[ROM][ Teclast P76Ti ] Unofficial Android 4.0.3 Firmware with Market and Google Apps

Search This thread

sztupy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
: Dear Sztupy,
I flash your ROM on my Teclast P76ti. When it boots it stops at the screen which gives you a choice of wizard or not. At this stage the touch screen does not function and I could not progress with any of the hard buttons.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

skolber

There are two versions of this ROM. Try the other one.

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
Hi.

I need a rom with a working camera for skype calls. Is it possible with your rom?

I also noticed that a new LY-F1 firmware was released (10.3.2012). Will you update your rom based on the new version?

Thanks

Camera is working with my ROM. As for skype I don't know.

Thanks for pointing me out, will try and see what's different.

xchdave

Apr 18, 2012
this rom is great, however it doesn't seem to support usb host mode properly.

I am trying to use an xbox 360 controller with an app called usb/bt joystick center

after attempting to use this app the developer has helped me find the issue and has told me to ask the dev of this rom to please add

API support (UsbManager.getDeviceList())

Is this possible? this rom would be perfect if it could support that

thanks.

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu

I am trying to use an xbox 360 controller with an app called usb/bt joystick center

after attempting to use this app the developer has helped me find the issue and has told me to ask the dev of this rom to please add

thanks.

Yes, you simply need to create an /system/etc/permission/android.hardware.usb.host.xml file with the following as it's content:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Copyright (C) 2011 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
     you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
     You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
     distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
     WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
     See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
     limitations under the License.
-->

<!-- This is the standard feature indicating that the device can communicate
    with USB devices as the USB host. -->
<permissions>
    <feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />
</permissions>

or link: http://code.google.com/p/ics-nexus-...ermissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml?r=18

This file is usually missing from a lot of ICS FWs for Allwinner tablets btw.

xchdave

Apr 18, 2012
thanks for your reply, how do I open your image to add that to it?

Edit: worked it out using a root file browser app. thanks alot

Last edited:

athankar75

Sep 2, 2011
Athens
Titanium?

This rom is fantastic! The only thing is accelerometer does not work in most games...

Last edited:

jonbtrini

Oct 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm sorry but I have been trying to find this EVERYWHERE but I can't find out, how in the world do I go about flashing this ROM? I was able to find out how to install CWM so I have that, but what do I do to get this ROM going? I'd really like to try it out.

sztupy

Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
I'm sorry but I have been trying to find this EVERYWHERE but I can't find out, how in the world do I go about flashing this ROM? I was able to find out how to install CWM so I have that, but what do I do to get this ROM going? I'd really like to try it out.

You flash all official A10 ROMs using LiveSuite. That program, and the drivers are included in almost all official A10 roms, be it Ainol, Teclast, Eken, or any other vendor. In fact afaik both of the downloads contain both LiveSuite and the 32/64 bit usb drivers for windows too.

Reactions: jonbtrini

jonbtrini

Oct 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
You flash all official A10 ROMs using LiveSuite. That program, and the drivers are included in almost all official A10 roms, be it Ainol, Teclast, Eken, or any other vendor. In fact afaik both of the downloads contain both LiveSuite and the 32/64 bit usb drivers for windows too.

Every time i try to launch LiveSuite, it gives me an error message that "Install drive fail! Program will exit."

Not sure what to do now?

EDIT: OK i got the USB driver installed i think. Did it manually from Device Manager. Got the IMG selected in LiveSuit and everything but now, whenever i plug the Teclast into the USB cord, i get a yellow exclamation icon on LiveSuit...i try to follow the rest of the instructions, holding volume down and pressing power 5 - 10 times, but nothing's happening?

Last edited:

jonbtrini

Oct 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
@sztupy - bro, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong when trying to flash the new ROM. Got it installed last night, and I must say, YOU SIR ARE AMAZING! Your rom is EONS better than the one that came on the teclast, runs smooth, and makes the whole tablet just function better! My daughter was so frustrated with it out the box when we got it, and now, she's enjoying it TONS better.

yayshiny

Dec 15, 2010
what did you do to get it to work i had same issue

Every time i try to launch LiveSuite, it gives me an error message that "Install drive fail! Program will exit."

Not sure what to do now?

EDIT: OK i got the USB driver installed i think. Did it manually from Device Manager. Got the IMG selected in LiveSuit and everything but now, whenever i plug the Teclast into the USB cord, i get a yellow exclamation icon on LiveSuit...i try to follow the rest of the instructions, holding volume down and pressing power 5 - 10 times, but nothing's happening?

I had same problem what did you do to fix issue?

neobie

Feb 22, 2012
Thank you! trying now :fingers-crossed:
love the google market so much can't live without.

VashTS

Dec 4, 2011
porting 4.0.4

any chance of that happening? I and I'm sure others would appreciate it!

mrchartz

Jul 10, 2012
Can Anybody Help me? My Rom Format and Update Process doesnt start. Has anyone a step by Step Guide?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Made a custom built firmware for Teclast P76TI. It is based on the latest LY-F1 and teclast ICS firmwares, and also has market built in (and working). The top buttons are also remapped to volume up and volume down instead of being menu and back (which are present at the bottom of the screen anyway)

The downloads also contain the LiveSuite from Ainol, as that also works on Windows 7 x64

There are two builds, one for tablets with a Goodix touch screen controller (revisions 1-3). Chose this if the other teclast ICS firmwares WORK on your device, as they are only support this touch screen controller:

http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/Teclast_P76TI_r1-3_4.0.3_GAPPS_r2.7z

The other is for tablets which have an F5TX touch screen controller (rev4, built after 15 dec 2011). Choose this if you have recently bought the tablet and you find that other teclast ICS firmwares do NOT work on your tablet (as they lack support for this touch screen driver):

http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/Teclast_P76TI_r4_4.0.3_GAPPS_r2.7z

Main changes are:
    1. Only the base AOSP apps, the File Manager and Video Player is included
    2. But you have both Market and most Google Apps (Google Plus and Car Home is missing)
    3. Menu and Back top buttons are remapped to Volume Up/Volume Down
    4. It also works on newer Teclast tablets, with f5tx touchscreen controllers
    5. Added a simple app called AllwinnerMod, to easily change the build.prop on the fly

The AllwinnerMod app can be used to change the tablet's build.prop to "SGS2" for games that think your tablet is not compatible with them (and change back if you want to). You can also remap the physical buttons with it, so for example you can change how the back and home buttons work with it. You can also switch with it to "phone" mode, by changing the dpi settings if you don't like the tablet mode of ICS. All this on-the-fly without using adb.

Changelog:
    r1: initial build
    r2: fixed su and build.prop. Added AllwinnerMod application

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

thanks.

Yes, you simply need to create an /system/etc/permission/android.hardware.usb.host.xml file with the following as it's content:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- Copyright (C) 2011 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
         you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
         You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
         distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
         WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
         See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
         limitations under the License.
    -->

<!-- This is the standard feature indicating that the device can communicate
        with USB devices as the USB host. -->
    <permissions>
        <feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />
    </permissions>

or link: http://code.google.com/p/ics-nexus-...ermissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml?r=18

This file is usually missing from a lot of ICS FWs for Allwinner tablets btw.
    Hello Guys,

Sorry to post there an unrelated (or indirectly) post about a Teclast P85 tablet (seems I still don't have enought posts to create my own topic).

So I just received it yesterday:
    For the price, the hardware quality is unbeatable,very nice alu shell. but software is awfully buggy! (and the screen sharpness is so-so but for the price can't really expect better... ;) )
    This one came with Android GB 2.3.4, but when I tried to connect to my Wifi network, it killed definilitely the Wifi menu : it rebooted the tablet and the menu was no longer available. Useless. So, I downloaded from the Teclast website the last firmware in ICS 4.0.3: it works much better, except the recurrent message about "android.process.acore".
    I had hard time to download the ROM, (speed limit up to 4ko/s!) so I wanted to make this post to propose a faster link to download this ROM if some people are interested. I will also answer your questions about this device with pleasure =)

Android.process.acore can be corrected . As ics builds are already rooted , you just have to copy any ICS contacts.apk in the system/app folder and set the permissions like the other files in the folder and restart.

Sent from my A10t(5DM3)
    Revision 2:

1. Fixed su
    2. Fixed build.prop
    3. Added AllwinnerMod application