CF Auto root IS NOT cf auto rooting after 4.4.

Search This thread

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
Flashed the Columbian 4.4.2 via Odin and went to root it with CF Auto root following all of the instructions, but when I open titanium backup and SUpersu I am told that I dont have the correct binaries installed. Warrantee bit is 1. So I screwed my warrantee and don't even have root to show for it. I have tried the procedure 3 times now with no results. Thanks for any help.

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
How am I to flash TWRP with a stock recovery? Which TWRP version?

Edit: EEffffff yeah! worked like a charm.

Can someone please spell it out for me? I have always used ClockworkMOD.

I have installed the KK image, all is working well. I flashed ChainFire's autoroot via Odin and root is not showing. What am I missing? I can't install TWRP via PlayStore as I am not rooted and installing SuperSU gives me the same issue.

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen

I have installed the KK image, all is working well. I flashed ChainFire's autoroot via Odin and root is not showing. What am I missing? I can't install TWRP via PlayStore as I am not rooted and installing SuperSU gives me the same issue.

Put your device in download mode and Flash Twrp 2.6.3.3 via odin, from there you can flash superuser zip

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: cjranucci

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London

Download TWRP from their website. Use version 2.6.3.3 that's the stable one. When you download, download the IMG.Tar one. Don't unzip it.

Put tablet into download mode and connect to odin. In Odin untick auto reboot, press AP and click the twrp you downloaded and flash.

Then reboot into recovery and flash SU zip

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
Download TWRP from their website. Use version 2.6.3.3 that's the stable one. When you download, download the IMG.Tar one. Don't unzip it.

Put tablet into download mode and connect to odin. In Odin untick auto reboot, press AP and click the twrp you downloaded and flash.

Thanks for the help. Followed all of the steps, but can't boot into recovery. I used to have a custom boot menu that allowed me to do it, but it is gone. I am powering off the device, holding Vol UP and power. When I see the Galaxy Note splash screen, I am releasing power. I have tried a ton of times and it is not working.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Thanks for the help. Followed all of the steps, but can't boot into recovery. I used to have a custom boot menu that allowed me to do it, but it is gone. I am powering off the device, holding Vol UP and power. When I see the Galaxy Note splash screen, I am releasing power. I have tried a ton of times and it is not working.

Hold vol up, power and home. When you see galaxy note, release power button but keep holding the other two

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hold vol up, power and home. When you see galaxy note, release power button but keep holding the other two

So when I do that, it stays on the Galaxy Note splashscreen forever. I hold down power again and it reboots.

Maybe i have to order of operations wrong. I can start over.

I have the KK update installed, all is working fine.

I need to flash TWRP, ChainFire AutoRoot, and SuperSU.

If I were to start over, I should flash Autoroot with Odin, then TWRP with Odin? Then I should be able to boot into recovery with your instructions and flash the SuperSU zip file in recovery?

Sorry, normally this stuff is easy for me. Not sure why I am struggling so much here.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

So when I do that, it stays on the Galaxy Note splashscreen forever. I hold down power again and it reboots.

If I were to start over, I should flash Autoroot with Odin, then TWRP with Odin? Then I should be able to boot into recovery with your instructions and flash the SuperSU zip file in recovery?

Sorry, normally this stuff is easy for me. Not sure why I am struggling so much here.

EDIT: I am an idiot. I never flashed the stock recovery. :rolleyes:

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Now you're confusing me :)

The first bit of you're post is correct. Autoroot, then Twrp then su zip

When flashing TWRP make sure to untick auto reboot in odin or it probably won't work

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX

When flashing TWRP make sure to untick auto reboot in odin or it probably won't work

That is the issue I think. The version of Odin I am using has Auto Reboot greyed out. Won't let me uncheck it. I am using Odin v3.09.

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
I think that this is the issue. Auto Reboot stays greyed out in Odin. Even if I load the TWRP file first. Maybe I need another version of Odin?

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Using Odin 3.07 I was able to uncheck auto reboot. Once I flashed TWRP, it was just sitting in the download mode screen of course. I held power and it rebooted. Still unable to get into recovery mode.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
I think that this is the issue. Auto Reboot stays greyed out in Odin. Even if I load the TWRP file first. Maybe I need another version of Odin?

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Using Odin 3.07 I was able to uncheck auto reboot. Once I flashed TWRP, it was just sitting in the download mode screen of course. I held power and it rebooted. Still unable to get into recovery mode.

Did you download 2.6.3.3 version? Also make sure you got the right one lt03wifiue. Power+vol up+home then only release the power button as soon as you see Samsung note screen, the first one

Make sure the file is flashed before rebooting.

Sent from my Note 2014 using Tapatalk

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
Did you download 2.6.3.3 version? Also make sure you got the right one lt03wifiue. Power+vol up+home then only release the power button as soon as you see Samsung note screen, the first one

Make sure the file is flashed before rebooting.

Well TWRP is working now, Just flashed it again, and now no issues. Working on flashing the supersu zip now. Thanks for all of the help.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Well TWRP is working now, Just flashed it again, and now no issues. Working on flashing the supersu zip now. Thanks for all of the help.

No problem, glad I could help :good:

You may have to spin the wheel of misfortunate flashing again soon though, it looks like US kitkat is gonna drop soon :)

Reactions: BigBravo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash TWRP, then flash the supersu.zip via the recovery.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Put your device in download mode and Flash Twrp 2.6.3.3 via odin, from there you can flash superuser zip

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk