Need SMS App for sending long Messages as one message, not in parts

Search This thread

Sushi3110

Aug 11, 2010
Hello!

I've installed CM11 on my girlfriends S4 Mini. So far everything's fine, but she's really angry because of a SMS problem. On the original firmware it was possible to send long messages as one "message bulb". Directly from the SMS app as well as over airdroid. Now with CM11 messages are splitted in 160 parts. No change with "SMS Messageing AOSP", "hangouts" or Airdroid. The "SMS Messaging AOSP" app is capable of showing long messages as one message, but viewed in airdroid (wich she uses frequently for having better overview, making backups etc..) they are still splitted up. I saw other messages she wrote on original firmware and they are very long. I think she was able to write up to 3 or 4 sms in one message, wich then of course cost accordingly. But it was possible and normal. I know that at some point SMS got transformed in MMS, wich is more expensive, but she's willing to pay more for the better overview in the history. :)

Is there any chance to achieve that with CM11?

Thanks

wagnermora

Jun 6, 2014
What I did

Hi, I had that problem with my I9190, so I rooted the phone, also install the Xposed apk (you must to activate the framework before continue) and finally I use the allow long mms apk for Xposed, then I restarted the phone and now I can send up to 12 mms in one message.
I hope it can help you.

Last edited: