[Skins] HTC_IME High/Low Res v27 custom skin generator online! Updated Sep. 7th!

Search This thread

jsomething

Jun 11, 2010
Interesting some had no problems un-themed.... I would use root explorer (just a personal choice).... Anything that will give you access to /system/app just to check if theres an old version there.....

just for the heck of it, i made a nandroid backup of what i had. wiped 3 times and installed the clean froyo file i had started with. then did nothing but installed root explorer and used it to installed v27 for froyo, the unmodded one. and tried that. it still forced closed when opening the keyboard while in a text field.

i used it to look in /system/app folder but i found nothing about htc in there. oddly enough i didn't even see anything when the apk was installed either. weird. but oh well.

one or 2 force closed pre use is still worth it lol. the stock keyboard is soooo bad. i love the compact qwerty. thanks for the ideas.

martin0285

Jan 11, 2010
Maine
just for the heck of it, i made a nandroid backup of what i had. wiped 3 times and installed the clean froyo file i had started with. then did nothing but installed root explorer and used it to installed v27 for froyo, the unmodded one. and tried that. it still forced closed when opening the keyboard while in a text field.

Very odd.... Well, sadly you'll have to deal with those FC's till atleast Monday for gIMpSTa to look at.... Could def get a few logcat for him to help speed the process?? Thanks for the input!!

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
Back from an AMAZING vacation with 30+ miles of hiking including the 5200 foot summit of Mt Katahdin :)

I will be resting today and back to work tomorrow, I have a pile of requests and few features to add which I will be working on in the next couple of nights! Glad to see the number of users still climbing!

majikdragoon

Jan 16, 2010
Manchester, UK
What about an Android version of Dinik's Anastasia keyboard?

2wnrzo0.png

Dwoid

Jun 22, 2010
Hello guys, I'm new here at the board!

This site was a great find for me looking for the "legendary" HTC mod keyboard :). Props to jonasl for sharing this with us and gimpsta for coming up with great skins.

BTW, I hope the keyboard skin site will get better over time. Also hope that the transparent backgrounds would also be good on other applications in the future, not just the home screens :).

Cheers!

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
any plans on theming more semi transparent colors?

Yes, just been busy, but hopefully some big things coming in next couple of days :)

What about an Android version of Dinik's Anastasia keyboard?

You mean a skin/theme like that or the whole keyboard? Porting the whole keyboard would likely not be possible. I can try to replicate the skin tho if that's what you meant?

where can i find a link to the pre-themed keyboards?

First post has links to the kitchen where you can create your own, or any of the "presets" from the second post in this thread. This is currently the only way to access my themed keyboards. It's worth it, trust me :)

Thank you so much, you are the man :D

And thank you :)

Hello guys, I'm new here at the board!

This site was a great find for me looking for the "legendary" HTC mod keyboard :). Props to jonasl for sharing this with us and gimpsta for coming up with great skins.

BTW, I hope the keyboard skin site will get better over time. Also hope that the transparent backgrounds would also be good on other applications in the future, not just the home screens :).

Welcome and thanks!

The site is a work in progress. I'm currently beta testing some fairly big changes to the site that I hope to roll out in next few days, but it will always be a work in progress and will be improved as I have time/ideas/suggestions!

As far as the transparency thing, not much I can do on that. Some apps will show it transparent (handcent sms comes to mind, for example). It's not just the homescreen, but rather a handful of apps that for whatever reason draw their own background (or container) behind the keyboard. Some apps make it white, some black, it's really annoying but I think would take modifying each individual app to remove that behavior.

Last edited:

spigget

Sep 28, 2008
t9 in url bar?

so, is there any way to ENABLE t9 in the url bar so you can search easier and enter some url's easier?
that would be AMAZING

spigget

Sep 28, 2008
Redraw issue

Awesome! made a post about it on Cronos forum:
link

Please do tell if there's anything missing or you want something changed!

Indeed, will do.
I did notice a possible redraw issue. I don't know if it has something to do with transparency or what, but the .png's are here

it looks like when text is suggested and then chosen, it doesn't properly redraw and move content down.

HTC INCREDIBLE, stock ROM with Root. I did have to go into recovery to unlock the NAND and remove the stock HTC_IME.apk for it to properly activate. It wouldn't use it even if it was chosen as the default input option.

It would also be nice to have custom keyboard layouts like Dvorak.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 37

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
oops the keyboard I made for 2.2 on my Tmobile Nexus isn't working on my ATT 2.2 Nexus.

I sure hope this gets updated as I love this keyboard.

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
oops the keyboard I made for 2.2 on my Tmobile Nexus isn't working on my ATT 2.2 Nexus.

I sure hope this gets updated as I love this keyboard.

Hmmm that doesn't make any sense at all.... tmo/att doesn't change anything. Perhaps it's a newer froyo rom and causing issues or something, but if you made a froyo one for the tmo one it should work just the same on the att one.

In what way is it not working?

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
Hmmm that doesn't make any sense at all.... tmo/att doesn't change anything. Perhaps it's a newer froyo rom and causing issues or something, but if you made a froyo one for the tmo one it should work just the same on the att one.

In what way is it not working?
Hi! First, thanks for all of your hard work!

When I originally updated my tmobile N1 to 2.2 weeks ago, the keyboard didn't work with 2.2 but you updated the kitchen and I made a new one and it worked great. I just tried moving that keyboard from my tmobile Nexus to my ATT Nexus(just updated to 2.2) but it keeps force closing on the ATT Nexus. So I decided to just go to the kitchen and make a new one but when I installed it it keeps force closing as well. I figured maybe this latest version of 2.2 is somehow not playing nice with your latest keyboards.

edit: just to be clear: I can use your keyboards just fine on FRF72 but cannot seem to get them to work on FRF85B.

Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
Man I'm sorry.

After updating my ATT N1 to 2.2 I'd been having issues with some of my apps. I ended up doing a factory reset and that fixed my issues so I thought I'd try and make a keyboard again, and sure enough, it works great now. Sorry I posted bad info.:eek:

I guess that's what I get for having over a hundred apps installed when I did the update.

kyle25

Apr 19, 2010
Auckland
Good work there :D
The kitchen is very easy to use but I'm having a problem with it, after I install the skin, it will reset back to default after I reboot the device, any solutions for that?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason I've been slower at posting requests lately is about to come clear!

I have created an "online kitchen" of sorts for creating custom skinned, signed, HTC_IME high and low res apk files. This means you guys can very easily create your own skins and customize the ones I've created!

What is this?

A website you can visit on your computer or directly from your phone that will let you a> create a custom skinned keyboard based off of any of the images currently in the library (various colored keys, backgrounds, etc) with whatever text color you want and b> customize existing "skins" (will be known as "presets") however your heats desire.

Currently, it should be considered very beta. All the features that are here should be working 100%.

Why beta, that sounds scary?

It's beta for a couple of reasons, 1 because it's currently UGLY as sin (concentrated on features and back end first) and 2 because I'm actively working on it which means it could break at any time.

What is the point of this?

Besides the fact that you can now customize the hell out of the way your keyboard looks, it drastically reduces the amount of work I have to do in the future. Currently, i'm uploading 46 pre-themed apk files for every single update. While this isn't really a big deal since I automated the process, it slows down how quickly I can put up updates. With this new method, all I have to do is upload the original unthemed keyboard apk and classes.dex for each new version and my work is done!

Everything else:

If you select a preset, you will still be asked to choose each portion of the keyboard (background, buttons, text color etc). The image with the yellow border around it (you'll see what I mean) is the default "piece" for the preset.

One last thing, depending on server load it could take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to generate the keyboard. Most of the time I suspect it will be < 1 minute tho.

I don't mind if you use this to generate a keyboard and include it with something (theme/morph) or post it somewhere, just give due credit :)

URL for HIGH RES online kitchen: now offline, sorry

URL for LOW RES online kitchen: now offline, sorry

Current feature list / changelog:
    • Start from a "preset" (any of my current themes) and change any component of it.
    • Choose any of my current backgrounds
    • Choose any of my current primary/function key styles
    • Choose any of my current "symbol sets"
    • Choose any of my current space bar logo/images
    • Upload your own spacebar logo
    • Choose any color text for letters and alternate characters
    • Built in bug reporting/feature requests (for new image sets, for example)
    • Choose any color for background image
    • Preview keyboard before generating it
    • Option to see/reuse all skins you have generated
    • Option to see/reuse last 25 skins anyone has generated
    • Choose any color for symbol sets
    • Added lowres kitchen
    • Added option to choose between 1.5 only and 1.6+ low res versions in low res kitchen.
    • Added v25 froyo version.
    • Added all v26 versions to kitchen!
    • Added all v27 versions to kitchen!
    • Added v27-froyo lowres version to kitchen!
    • New option: Create your own primary/function keys is FINALLY here!
    Pre-themed/Pre-built skinned keyboards.

Custom skins for Jonasl's HTC_IME high res.

These are signed with the exact same certificate that jonasl uses so if you can install his, you can install these and go back and forth with no problem.

These are no longer flashable update.zip files, all you need to do is download the zip file, extract the HTC_IME_hi.apk to your sd card and install with a file manager (linda, or something that supports reinstalling for future installs).

Special note, if you have not already installed v22 or higher, I highly suggest you read Jonasl's thread here for important information regarding this keyboard. You will need to re-enable and completely reconfigure this keyboard after installing (only if you haven't already done v22+).

One last note, there is a new hi res Clicker.apk available too. I have not included it in these downloads, you will need to get that from the official HTC_IME Mod download if you haven't already! Update: or get it here -> Clicker_hi.zip

v24 links removed because v25 is now available in the kitchen, screenshots represent some of the many themes you can create there!
    Sir. gIMpSTa

First off I would like to say that your site is amazing. I have made several custom keyboards for some popular roms on XDA Vibrant Development Section using your site (All props went to you in all of my posts) and had no problems until now.

When I go through the steps to Create custom primary/function keys as i have done before, I get as far as this step,,,,,

>The next step will automatically take place on another server and load in an iframe below this text. You must wait until you see the "All Done!" message before continuing.<

The "All Done" Text never appears. I takes several minutes and page stops loading like before but never shows up. when clicking on the button to go to the next step, just loads an error page.

If I go through the steps to make a keyboard using pre-existing keys, No problems.

Looks to me like the server that is linked to that "Create custom primary/function keys" is not working.

I used 3 different internet connections with 3 different devices, Makes no difference.

has anyone else been having the same problems???

Please look into this and let me know, Thanks

Thanks for the kind words!

And thanks for pointing that out to me. My VPS had locked up, it is being restarted right now!

Edit: This is fixed! Thanks again.

This is great, got it to work on my Moto Atrix using the v27-optus 2x as the base (whatever that means) BUT it sits over tot he left of the screen with a gap on the right, it is possible to have it modded for the Atrix either slightly bigger buttons OR sit it nicely in the middle?

It looks and feels lovely just that minor thing to make it perfect :)

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot that can be done (at least by me, at this time) for resolution issues. I can take a look later but no promises that I will be able to do anything.
    Testers needed!

The reason I've been slower at posting requests lately is about to come clear!

I have created an "online kitchen" of sorts for creating custom skinned, signed, HTC_IME high and low res apk files. This means you guys can very easily create your own skins and customize the ones I've created!

What is this?

A website you can visit on your computer or directly from your phone that will let you a> create a custom skinned keyboard based off of any of the images currently in the library (various colored keys, backgrounds, etc) with whatever text color you want and b> customize existing "skins" (will be known as "presets") however your heats desire.

Currently, it should be considered very beta. All the features that are here should be working 100%.

Why beta, that sounds scary?

It's beta for a couple of reasons, 1 because it's currently UGLY as sin (concentrated on features and back end first) and 2 because I'm actively working on it which means it could break at any time.

What is the point of this?

Besides the fact that you can now customize the hell out of the way your keyboard looks, it drastically reduces the amount of work I have to do in the future. Currently, i'm uploading 46 pre-themed apk files for every single update. While this isn't really a big deal since I automated the process, it slows down how quickly I can put up updates. With this new method, all I have to do is upload the original unthemed keyboard apk and classes.dex for each new version and my work is done!

Everything else:

If you select a preset, you will still be asked to choose each portion of the keyboard (background, buttons, text color etc). The image with the yellow background around it (you'll see what I mean) is the default "piece" for the preset.

One last thing, depending on server load it could take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to generate the keyboard. Most of the time I suspect it will be < 1 minute tho.

I don't mind if you use this to generate a keyboard and include it with something (theme/morph) or post it somewhere, just give due credit :)

URL for HIGH RES online kitchen: http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/

URL for LOW RES online kitchen: http://www.gimpsta.com/themerlo/

statsimg.php

Current feature list:
    • Start from a "preset" (any of my current themes) and change any component of it.
    • Choose any of my current backgrounds
    • Choose any of my current primary/function key styles
    • Choose any of my current "symbol sets"
    • Choose any of my current space bar logo/images
    • Upload your own spacebar logo
    • Choose any color text for letters and alternate characters
    • Built in bug reporting/feature requests (for new image sets, for example)
    • Choose any color for background image
    • Preview keyboard before generating it
    • Option to see/reuse all skins you have generated
    • Option to see/reuse last 25 skins anyone has generated
    • Choose any color for symbol sets
    Could make 100s of these. :good:

That's nice

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2