[2022 Root For S7/S7Edge Oreo Rev4_To_Rev10/A_Odin Flashable Or ADB Method] Plus [Limited Root Method Rev11/B _Using Combo_Firmware]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Oreo Root For The S7/S7E (Will work on Rev4-Rev10/A Bootloader) Adb Install

A big thanks goes out to @klabit87 he is 99 percent the reason we have root! Also @stang5litre and stang5litre test group.

Prefered Root Method Oreo Only Using Odin Only For Rev-4 Too Rev10/A
Odin Install Root Method For S7 Flat Can Be Found Here
Odin Install Root Method For S7 Edge Can Be Found Here

Root Method Using Odin Only For Rev-11/B -- Please Read Limitations On The Thread
Rev11/B Root Method For S7 Flat Can Be Found Here
Rev11/B Root Method For S7 Edge Can Be Found Here

ADB Method Oreo Or Nougat For Rev-4 Too Rev10/A -- Must Use Adb Method For Nougat Root

2023_S7_Flat_Edge _ADB_Root_Plus_Safestrap_V1.7z

Directions:

This works for Oreo Rev4-Rev10/A Bootloader Roms or Nougat Rev4

As always there is a chance of bricking your phone

1. Download and extract 2022_S7_Edge_ADB_Root_Plus_Safestrap.7z

2. Reboot your phone to download mode

3. Inside the 2022_S7_Edge_ADB_Root_Plus_Safestrap.7z folder you will find an Odin_Firmware folder. Use Odin and flash the Eng Boot Image for your phone

4. Once phone is rebooted and connected to computer click on the cmd-here.exe and type Install_One_Click.cmd in the command window and hit enter

5. Once root is done and root bat closes your phone will reboot too stock recovery where you must wipe data

6. Once booted click on SuperSu app and update su binary if app ask then reboot

7. Don't flash any superuser zips in recovery that are not made by me or use any other SuperSu apk

Rebooting Too Safestrap Recovery
1. Reboot phone as you would too boot stock recovery Pwr + VolUp + Home. It takes up too 40 seconds too boot recovery. Ignore the mount system errors on info screen
2. Enter recovery.
3. Too leave just reboot system ignore no system installed message if you get it
4. There is screen lag issues on scrolling in recovery. There is aroma file manager that takes care of this issue while in recovery but selecting zips too install may present a problem for this you can use the kernel manager recovery flash option while phone is booted too system. Simply select zip too flash and phone will reboot too recovery and flash it and reboot back too system. Most other function in recovery should work the issue is just scrolling too select files.
5. Flashfire is installed as an alternative as well

Features:
1. SuperSu Root- Do not use any other SuperSu app. Its ok to update su binary if app ask.
2. Safetrap recovery-Still working out scrolling issue
3. Flashfire
4. Kernel tweaks CPU governor set too Conservative
5. Entropy/Swapiness set to High
6. Build Prop tweaks to combat lag
7. Bloat removed from rom
8. Knox removed from rom

Bugs:
Eng Boot Image causes lag
Safestrap Recovery has scrolling issues
Random Reboots will most likely happen
Safetynet will not pass
Battery life may not be optimal

SuperSu cannot be updated
Flashfire may need date changed too 2016 to function if it just keeps closing on you

Volte And Hotspot Fix

View attachment OREO_VOLTE_ICON_HOTSPOT_FIX.zip

Old Downloads

S7_Oreo_Nougat_Adb_Advanced_Root_V12.zip Recommended Root Zip

This zip gives you the option to install some cpu tweaks and will also. Install the entropy tweak that the SEFix app does. The tweak sets entropy to high by default I also include the SEFix app if you want to change the settings. I also set the swappiness settings to very high. If you want to change these settings you can download the speedup swap app from playstore. The above zip also removes knox and changes the fstab.qcom file to disable dm-verity on system files and remove all file encryption which makes it seem to work better and make it compatible with my no root roms that has to have this done to allow safestrap to work. Installing the above zip requires a data wipe unless you have already installed it or you are coming from my non rooted roms

S7_Oreo_Su_Binary_Only_ADB_Root.zip Alternative Root Zip

This root zip is only for oreo an only installs the su binary to the system/xbin folder giving you root privelages it has no tweaks and does not change the fstab.qcomn file to remove dm-verity and system file encryption. There is no SuperSU app installed either but you will have root privelages.

Credits:

- @Raymonf for modified odin

- @afaneh92 for safestrap

- @me2151 for help and finding alternative flash methods

- @tytydraco for some instructions

- @mweinbach for some instructions

- @Craz Basics for help

- @partcyborg for help and guides other devices root methods

- @elliwigy for being great help when I need it

- @stang5litre

- @jds3118

- @Krog18

If I missed you please pm me

Donations

If you would like to donate please send all donations to @klabit87 PayPal Link Here and give a thanks!

Last edited:

abyss7

Feb 17, 2018
Yekaterinburg
I've selected "1 - Yes SafeStrap is Install" in :MENU5 phone reboted to SafeStrap how to exit? It is always rebooting to safestrap back.

Note: After I selected that menu console fast closed and I noticed some error.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I've selected "1 - Yes SafeStrap is Install" in :MENU5 phone reboted to SafeStrap how to exit? It is always rebooting to safestrap back.

Note: After I selected that menu console fast closed and I noticed some error.

Wow sorry about that I had script wrong. You cant really enter safestrap can you?
Edit:
redownload zip from OP its fixed. As far as you not being able to boot flash the BL enter_safetrap file then enter safestrap then mount system use file manage and delete e2fsck from system/bin folder then rename e2fsck.bin to e2fsck then reboot to download and Flash BL file in BL slot And the Eng boot loader in the AP slot

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
On the contrary, I cannot exit from safestrap, it enters always after reboot. Sometimes screen contain small image of original loockscreen, it looks like split view.

Wow sorry about that I had script wrong. You cant really enter safestrap can you?
Edit:
redownload zip from OP its fixed. As far as you not being able to boot flash the BL enter_safetrap file then enter safestrap then mount system use file manage and delete e2fsck from system/bin folder then rename e2fsck.bin to e2fsck then reboot to download and Flash BL file in BL slot And the Eng boot loader in the AP slot

Follow these instructions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oreo Root For The S7/S7E (Will work on Rev4-Rev10/A Bootloader) Adb Install

A big thanks goes out to @klabit87 he is 99 percent the reason we have root! Also @stang5litre and stang5litre test group.

Prefered Root Method Oreo Only Using Odin Only For Rev-4 Too Rev10/A
    Odin Install Root Method For S7 Flat Can Be Found Here
    Odin Install Root Method For S7 Edge Can Be Found Here

Root Method Using Odin Only For Rev-11/B -- Please Read Limitations On The Thread
    Rev11/B Root Method For S7 Flat Can Be Found Here
    Rev11/B Root Method For S7 Edge Can Be Found Here

ADB Method Oreo Or Nougat For Rev-4 Too Rev10/A -- Must Use Adb Method For Nougat Root

2023_S7_Flat_Edge _ADB_Root_Plus_Safestrap_V1.7z

Directions:

This works for Oreo Rev4-Rev10/A Bootloader Roms or Nougat Rev4

As always there is a chance of bricking your phone

1. Download and extract 2022_S7_Edge_ADB_Root_Plus_Safestrap.7z

2. Reboot your phone to download mode

3. Inside the 2022_S7_Edge_ADB_Root_Plus_Safestrap.7z folder you will find an Odin_Firmware folder. Use Odin and flash the Eng Boot Image for your phone

4. Once phone is rebooted and connected to computer click on the cmd-here.exe and type Install_One_Click.cmd in the command window and hit enter

5. Once root is done and root bat closes your phone will reboot too stock recovery where you must wipe data

6. Once booted click on SuperSu app and update su binary if app ask then reboot

7. Don't flash any superuser zips in recovery that are not made by me or use any other SuperSu apk

Rebooting Too Safestrap Recovery
    1. Reboot phone as you would too boot stock recovery Pwr + VolUp + Home. It takes up too 40 seconds too boot recovery. Ignore the mount system errors on info screen
    2. Enter recovery.
    3. Too leave just reboot system ignore no system installed message if you get it
    4. There is screen lag issues on scrolling in recovery. There is aroma file manager that takes care of this issue while in recovery but selecting zips too install may present a problem for this you can use the kernel manager recovery flash option while phone is booted too system. Simply select zip too flash and phone will reboot too recovery and flash it and reboot back too system. Most other function in recovery should work the issue is just scrolling too select files.
    5. Flashfire is installed as an alternative as well

Features:
    1. SuperSu Root- Do not use any other SuperSu app. Its ok to update su binary if app ask.
    2. Safetrap recovery-Still working out scrolling issue
    3. Flashfire
    4. Kernel tweaks CPU governor set too Conservative
    5. Entropy/Swapiness set to High
    6. Build Prop tweaks to combat lag
    7. Bloat removed from rom
    8. Knox removed from rom

Bugs:
    Eng Boot Image causes lag
    Safestrap Recovery has scrolling issues
    Random Reboots will most likely happen
    Safetynet will not pass
    Battery life may not be optimal

SuperSu cannot be updated
    Flashfire may need date changed too 2016 to function if it just keeps closing on you

Volte And Hotspot Fix

View attachment OREO_VOLTE_ICON_HOTSPOT_FIX.zip

Old Downloads

S7_Oreo_Nougat_Adb_Advanced_Root_V12.zip Recommended Root Zip

This zip gives you the option to install some cpu tweaks and will also. Install the entropy tweak that the SEFix app does. The tweak sets entropy to high by default I also include the SEFix app if you want to change the settings. I also set the swappiness settings to very high. If you want to change these settings you can download the speedup swap app from playstore. The above zip also removes knox and changes the fstab.qcom file to disable dm-verity on system files and remove all file encryption which makes it seem to work better and make it compatible with my no root roms that has to have this done to allow safestrap to work. Installing the above zip requires a data wipe unless you have already installed it or you are coming from my non rooted roms

S7_Oreo_Su_Binary_Only_ADB_Root.zip Alternative Root Zip

This root zip is only for oreo an only installs the su binary to the system/xbin folder giving you root privelages it has no tweaks and does not change the fstab.qcomn file to remove dm-verity and system file encryption. There is no SuperSU app installed either but you will have root privelages.

Credits:

- @Raymonf for modified odin

- @afaneh92 for safestrap

- @me2151 for help and finding alternative flash methods

- @tytydraco for some instructions

- @mweinbach for some instructions

- @Craz Basics for help

- @partcyborg for help and guides other devices root methods

- @elliwigy for being great help when I need it

- @stang5litre

- @jds3118

- @Krog18

If I missed you please pm me

Donations

If you would like to donate please send all donations to @klabit87 PayPal Link Here and give a thanks!
    I have made a new root method that incorporates my unroot method into it and it can be flashed on any carriers (excepty sprint of course unless they are still v4 bootloader) and either variant of the S7 or S7 edge. It also contains temporary TWRP recovery, thats correct full TWRP recover that can be entered through adb. TWRP only works on fully on oreo and is very limited on nougat due to the data encryption issue so on nougat you are limited too stuff that only changes the system and not data as you cannot mount data without wiping it first. Oreo however it is fully working excepty mtp meaning your phone doesnt show up as a hard drive on your computer when in recovery but adb is functional in recovery. The root method still uses the crappy engboot with the same crapy lag but I have added back the systemless option in root for oreo that seems to execute startup scripts quicker so it may help. To root you simply enter TWRP and Flash a zip. I will post later today
    I would like to say thank you to all the people that donated money to me in 2018. What I did was save the money over the year which added up to be a little over 200 dollars. I took that money and order 30 pizzas and had them delivered to my local homeless shelter. So thank you for allowing me too help out some people in need

Sent using some kind of device I modified
    sorry bro when you upload the file for the bootloader v8? ??
    Whoa guy... It will be uploaded soon. Just hold on tight to whatever is nearest to you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

G930_v8.tar
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603889616
    (Tested this one on my seriously bricked s7)

G935_v8.tar
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603889615

And don't forget to thank @jrkruse
    I am going to stop development on the s7/s7e. I think we have done some great things with the s7 but the time has come to move on. I have some final stuff I may post if I get around to it. I have left alot of stuff here in the s7 threads anyone is free to carry on my stuff. Anyone is free to use the stuff posted here or throughout the s7/s7e forums however they see fit. Just remember if I used something of someones and credit them I expect you too do the same. I may from time to time pop in and add something here or there but then again I may not. I thank all the people for their help along the way and the donations.

Sent using some kind of device I modified