[DISCONTINUED][MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+]WhatsAppX - More Features for WhatsApp

Search This thread

BreitbandModem

Dec 14, 2014
The development on this module has stopped:
Hi All,

I am finally putting this project to sleep! :crying:
Unfortunately I don't have the time to continue the maintenance on the module.

On the other hand, the latest version of WhatsApp provides many WhatsAppX features out of the box. (Quick Reply, Favorite Messages, ...)
If you're still missing the other functionalities, there is a wonderful new Xposed Mod available: WhatsApp Extensions by Surajkumar

It's been a great pleasure developing WhatsAppX for you!
I'm really thankful for all the feedback that I have received from you guys :highfive:

Until next time,
BreitbandModem

Facing its lack of features, WhatsAppX is my attempt in improving your Whatsapp experience.
This includes the following functions:

1. Per Contact Wallpaper
Personalize your chats by applying individual wallpapers to each of your contacts.

2. Lock Contacts
Lock selected chats with pattern-protection

3. Hide Message Preview
Hide the message preview displayed on the main screen of whatsapp (also for selected contacts)

4. Save Favorites
Add important messages to WhatsAppX so you dont have to scroll through your whole chat history

5. Set Reminder
Remind yourself to answer a contact

6. Highlight contacts
Highlight a contact in the chat overview

7. Call over cell instead of Whatsapp-call

8. QuickReply option from notifications

All those Features integrate seamlessly into WhatsApp and can be personalized up to a certain degree.
For some of the features you have to long press on a message for further options.

In case you get a notification that says "Failed to install or find sqlite3 on your device..." - try this:
Tip for others -
If you are on a Lollipop device, sqlite3 might not be working on your device. But you have a solution if you have Titanium Backup installed on your device. Do this -

Copy sqlite3 from /data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/files/ and paste it in /system/bin OR /system/xbin
Change the permission to 755.

Also check out Whatsapp mods
Download from the xposed repo: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.bidlingmeyer.xposed.whatsappx
This Project is open source: https://github.com/BreitbandModem/WhatsAppX

My ToDoList for this project:
- hide notification text
- pin option
- Hide icon from launcher
- Multi threaded conversations
- hide contacts

Last edited:

zamzameir

Sep 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedback :D

Where exactly do you get the fc?
your lock feature is great for me. cant get this on whatsap+ :)
I can confirm the lock feature and reminder are working on w+. but the other features cant seem to find/activate
idk. its just force closing out of no where,ex : while on homescreen & in other apps.

Edit : when lock is active and afer exiting whatsapp

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ixth

BreitbandModem

Dec 14, 2014
your lock feature is great for me. cant get this on whatsap+ :)
I can confirm the lock feature and reminder are working on w+. but the other features cant seem to find/activate
idk. its just force closing out of no where,ex : while on homescreen & in other apps.

edit:when lock is active

That's strange... :confused:
Do you have sqlite3 "installed" on your device?
you can check by looking into this folder: /system/xbin/
is there a "sqlite3" file?

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
@BreitbandModem

just a feedback:

your whatsapp module force closes on Xperia Z (C6603) running stock 4.4.4 (.292 firmware)

whatsapp is official (latest downloaded from whatsapp website (not from the play store)
version 2.11.473

a4apple

Feb 23, 2013
how the hide preview works? I mean the notification and in the conversation still can view what the message is.:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The development on this module has stopped:
    Hi All,

On the other hand, the latest version of WhatsApp provides many WhatsAppX features out of the box. (Quick Reply, Favorite Messages, ...)
    If you're still missing the other functionalities, there is a wonderful new Xposed Mod available: WhatsApp Extensions by Surajkumar

I'm really thankful for all the feedback that I have received from you guys :highfive:

Until next time,
    BreitbandModem

Facing its lack of features, WhatsAppX is my attempt in improving your Whatsapp experience.
    This includes the following functions:

1. Per Contact Wallpaper
    Personalize your chats by applying individual wallpapers to each of your contacts.

2. Lock Contacts
    Lock selected chats with pattern-protection

3. Hide Message Preview
    Hide the message preview displayed on the main screen of whatsapp (also for selected contacts)

4. Save Favorites
    Add important messages to WhatsAppX so you dont have to scroll through your whole chat history

5. Set Reminder
    Remind yourself to answer a contact

6. Highlight contacts
    Highlight a contact in the chat overview

7. Call over cell instead of Whatsapp-call

8. QuickReply option from notifications

All those Features integrate seamlessly into WhatsApp and can be personalized up to a certain degree.
    For some of the features you have to long press on a message for further options.

In case you get a notification that says "Failed to install or find sqlite3 on your device..." - try this:
    Tip for others -
    If you are on a Lollipop device, sqlite3 might not be working on your device. But you have a solution if you have Titanium Backup installed on your device. Do this -

Copy sqlite3 from /data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/files/ and paste it in /system/bin OR /system/xbin
    Change the permission to 755.

Also check out Whatsapp mods
    Download from the xposed repo: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.bidlingmeyer.xposed.whatsappx
    This Project is open source: https://github.com/BreitbandModem/WhatsAppX

My ToDoList for this project:
    - hide notification text
    - pin option
    - Hide icon from launcher
    - Multi threaded conversations
    - hide contacts
    Development Discontinued

Hi All,

Until next time,
    BreitbandModem
    Update on progress

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't kept you up to date on the progress of WhatsAppX.

For me, the mod stopped working when Whatsapp introduced material design.
    I have since tried to restore functionality, yet all my attempts so far failed :(

From what you guys posted, it now seems safe to say that the mod stopped working alltogether.

I want to thank you all for your support and feedback, I was really happy to see that I could (at least temporarily) contribute/give something back to the community from which I benefitted so often :highfive:

Concerning the future development of the mod, don't expect any update.

Thanks
    With "hide message preview" is possible to remove body text from the notification panel?

Very good work, thanks you guys

Currently not, still searching for a solution ;)

A little note. I'm using "hide preview and pattern lock" with a contact.
    When i try to enter with a wrong pattern-protection, and i going back, some time i can see last contact message (but not my last message to the contact)

I think this is a little bug? or just my problem?

I hope my explanation is comprensible. Thanks

Thanks for reporting :)

Awsome module man.....great work......i got a request.....Really sorry if this has been asked before......I don't have time right now to go through 11 pages......

Hey @BreitbandModem can you please add a hex code....option to colour picker for button colours......I don't want the buttons to be visible so I need to match them exactly with the actionbar colour.......but can't do that without hex support......thanks in anticipation.......

PS would be even better if you added alpha option in the colour picker....(this one came to my mind right now)....

Working on it ;)

Hi @BreitbandModem thanks for a great mod.

I was wondering one thing. If you set a custom wallpaper for a single contact, that wallpaper is stored as a picture inside the WhatsappX wallpaper folder. This results in this picture showing up in your gallery twice, once the original, once the "new" wallpaper file. Perheps renaming the storage folder into something with a dot "." at the beginning can prevent this.

Keep up the great work, love the wallpaper and pattern lock functions :)

Will fix that soon ;)

Updated everything and reinstalled module, now its working thanks! :)

===============

Now this is a request: if is not too much... it would be awesome if you can add certain contacts to a list, and then, those contacts conversation never shows up in whatsapp list, but inside whatsappx app (password locked) or something similar [For reference about what i mean, please check convoprotect for iOs ]
    or in case it is not possible, an option to hide "archived conversation" row

have an idea how to do that, but not sure if it works..

dev,
    can you add option to disable pattern trail?
    I'm insecured tho. haha.
    or maybe you can bring back password lock instead of pattern.
    or both?

one more quest,
    can we lock achieved conv? can u add it?
    tq for your attension :)

on the todo-list ;)

Hi there.. I am glad to be using such a handy app. Thanks to you.
    I was solely using this app to prevent sending a message accidentally to some other contact.
    And it works fine. But something caught my attention. The lock does not work when you forward a message. That means even if the contact is locked by user, text can be sent without requirement of password. Can you do something bout it.. plz..

thanks again

working on it ;)

Does it work on lollipop? I tried but I couldn't make it work I properly..

Works fine, but xposed is still quite buggy..

Thanks for this lovely mod, but I hope you continue to work on this and improve the same. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm pretty busy at the time, but I hope I can add some improvements soon ;)
    Plot Twist

In a final struggle, fighting the ever ongoing battle of life versus death, WhatsAppX has risen like a phoenix from the ashes, now more poreful than ever...

Joking aside, after concentrating on fixing WhatsappX the past three days, I was able to reestablish full functionality of the mod. And while I was deep down in the world of whatsapp, wandering aimlessly through the jungle of obfuscated code, I found some awesome new methods and layouts to hook into. Long story short - Changelog:
    • Full compatibility with latest WhatsApp version
    • Improved getting the wallpaper by including a library (android-crop)
    • faster and 100% reliable method to obtain the current chat -> conversation locking, wallpaper etc. now always working
    • new feature: Hide the notification text for a contact
    • new feature: change/add call icon to perform normal cell call (non-whatsapp call)
    • new feature: option to hide pattern trail in lock feature
    • new feature: option to force keyboard to show enter key (instead of send or emoji key)
    • new feature: highlight a contact in the chat list, using the implementation of Whatsapp Mods
    please note: after activating the module and rebooting, open and close whatsapp (sliding it out of recents)

Enjoy :eek:

(Version 2.0 can be downloaded from the xposed repo)