[Recovery][p6800/p6810/i815] (5Apr2016 TWRP 3.0.2-0) Custom Recoveries

Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Hi @daniel_hk, I would like to install TRWP on my galaxy p6800.
Do I need to do anything to prepare the device before flashing twrp? Like unlocking boot-loader and things like that? I am a newcomer, therefore I got limited knowledge as you can probably tell already. :)

Also I have a few doubts in regards to the flashing process. Do I just have to download the zip file and flash it from stock recovery to get twrp on my tablet?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time. :)

PS I read somewhere you developed a 6.0.1 ROM for our device but can't seem to find the post anywhere on the forum. If you could provide a link to it that would be great. Thanks a lot once again. :)
As you can see, this is the development forum. There are many guides for flashing. May be in the Q and A forum.
Anyway,
1. You don't need to unlock
2. Stock recovery can't flash the zip.
3. In post#1
Tar format: flash with Odin or Mobile Odin
zip format: flash in CWM or earlier TWRP
** Recommend using Moblle Odin to flash **
Search for Mobile Odin for detail.

If you have ever browse the forum, I see no reason why you can't find the thread.
It is just a few threads below.
I don't think its suitable for you yet. You might brick your device. If you are interested, search and read some basic guides first.

Good luck!

Last edited:

davidex46x

May 27, 2016
Sydney Australia
As you can see, this is the development forum. There are many guides for flashing. May be in the Q and A forum.
Anyway,
1. You don't need to unlock
2. Stock recovery can't flash the zip.
3. In post#1

Search for Mobile Odin for detail.

If you have ever browse the forum, I see no reason why you can't find the thread.
It is just a few threads below.
I don't think its suitable for you yet. You might brick your device. If you are interested, search and read some basic guides first.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. My apology for not browsing the forum properly, from now on I'll try and have a better look myself before posting.

Cheers.

greinedo

Dec 30, 2011
I am also sad about the closing of P6800 thread.
I planned to post my experience with latest DU10.4 when I discovered the fact.
Indeed, I spend the whole summer period with DU10.4 with great pleasure and certainly far more smooth than any stock rom.
My P6800 was used as a navigator (SYGIC) during 3000km without any issue + browsing/streaming, video watching, etc... When used with care, the is no reboot/freeze at all.
Installation was a bit hard though. Installed with latest open gapps pico. Need to reboot several time to have art cache for all apps and need to install SOD Killer app to suppress sleep of death problem.
Now it seems to be the latest rom for my precious P6800.
Thank you very much to Daniel and all contributors for all the years spent together !
Dominique

Reactions: daniel_hk

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
!

so sad for Tab 7.7 and plus!
Hope @daniel_hk return

Indeed, I spend the whole summer period with DU10.4 with great pleasure and certainly far more smooth than any stock rom.
My P6800 was used as a navigator (SYGIC) during 3000km without any issue + browsing/streaming, video watching, etc... When used with care, the is no reboot/freeze at all.
Installation was a bit hard though. Installed with latest open gapps pico. Need to reboot several time to have art cache for all apps and need to install SOD Killer app to suppress sleep of death problem.
Thank you very much to Daniel and all contributors for all the years spent together !
Dominique

Harrison, Dominique and the others,

First of all, I have no plan to stop. MM's development is almost done so I close the thread. ;)
I have clearly mentioned in the Tab Plus threads that I can't support it no more. I seldom quit anything so I continued to build their ROM until MM close. I don't mind they post here but I just unable to support them. :(

Frankly, it is not my responsibility to teach people how to make me understand their questions and yet I have repeatedly mentioned that. I cherish and admire those sharing which help me a lot. I want to share to those find it useful too. If anyone want to punish me for that. It's okay. I would keep silence but enough is enough. I rather spend my time doing what I'm better.MM is going to end soon so I close the thread to avoid further unreasonable arguments.

People come and go. It is sadly a normal practice that only few would really read before act. I get it. In an object and efficiency orientated world, most of us want quick results, me too! However, when things went south, is it about time we read? No one want to be ignored. We post here for others to read. BUT, if you don't want to spend time to read my post (not just a few keywords), why would I read yours. Sometimes, people won't really read my answers to their posts too. I review my posts from time to time. I have been trying to improve my presentation. I try to explain as detail as possible even if someone might not give a shxx. By the end of the day, I'm really only one and there are too many of "them"... :p

Again, I don't have a Tab Plus. I'm not qualify to support it. If you think sending me a device is a gift, I can clearly state here that it's not. It's just a burden. Some local manufacturers would send me testing devices from time to time so I don't need extra devices to play with. ;)

Anyway, I'm still playing with my beloved 7.7 from time to time. It helps me learning a lot during the pass few years. If I can make a better presentable ROM for 7.7, I would share it. I just don't want things use to be fun went the other way. :)

sas_sas

Sep 13, 2007
İzmir
As a person following and observing you and your roms for 7.7 Since your first day here, before we loose to contact with you I want to thank you deeply and sincerelly for the efforts you made by now...
Thanks to you I kept and used effectively my beloved P6800 till 4-5 months ago. Even I have had my new T700 I have followed your Roms with the same welcoming..
I want to tell that my favorite rom among all the MM roms is Omni 0621 due to battery life and saticifactory performance. After I test the 0813 Omni and others I return to this 0621 Omni. It consumes nothing during standby in airplane mode.
It was very exciting and lovely feeling to follow your ongoing efforts since the beginning.
I wish we all could test Nougat with you here.
God bless and makes happy you in your all life...

Last edited:

Harrison Le

Oct 30, 2015
rom-resurrection-remix-android-m-6-0-vega-iron-a870.t49

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
my i815 doesnt moiunt /data partition in TWRP 3.0.2.0. mount: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
It's been so long but i believe I had data corruption brickbug on this device once. Anyone know if that's my problem? or is it simply filesystem format? ExtSD is read properly but not data partition. also my time zone setting does not persist

Giogts

Sep 26, 2011
i flash on p6200 latest daniel's cm13 of 29/7/2016, it is a bit laggy, but major bug are screen mirroring not working and swipe on aosp keyboard not working...
Can i resolve those?

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
i flash on p6200 latest daniel's cm13 of 29/7/2016, it is a bit laggy, but major bug are screen mirroring not working and swipe on aosp keyboard not working...
Can i resolve those?

Omnirom on the p6810 was the fastest of the Marshmallow builds. You might want to give it a try, along with screen casting. Casting did work, but because it was software encoding on the p6810, it was a bit slow and would sometimes crash out.

If a Nougat Rom ever gets made, it should be a bit smoother on our old devices. At this point i think development has stopped on our old devices. I have contemplated trying to make a Nougat build, but i have a Nvidia Shield tablet now, and Nvidia do a good job of maintaining the device as compared with Samsung, so i mainly use my old Samsung as a book reader these days

Giogts

Sep 26, 2011
Omnirom on the p6810 was the fastest of the Marshmallow builds. You might want to give it a try, along with screen casting. Casting did work, but because it was software encoding on the p6810, it was a bit slow and would sometimes crash out.

If a Nougat Rom ever gets made, it should be a bit smoother on our old devices. At this point i think development has stopped on our old devices. I have contemplated trying to make a Nougat build, but i have a Nvidia Shield tablet now, and Nvidia do a good job of maintaining the device as compared with Samsung, so i mainly use my old Samsung as a book reader these days
thanks
so i will try omnirom marshmallow:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a colloction of all the available custom Recoveries for GalaxyTab 7.7.

Note:CWM has stopped update after 6.0.5.x so it won't be any update.
    CM has its own touch recovery now. I might give a shot when it is stable for our device

Release Note:
    2016/4/5:
    A few bugs are fixed. Please visit the official site for the change log. ;)

2016/2/9:
    This build include the latest 3.0.0-0 UI and theme. Translation for Chinese TC and SC are included.

2016/1/15:
    This is a bug fix release. ExFat support is fixed. The battery images at power off charging are also fixed. ;)

2016/1/5:
    TWRP got a new look. I don't know why it isn't march to a new version. Anyway, I manager to support F2FS in our device now. The next MM build (may be a day or two later) will have F2FS support. This is a big step for us. :D
    /data and /cache partition can have the f2fs now. For the read only /system partition, it is better keeping it as before for compatibility.
    Since TWRP can flash image file directly, seems no reason to keep the zip format. From now on, tar and img will be provided. Cheers! ;)
    18_43_5583upper.png 18_44_5583upper.png 18_45_2377upper.png 18_46_0373upper.png
    1/10/2015:
    In this build, USB-OTG is fixed. You can access, backup and restore from it now. Cheers! ;)
    History

2015/8/26:
    This is the first build after I reconfigure my system. ;)

2015/3/29:
    Finally fix the jumpy effect of new TWRP. Future update is possible now! Cheers! :D

2015/2/20:
    2.8.3.1 fix the jumpy bug in 2.8.3.0. That was the reason can't upgrade to 2.8.4 or above... :(

2015/2/14:
    When I finish the latest 2.8.4.0 for our tab, it behaved jumpy and unstable. Therefore I turn to 2.8.3.0 which has much better MTP support. Hoping it doesn't mean the end of our trip on TWRP. :(
    PS. I have checked. Backup to external_sd is ok (tested for both Fat32 & exFat).

2014/12/20:
    twrp 2.8.2.1 has major changes. Instead of puting bandage, I managed to add SELinux support to our TWRP. This is a huge step for future developments. In addition, the charging bug is also fixed. Cheers! :D

2014/12/7:
    twrp 2.8.2.0 has better support for MTP. ;)

2014/9/17:
    twrp 2.8.0.0 support MTP now. No more adb commands to transfer files! cheers! :D

2014/6/8:
    twrp 2.7.1.0 released

2014/5/6:
    I spent some of the donation to get a i815. Hoping to have better support. I received the i815 today. @Lt.col.johncross, Thanks!
    I know why my 2.7.0.0 can't be flashed now. I'm repacking and uploading again. ;)

2014/3/13:
    TWRP announced that support for some old devices will be discontinued. Don't know if our 7.7 is affected. Here are the latest 2.7.0.0. Add the zip version which can be flashed in recovery.

2013/12/20:
    Some bug fixes in the system core. The charging images are now showing.
    Thanks to the local forum's friends. They helped dumping the /dev/block directory of their p6810 so that I can fill the correct names. Backup and Restore for PRELOAD partition is ok now. Cheers! :D

2013/11/22:
    It's been quite a while. The official TWRP 2.6.3.0 links are dead again. It's my turn to fill the gap.;)
    In this build, I add the preload partition in the backup list. As before internal sd mount to /sdcard and external sd mount to /external_sd.
    For CWM: Backup is not working in my CWM6.0.4.5 build. Need to make sure everything is in place before release.
    Edit: CWM6.0.4.5 is ok now! Cheers!

2013/7/6:
    Seems the official TWRP would not support our tab anymore. I really love the way TWRP handle things so I spent some time to build the latest 2.6 for us. The tutorial for TWRP is a bit outdated. The SPn_xxx flag was not working. After studying the source, I found something was missing in the source to support SPn_xxx. With some minor adjustments, the TWRP unofficial support for our tab is now continue! :highfive:

Change log: :cool:
    Code:
    official [URL="http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2"]change log[/URL]
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP3.0.2-0 (Unofficial) 2016/4/5[/COLOR]
       - see the official change log
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP3.0.0-0 (Unofficial) 2016/2/9[/COLOR]
       - Fix exFat 1.22
       - Translation for Chinese zh-CN, zh-HK & zh-TW
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.3 (Unofficial) 2016/1/15[/COLOR]
       - Fix exFat support
       - Fix the battery images when charging at power off.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.2 (Unofficial) 2016/1/5[/COLOR]
       - new UI
       - F2FS support
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.1 (Unofficial) 2015/10/1[/COLOR]
       - fixed USB-OTG 
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.0 (Unofficial) 2015/8/26[/COLOR]
       - merge the latest Omni-5.1.1 source.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.6.0 (Unofficial) 2015/3/29[/COLOR]
     -  Latest source from Omni-5.1
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.3.1 (Unofficial) 2015/2/20[/COLOR]
     -  Fix jumpy behaviour.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.3.0 (Unofficial) 2015/2/14[/COLOR]
     -  Full SELinux support.
     -  much better MTP support.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.2.1 (Unofficial) 2014/12/20[/COLOR]
     -  Full SELinux support.
     -  Fix the bug that can't power off when charger is connected.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.2.0 (Unofficial) 2014/12/7[/COLOR]
     -  better MTP support
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.0.0 (Unofficial) 2014/9/17[/COLOR]
     - support MTP
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.7.1.0 (Unofficial) 2014/6/8[/COLOR]
     - see official [URL="http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2"]change log[/URL].
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.7.0.0 (Unofficial) 2014/3/13[/COLOR]
     - see official [URL="http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2"]change log[/URL].
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.6.3.1 (Unofficial) 2013/12/20[/COLOR]
     - Charging image is fixed. (When power off from recovery)
     - Backup/Restore of PRELOAD is fixed
    [COLOR=Blue]CWM 6.0.4.5 (Unofficial) 2013/11/22[/COLOR]
     - keep up with the cm-11.0 source
     - fix in md5 generation
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.6.3.0 (Unofficial) 2013/11/22[/COLOR]
     - the TWRP 2.6.3.0 UI
     - add preload partition in Backup list
     - fix the power off reset issue in official twrp builds.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.6.0.0 (Unofficial) 2013/7/6[/COLOR]
     - the latest 2.6.0.0 UI
     - add efs partition in Backup list
     - internal sdcard set to /sdcard
     - external sdcard set to /external_sd
     - add bootloader (download mode) in Reboot
    Downloads: :victory:
    CWM Recovery
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10301
    Mirror : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgmHF4G#dir/path=/Recovery/cwm

TWRP
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10302
    Goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/recovery/TWRP Down now...:(
    Dev-Host:http://d-h.st/users/danielhk/?fld_id=44447#files
    Mirror : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgmHF4G#dir/path=/Recovery/twrp
    Official: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/108

Tar format: flash with Odin or Mobile Odin
    zip format: flash in CWM or earlier TWRP
    ** Recommend using Moblle Odin to flash **

Credits: :angel:
    • The TWRP Team who create such an awesome Recovery
    • All those who donated to me. I can update my pc and accessories now! Thanks!
    • All those who spend time to test and report
    Donations:

show.htm

Thank you for this daniel_hk!!!

Sorry for the dumb question but i haven't used mobile Odin for quite sometime. Do i select the .tar file under Phone or PDA?

Thanks

Mobile odin has a recovery section. Just select the file from there.
    If you are using Odin, put in PDA.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-p6800 using xda app-developers app
    !

so sad for Tab 7.7 and plus!
    Hope @daniel_hk return

Dominique

Harrison, Dominique and the others,

First of all, I have no plan to stop. MM's development is almost done so I close the thread. ;)
    I have clearly mentioned in the Tab Plus threads that I can't support it no more. I seldom quit anything so I continued to build their ROM until MM close. I don't mind they post here but I just unable to support them. :(

Frankly, it is not my responsibility to teach people how to make me understand their questions and yet I have repeatedly mentioned that. I cherish and admire those sharing which help me a lot. I want to share to those find it useful too. If anyone want to punish me for that. It's okay. I would keep silence but enough is enough. I rather spend my time doing what I'm better.MM is going to end soon so I close the thread to avoid further unreasonable arguments.

People come and go. It is sadly a normal practice that only few would really read before act. I get it. In an object and efficiency orientated world, most of us want quick results, me too! However, when things went south, is it about time we read? No one want to be ignored. We post here for others to read. BUT, if you don't want to spend time to read my post (not just a few keywords), why would I read yours. Sometimes, people won't really read my answers to their posts too. I review my posts from time to time. I have been trying to improve my presentation. I try to explain as detail as possible even if someone might not give a shxx. By the end of the day, I'm really only one and there are too many of "them"... :p

Again, I don't have a Tab Plus. I'm not qualify to support it. If you think sending me a device is a gift, I can clearly state here that it's not. It's just a burden. Some local manufacturers would send me testing devices from time to time so I don't need extra devices to play with. ;)

Anyway, I'm still playing with my beloved 7.7 from time to time. It helps me learning a lot during the pass few years. If I can make a better presentable ROM for 7.7, I would share it. I just don't want things use to be fun went the other way. :)
    nice going daniel... you should request for the developer tag... you've done so many for 7.7 community

btw... can you list down the changes for the 2.6.0 twrp... or is it the same with the official release version?

I just do it for fun..:laugh:

Other than the official TWRP 2.6.0.0 features. I include all my changes in the change log in post #1.
    The major change is at the mount point. /sdcard now correctly mount to internal sd, not external as before.

Cheers!
    Thanks for that mate.

I'll take another look later on. Family time today and off to the beach :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was thinking that you would be up in the air but not the beach... lol
    Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app