[THEME][KIT KAT][n9005 & n900P/V] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [15-06-2014]

Search This thread

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
[THEME][KIT KAT][n9005 & n900P/V] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [15-06-2014]

Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to ( @Kdio) if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
- ClockPackage_OSup
- MultiWindowTrayService
- JobManager
- Keyguard
- MusicPlayerWT
- Popupcalculator
- SamsungIME
- SecCalculator_3d
- SecCalculator2
- SecContacts_OSup
- SecDownloadProviderUi
- SecEmail_J
- SecGallery2013
- SecLauncher4
- SecMms
- SecPhone
- SecSettings
- SPlanner_2013
- SystemUI
- framework-res
- twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
- ClockworkMod Recovery (preferably Chenglu's CWM (although I can see no reason why any other recovery wouldn't work.))

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install Core files Zip from below
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
- Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install latest iteration
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

See here

n9005 Changelog:

Code:
15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS

[B]27/04/2014[/B]

- S5 Settings
- S5 MMS
- S5 TouchWiz
- S5 SPlanner
- torch icon updated to match Sweet ROM

[B]19/04/2014[/B]

- torch icon added for Sweet ROM v14
- network restriction icon in quick settings edit pane fixed

[B]16/04/2014[/B]

- Note 3 n9005 Release
n900P/V Changelog

Code:
15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS 

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
- Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
- Mms apk name corrected
- Removed themed XML's from email apk
- Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]
- n900P Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- Sweet ROM v14 (me)
- Sweet ROM v15 (me)
- Omega v12 (me)
- Omega v13 (4aces)
- Omega v14 (4aces)
- Omega v15 (4aces)
- Omega v16 (4aces)
- Omega v17 (4aces)
- INFAMOUS RC 3.1 {except dialler} (Jamonguyen)
- X-NOTE build 13.0 (Khizar}
- Stock (Rooted) T-Mobile ROM {except dialler (WIP)} (954wrecker)
- Echoe ROM v.13 (demmo81)
- Echoe ROM v.14 (4aces)
- [ROM][N9005] XXUEND3 KK 4.4.2 Multi CSC DPI, Ultra Light 848 Mo.(gianton)
- HAL Slim Hybrid ROM (androidslinger)
- SM-N900 Official Russia Stock (4.4.2) (Al-Hasan Ali Al-Abadi)
- X-NOTE build 14.0 (954wrecker}
- X-NOTE build 15.0 (androidslinger)
- Stock Verizon N3 4.4 KK (jrbxx7)
- Assassin v4.0 (androidslinger)
- CivZ_FlexKat_Rev2.8 (ezaechiel)

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
- @not-i for my favourite Note3 ROM.
- @::indie:: for yet another awesome ROM.
- @Chenglu for his excellent recovery.
- @DON AMIGO for his original thread and work on this project.
- Plus anyone else that may have been involved in the above that I am not aware of.

Last edited:

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
Thank you

Hi ALL

First I have to pay a debt ....

@coldmethod's_spouse

Dear Madam

Here I come to beg for your pardon.

For the last week or so I've been disposing of yours husbands time but it was all for the good sake of this project. I indeed took advantage of his disease (terminal case of ORD) and had become his daily dealer. You probably had already noticed too the red eyes, low appetite and speaking furiously with himself. These are the symptoms of this disease.

I'm quite sure that this was a huge inconvenience for you all @ home but I have to advise you that it will get worst as now he will take care of this thread too.

You madam deserve all our gratitude for sparing some of his time with us.

In hope that you accept all my apologies.

Nice regards.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

@ALL

As @coldmethod's_spouse do not have her own "Thanks Button", I do request you all to click his button in her behalf.

Best regards.

Last edited:

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
@Kdio

Finally the wife has gotten back to me regarding your above letter (she is very "busy"), see below.

@coldmethod's_spouse said:
Dear Kdio,

I thank you for your apology, but it feels somewhat holo as I see he is sinking further into this "project".

We have known for sometime that coldmethod has suffered an "illness". Now that you have confirmed it as "ORD" we can seek a cure.

Maybe an Apple a day will keep the ORD away.

Yours Sincerely,

Mrs coldmethod.

Last edited:

Jamonguyen

Mar 30, 2011
I'm using Tmo note 3 900T everything worked but phone app was removed after flashing. Thank you again for the cool theme though wish I could help more.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: coldmethod and Kdio

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
I'm using Tmo note 3 900T everything worked but phone app was removed after flashing. Thank you again for the cool theme though wish I could help more.

Hi Jamonguyen

Very unusual behaviour ... see, specially regarding Phone, only PNG's and JPG's were modded. No .xml nor .smali changes. All as was just with another color. :D

These same modifications are running superbly on S3, S4 and, for some time, has been successfully tested with several N3 subspecies (Note3 start development thread. Thanks to @DON AMIGO who has started this project.)

Could you please provide us with some more details of yours previous set up before AllBacksBlack? Links for ROM, frameworks, mods, etc?

One of the main goals of this project is that it could be safely flashable in all devices variants. As per your report it was not accomplished yet and we will be very grateful with any additional information you could provide.

Thank you very much.

Nice regards.

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Edit: Ninja'd by the master @Kdio

I'm using Tmo note 3 900T everything worked but phone app was removed after flashing.

Hi Jamonguyen,

Your problem seems rather odd as nothing is removed during the install, all modifications are injected into existing .apk's. When you say the phone app was removed do you mean the icon from home screen/app drawer or removed from the device all together? Also, are you running stock rooted firmware or a custom ROM? If it is the latter could you please let us know which ROM you are using.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jamonguyen

Mar 30, 2011
Hi Jamonguyen,

Your problem seems rather odd as nothing is removed during the install, all modifications are injected into existing .apk's. When you say the phone app was removed do you mean the icon from home screen/app drawer or removed from the device all together? Also, are you running stock rooted firmware or a custom ROM? If it is the latter could you please let us know which ROM you are using.

Thanks.

I would be more than happy to. You guys are too kind for sure and sorry for not enough feedback. I'm on infamous 3.1 I have xposed running with xbattery and Wanam (just themed the toggles to make it white, w/white letters and icons.) The only mods I can think of was whiterhinos dark dialer theme and I made it 480 dpi with app settings cause I run 420 dpi on everything else. I'm gonna fresh install and check it out again. And the plus side it did theme the s5 sms apk I was running. :). Thank you for the fast response and the theme will report back

Reactions: coldmethod

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
I'm gonna fresh install and check it out again.

We would be very thankful for your experience. Despite I'm a Broncos fan ;)

I've noticed that master @Jamison904 still have some issues with Phone in his INFAMOUS. As we never had any tests made over this ROM, I could suggest a special attention to it.

Go Peyton!

:D

Last edited:

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
Feel free to pull my phone apk. I have native call record added, ascending ringtone removed as well as the end call screen from mine. I also have the commits for it on my github if you want to add to any theme or mods you have. :cool:

Hey Jamison904

Thanks dude ... really appreciate.

For now, with Phone, we are dealing only with image resources. That's what got me surprised with @Jamonguyen issue.

As he had "played" with others mods too, think we shall wait until his clean install to go further inside.

Nice regards.

(tks depleted already ... sorry)

Reactions: 4aces

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Feel free to pull my phone apk. I have native call record added, ascending ringtone removed as well as the end call screen from mine. I also have the commits for it on my github if you want to add to any theme or mods you have. :cool:

Here is my commit - https://github.com/The-Nemesis-Project/SecPhone

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Jamison904,

We will wait and see how Jamonguyen goes with his fresh install, I had a few issues in the beginning too. A fresh install fixed all.;)

Jamonguyen

Mar 30, 2011
Alright ladies and gentlemen everything is blacked out except the dialer fresh install haven't even updated xposed. It still looks sick though.

Attachments

• 1397704645063.jpg
    1397704645063.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 551
Reactions: Kdio and coldmethod

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
obviously must be specific to your ROM

Specific to that apk in that ROM. Yes.

Hi Jamonguyen

You too are right.

Will have to review Jamison904 work to make the proper adjustments and, as it's unique, will be release apart. Will let you know.

I apologize the inconvenience but as @coldmethod's screenshots shows, over stock Phone, ABB looks really cool :cool:

But now is time for the elder visit Morpheus (not from Matrix)

Nice regards dudes e thank you.

Jamonguyen

Mar 30, 2011
All good just appreciate the time and effort you guys are putting in much appreciated. Thank you again for the theme, can't wait! !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to ( @Kdio) if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
    Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
    - ClockPackage_OSup
    - MultiWindowTrayService
    - JobManager
    - Keyguard
    - MusicPlayerWT
    - Popupcalculator
    - SamsungIME
    - SecCalculator_3d
    - SecCalculator2
    - SecContacts_OSup
    - SecDownloadProviderUi
    - SecEmail_J
    - SecGallery2013
    - SecLauncher4
    - SecMms
    - SecPhone
    - SecSettings
    - SPlanner_2013
    - SystemUI
    - framework-res
    - twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
    - ClockworkMod Recovery (preferably Chenglu's CWM (although I can see no reason why any other recovery wouldn't work.))

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install Core files Zip from below
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
    - Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    - Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
    - Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install latest iteration
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

See here

n9005 Changelog:

Code:
    15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

[B]27/04/2014[/B]

- S5 Settings
    - S5 MMS
    - S5 TouchWiz
    - S5 SPlanner

[B]19/04/2014[/B]

- torch icon added for Sweet ROM v14
    - network restriction icon in quick settings edit pane fixed

[B]16/04/2014[/B]

- Note 3 n9005 Release
    n900P/V Changelog

Code:
    15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS 

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
    - Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
    - Mms apk name corrected
    - Removed themed XML's from email apk
    - Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]
    - n900P Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- Sweet ROM v14 (me)
    - Sweet ROM v15 (me)
    - Omega v12 (me)
    - Omega v13 (4aces)
    - Omega v14 (4aces)
    - Omega v15 (4aces)
    - Omega v16 (4aces)
    - Omega v17 (4aces)
    - INFAMOUS RC 3.1 {except dialler} (Jamonguyen)
    - X-NOTE build 13.0 (Khizar}
    - Stock (Rooted) T-Mobile ROM {except dialler (WIP)} (954wrecker)
    - Echoe ROM v.13 (demmo81)
    - Echoe ROM v.14 (4aces)
    - [ROM][N9005] XXUEND3 KK 4.4.2 Multi CSC DPI, Ultra Light 848 Mo.(gianton)
    - HAL Slim Hybrid ROM (androidslinger)
    - SM-N900 Official Russia Stock (4.4.2) (Al-Hasan Ali Al-Abadi)
    - X-NOTE build 14.0 (954wrecker}
    - X-NOTE build 15.0 (androidslinger)
    - Stock Verizon N3 4.4 KK (jrbxx7)
    - Assassin v4.0 (androidslinger)
    - CivZ_FlexKat_Rev2.8 (ezaechiel)

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
    - @not-i for my favourite Note3 ROM.
    - @::indie:: for yet another awesome ROM.
    - @Chenglu for his excellent recovery.
    - @DON AMIGO for his original thread and work on this project.
    - Plus anyone else that may have been involved in the above that I am not aware of.
    Thank you

Hi ALL

First I have to pay a debt ....

@coldmethod's_spouse

Dear Madam

Here I come to beg for your pardon.

For the last week or so I've been disposing of yours husbands time but it was all for the good sake of this project. I indeed took advantage of his disease (terminal case of ORD) and had become his daily dealer. You probably had already noticed too the red eyes, low appetite and speaking furiously with himself. These are the symptoms of this disease.

I'm quite sure that this was a huge inconvenience for you all @ home but I have to advise you that it will get worst as now he will take care of this thread too.

You madam deserve all our gratitude for sparing some of his time with us.

In hope that you accept all my apologies.

Nice regards.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

@ALL

As @coldmethod's_spouse do not have her own "Thanks Button", I do request you all to click his button in her behalf.

Best regards.

Update

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you know we have put an update out today, see below for description.

27/04/2014 Updates

- S5 Settings
    - S5 MMS
    - S5 TouchWiz
    - S5 SPlanner

t24CuCL.png

Download here or the OP

Let us know what you all think.​
    @Kdio

Finally the wife has gotten back to me regarding your above letter (she is very "busy"), see below.

@coldmethod's_spouse said:
    Dear Kdio,

I thank you for your apology, but it feels somewhat holo as I see he is sinking further into this "project".

We have known for sometime that coldmethod has suffered an "illness". Now that you have confirmed it as "ORD" we can seek a cure.

Maybe an Apple a day will keep the ORD away.

Yours Sincerely,

Mrs coldmethod.
    X-Note 16 Enhanced

Hi All,

See OP for X-Note 16 Enhanced files.

Thanks to @DiRT_360 for testing

Enjoy!