[KERNEL][4.4][4.3] Stock flashable kernels

Search This thread

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I requested this thread be moved here from the General section for better exposure. Hopefully more people can take advantage of it in between kernel flashes. Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

priyam1309

Feb 23, 2013
I am already running the 4.3 JWR66V kernel on Nex4, but want to change to JSS15J instead. Will just flashing the mentioned Kernel help me get this done??? Do I have to do a Wipe after flashing?

hughfollett

Sep 17, 2011
I am already running the 4.3 JWR66V kernel on Nex4, but want to change to JSS15J instead. Will just flashing the mentioned Kernel help me get this done??? Do I have to do a Wipe after flashing?

Nope.. You have to flash the entire rom if you want jss.. Flashing jss kernel on jw will cause problems..

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

priyam1309

Feb 23, 2013
Can you help me out with a link to JSS15J based stock ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
@OP
Thanks a million for the stock kernels! We have so many custom kernels but rarely do we have completely stock ROM/kernel/radio/boot oader as flashable zips!
I appreciate your efforts a lot :)
I wanted to ask you a favour...
These seems to be no TOTALLY STOCK JSS ROM available atm.
Can you be so kind to compile for us a stock (flashable zip) of totally stock JSS with NO improvements at all? :) totally stock.
Each of JSS ROMs here seem to have this or that improvements or tweaks in them, which me (and most people I know) don't want. We just want a totally stock Google experience.

If you would kindly include such in the OP, it would be a gracious effort. Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
@OP
Thanks a million for the stock kernels! We have so many custom kernels but rarely do we have completely stock ROM/kernel/radio/boot oader as flashable zips!
I appreciate your efforts a lot :)
I wanted to ask you a favour...
These seems to be no TOTALLY STOCK JSS ROM available atm.
Can you be so kind to compile for us a stock (flashable zip) of totally stock JSS with NO improvements at all? :) totally stock.
Each of JSS ROMs here seem to have this or that improvements or tweaks in them, which me (and most people I know) don't want. We just want a totally stock Google experience.

If you would kindly include such in the OP, it would be a gracious effort. Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I am currently on vacation until Friday, and when I get back I'll give it a shot!

Sukhi

Aug 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I am currently on vacation until Friday, and when I get back I'll give it a shot!

I was about to ask something like that
thans man!!

+1 for that idea.
U could make a thread somewhat like: "Everything stock JSS from top to bottom" or "Everything stock JSS inside out'

sent from my NEXUS 4 tasting a revamped cooking recipe of Jellybeans (stock 4.3).

Here it is : https://plus.google.com/u/0/1082629...CmkHa#108262968419038009038/posts/VoqdRjCmkHa

Credits : show-p1984

pnut22r

Oct 27, 2010
This is the equivalent of a kernel reset, correct? It replaces the ramdisk as well, correct?

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
I'll take a look at the full update zip. The OTA doesn't have a boot.img included. I'm on my phone so I'll have to wait til I get home to check the full image.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts