connect to a network with hidden SSID)
    - Compass (?)
    - iptables problem with the new kernel v1.8 (Confirmed) (kernel related)
    - Some CyanogenMod Settings options
    -- Overscroll effect, Overscroll weight (Settings => CM Settings => Interface)
    -- Silent State (Settings => CM Settings => Sound)
    -- Status bar brightness control (Settings => CM Settings => Interface => Status bar tweaks) [Its an awesome feature, i am hoping that will be fixed soon!]

Questions & Answers

-My wifi isn't connecting to my router in CM7.2 Alpha8. What should i do?
    It won't detect wifi if Name (SSID) is hidden. It works fine if Name (SSID) is visible. So, go in your router settings (192.168.0.1 for me) and Unhide Name (SSID).
    guys when the mtd version would released?

Soon.
    Currently testing the mtd version and if all is OK it will be released.
    I just managed to solve the market fc/auto update problem on cyanogenMod 7.1 and install old market!
    Steps:
    1) From root explorer go to system/app. Mount rw. Delete marketupdater.apk.
    2) Download and install indroid ota app from here.
    3) Download transparent old market from the indroid ota app.
    4) go to recovery and flash the update.zip you just downloaded.if the flashing fails just extract the zip and copy and replace the vending.apk in the zip with vending.apk in system/app using root explorer.
    5) after the reboot again go to system/app from root explorer-> mount rw -> long press on vending.apk -> permissions -> tick everywhere.
    6) reboot.
    7) enjoy.
    8) (optional) come back here and press thanks! :p
    Hi! I love your works ! :D
    one ask. Why does camera is Black and white? Is it solved in the alpha 7?

Thank :)

gracias.

the camera preview is b/w, probably caused by a wrong pixel/color format. I don't know and I must do some debugging.

I can't guarantee that it will be solved in alpha7 ...

When will alpha 7?

Wysłano z GT-I5800 z użyciem Tapatalk PL (spolszczone przez gusto z samsunggalaxy.eu)

When ? between today and the end of the world.

I really don't know.
    Bug fixes for CM7

Post moved as a thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1789044.