s5 grainy screen

Search This thread

E M

May 27, 2014
Hi everyone.

i dont know if anyone felt the same way like me.
i feel that my s5 is having kinda grainy screen... its like a thin layer of grainy.. so u can see it when u scroll up/down. it stays. its not really crystal clear.. the feel is like putting anti-oil screen protector.

yes, text and everything is crisp.. but a thin grainy layer is annoying.. checked another phone at samsung experience store showing the same
its actually mentioned by s5 review Erica Griffin

do guys feel the same way or it's just my over-obsessive eye? lol i hope i was wrong...

sorry for my bad english...

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
I had that on my Note 2 before. I had it exchanged and the new phone did not have the issue.

E M

May 27, 2014
Coming from an LCD screen, if I look close enough I can see it, but it really doesn't bother me lol

well i wish i got eyes like yours XD.. well mostly it's only showing with white background with many texts.. or plain colour.. in general photos its good. but i was annoyed why s5 got this type of LCD.. its not happened with Note 3 or s4.

I had that on my Note 2 before. I had it exchanged and the new phone did not have the issue.

im not sure if this is really phone issue or all s5 got this type of LCD.

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
well i wish i got eyes like yours XD.. well mostly it's only showing with white background with many texts.. or plain colour.. in general photos its good. but i was annoyed why s5 got this type of LCD.. its not happened with Note 3 or s4.

im not sure if this is really phone issue or all s5 got this type of LCD.

I am sure it is not because I already tested a few display samples from 3 different shops, Walmart and Tmobile shops. I tested them because I was considering buying one too. But not anymore, I am waiting for the LG G3.