Developers of All MTK (Media Tek) Device for Porting ROM to Their Respective Device

Search This thread
S

SuperDroid-BOND

All of my Dev Brothers,

Who All are maintaining any ROM or cooking ROMs for any MTK Chipset Based Devices. We all know that Cyanogen MOD ROM is still very far for almost all of the Media-Tek devices.
So what I have done is, I have ported few of the well known functions of Cyanogen Mod to my MT6577 device.

And particularly me and one of my dev brother @khan_frd2002, has thought to bring this to all MTK based devices.
We need co-operation of other Dev of all MTK Device.

Few Feature of the ROM I am talking about:-

SLT-TSUNAMI Advanced ROM
  1. Status Bar Mod.
  2. Clock Color and Alignment Option
  3. Notification Background Function.
  4. Lock Screen Background Function.
  5. Status Bar Network Traffic Function.
  6. LCD Density Changer Option.
  7. Auto Start
  8. Quite Hours
  9. Clear All Recent Button in Recents Menu.
  10. Performance Settings (For Custom Kernel)
  11. List View Animation.
  12. About Phone Owner's Photo & Name.
  13. More will come in near Future.
So Brothers,
Please help us to port this ROM to all of the MTK Devices here on XDA and Please Do not change the name of the ROM.
For this already Dev @khan_frd2002 will port the ROM to Micromax A116 Canvas HD and I think Dev @suhas Holla, is having Micromax Canvas 4 A210.

ROMs Thread is Here -: SLT-TSUNAMI Ex-Advanced Edition

ROMs Details :- Android Version 4.2
ROM Based:- Canvas Turbo - Micromax A250

Will seek support from my senior devs also for increasing the functions and porting functions from CM , AOKP , Slim ROMs , etc.

Thanks & Regards
BOND

S

SuperDroid-BOND

Reserved For the Dev Names & Their Respective Device

SLT-TSUNAMI Ex-Advanced for CHD :- Here

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hi Bond ;)

Not sure what you want to accomplish with this post but...

Most of those "mods" are available via xposed framework + modules.

The owner mod is well known also, and it was on the xda news some time ago, its pretty easy to do it.

Why not, pull request those mods on the gravitbox git ? (Example)

Just my 2 cents...

Regards ;)

Reactions: khan_frd2002
S

SuperDroid-BOND

Hi Bond ;)
The owner mod is well known also, and it was on the xda news some time ago, its pretty easy to do it.
Just my 2 cents...
Regards ;)

Yes very true. But that's again a different application but we need this feature to be through settings and very few devs are interested in MTK. We A110 users were lucky that we got good developers like you. And so they are not able to get this kind of setting.
Even we know that dual sim with Cyanogen is not looking possible in recent future buy through mods it is possible to get CM features through our stock ROM with dual sim functions.
Even Brother,
There are very few developers who knows how to build from sources. Now you can understand about this that there are many devices but only 4-5 dev who are building from sources.

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Yes very true. But that's again a different application but we need this feature to be through settings and very few devs are interested in MTK. We A110 users were lucky that we got good developers like you. And so they are not able to get this kind of setting.
Even we know that dual sim with Cyanogen is not looking possible in recent future buy through mods it is possible to get CM features through our stock ROM with dual sim functions.

I get you
CM is still far to be fully useful on MTK devices, and the licensing issues doesn't help also.

The MTK Gemini (dual Sim mtk feature) is a good example, its proprietary.
I agree that the best route right now in terms of customization is to add either some xposed modules, or work our ass## to add more features to an base ROM.
Those features you mention will probably only work on mt6577/89 I know for a fact that on the new mt6582 and probably on the new octa mt6592, some of the mods will brake, since the MTK code has changed an bit.

Let's see what we can do.

Regards

Reactions: khan_frd2002
S

SuperDroid-BOND

I get you
CM is still far to be fully useful on MTK devices, and the licensing issues doesn't help also.
I agree that the best route right now in terms of customization is to add either some xposed modules, or work our ass## to add more features to an base ROM.
Those features you mention will probably only work on mt6577/89 I know for a fact that on the new mt6582 and probably on the new octa mt6592, some of the mods will brake, since the MTK code has changed an bit.

Regards

Once Again brother you stole my heart and words.
Yes That's true. But don't know its only me or you also feel that you can port this ROM to MT6582 & 6592 also.
Xposed modules make the ROM laggy so I never included it in any of my ROM and tried to bring these feature to all MTK devices to enjoy all CM features.
Frankly speaking I need your support as well for improving these features. So please help in this endeavors.

khan_frd2002

Nov 9, 2011
Aurangabad
Hi Bond ;)

Just my 2 cents...

Regards ;)

yeah bro you are right
we can get that feature using xposed but xposed make the phone little laggy and time spacing for me ( i m a lazy boy :p)
so this would be best :D and we need your help too bro

S

SuperDroid-BOND

Brothers,
New Port Added to 2nd Post. Its for Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 by Dev @nrupesh2912,

Thanks & Regards
BOND

Diego910

Dec 27, 2012
Seems good. I will port it to bq aquaris 5 hd. I can give some tricks to get a more kit kat taste I used in my rom. If you want of course

S

SuperDroid-BOND

Thread Updated

Brothers
Thread is updated again and now Canvas HD A116 is added in 2nd Post.
Special Thanks to Dev Brother - @khan_frd2002,

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
Well i tired alot to port the mention features to my device based on MT6575 soc running on 2.3.6 gb platform but unfortunately it gives fc :mad:

Sent from my A2 using XDA Free mobile app

jayXzMx

Feb 5, 2013
Hi Guys,

Need u guys help on proximity sensor, as i port roms everything work fine except proximity sensor not working perfectly which is the range for the sensor is less than 1cm,

The question is, how can i solve this issue as i tried using engineer mode and apps to calibrate but the result is failed. How and what did i need to patch to make it work properly.

Ive tried by patched phone.apk but when boot phone error prompt phone has stop and sim manager not working.. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Bond ;)

Just my 2 cents...

Regards ;)

I get you

Regards