[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
So if hardware is the limitation then I need to figure out how to downgrade back to maps 6.x.x. I found this for an apk:

http://xda-developers-apk.blogspot.com/2013/04/google-maps-v6143-apk.html

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to this stuff. I'm pretty sure a lot of other apps use maps as a service. So can I simply uninstall the old one and run the apk? Or will that mess other stuff up? Is there a better process to follow?

Uninstall 7.0 maps. Install the maps 6.something from the play store and reboot. I was having issues with it on PAC. So Google maps doesn't like our phones.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Mar 30, 2013
Uninstall 7.0 maps. Install the maps 6.something from the play store and reboot. I was having issues with it on PAC. So Google maps doesn't like our phones.

How can an older version of maps be installed from the play store? I can only find the latest version 7, they seem to have removed all traces of older versions.

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
How can an older version of maps be installed from the play store? I can only find the latest version 7, they seem to have removed all traces of older versions.

I downloaded it off the play store earlier today. It might say newer version its not yet for ours. Gimme 3 minutes I'll pop it in my drop box

http://db.tt/388hu1mZ

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2013
I downloaded it off the play store earlier today. It might say newer version its not yet for ours. Gimme 3 minutes I'll pop it in my drop box

http://db.tt/388hu1mZ

I'm cool, I'd already side loaded this morning with some apk, I just didnt know if there was some backdoor to the play store I didn't know about or something like that. Thanks though.

DigiMD

Mar 1, 2011
BT is working fine. I put it into a ten min test, it performed pretty well. Thanks to developers for their contribution. I'm using build 7-12.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

DigiMD

Mar 1, 2011
I tried latest build 7 21, battery seems more efficient than build 7 13. I ran into Bluetooth issues with the older version. Will report back for possible bugs.

I wonder why this thread had turned mute for long while?!

MoonMaster345

Oct 30, 2011
The better things work the less people complain no? Also the ota updater thing might have something to do with it haha

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

DigiMD

Mar 1, 2011
The better things work the less people complain no? Also the ota updater thing might have something to do with it haha

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

Right! I am just surprised. Feedback always helpful. I will think of a bug, and mention it so ppl (including myself) would find more to complain about. Lol

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Right! I am just surprised. Feedback always helpful. I will think of a bug, and mention it so ppl (including myself) would find more to complain about. Lol

Actually I'm going to test out the "test" build option sometime this week, so be on the lookout. New interface for the toolbox and the "Updater" is now divorced to its own app, which also has a new interface.

EDIT: Test build is live, flash it via the new 'Updates' section in the toolbox. Report comments / issues here, not on the bug tracker.

Last edited:

len207

Apr 24, 2009
So what is the difference/purpose of the "test" ROMs? My inc2. s my everyday phone and I have been using this ROM with periodic nightly updates for some time.Don't want to screw anything up but always willing to test new features!

Edit: Preludedrew - The test download is available I am downloading the test build now so that's why I ask.

Last edited:

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
So what is the difference/purpose of the "test" ROMs? My inc2 is my everyday phone and I have been using this ROM with periodic nightly updates for some time.Don't want to screw anything up but always willing to test new features!

Consider these, "nightlies, with a twist". You'll want to backup everything before flashing ( remember this is bleeding edge, hence the testing ). Other than that, just follow instructions if given and you're on your merry way. As with the nightlies, there's never any explicit assurance that something won't go wrong; the rom won't boot, it bootloops, scares your kids, etc. However, with these test builds, this usually means that someone ( mostly myself as I am the maintainer for this device ) will have something specific that they've been working on, and just need 2nd, 3rd or 4th, opinion on. In this particular case, we've got the Toolbox & Updater interfaces that have changed completely, and just need to make sure it's all set before merging. I'd like to do this more often, if we can make sure we've got a good base of people to do the testing. Also in this particular case, I'd like to maybe pick some brains on what people might like to see ( the interface, not customizations ).

len207

Apr 24, 2009
Consider these, "nightlies, with a twist". You'll want to backup everything before flashing ( remember this is bleeding edge, hence the testing ). Other than that, just follow instructions if given and you're on your merry way. As with the nightlies, there's never any explicit assurance that something won't go wrong; the rom won't boot, it bootloops, scares your kids, etc. However, with these test builds, this usually means that someone ( mostly myself as I am the maintainer for this device ) will have something specific that they've been working on, and just need 2nd, 3rd or 4th, opinion on. In this particular case, we've got the Toolbox & Updater interfaces that have changed completely, and just need to make sure it's all set before merging. I'd like to do this more often, if we can make sure we've got a good base of people to do the testing. Also in this particular case, I'd like to maybe pick some brains on what people might like to see ( the interface, not customizations ).

Thanks for the reply! Also FYI the Updates section is also populated with nightly options but did not attempt to d/l any of those. Am aware of bleeding edge ROMs have 5 rooted devices handy all with various custom installs. The Vivow by EV has been great on my inc2 - thank you for your great work!

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
What CPU over clock freq is popular and works well with this ROM and phone?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I like the new toolbox layout on the test version.

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
What CPU over clock freq is popular and works well with this ROM and phone?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I like the new toolbox layout on the test version.

Results vary. Try a few. Just don't set on boot until you are sure it's stable. That way if it freezes you can pull battery and start over.

From high upon the Beanstalk

Mar 30, 2013
Results vary. Try a few. Just don't set on boot until you are sure it's stable. That way if it freezes you can pull battery and start over.

From high upon the Beanstalk
Is overclocking supported again? I am on 7/13 nightly and it is not supported on that ROM. On 4/14 nightly I had it overclocked to 1.4 ghz and that was pretty sweet. Would definitely move to newer nightly if that feature has returned.

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Is overclocking supported again? I am on 7/13 nightly and it is not supported on that ROM. On 4/14 nightly I had it overclocked to 1.4 ghz and that was pretty sweet. Would definitely move to newer nightly if that feature has returned.

It is supported, there was a bug we found with adding the Updater to the toolbox. This has since been fixed but the code is still in review. We'll get it out asap, probably by this weekend since 4.3 dropped and we're working on that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I apologize for those that had wanted an evervolv rom ages ago and I didn't come through for ya. So here's a jellybean 4.2 rom. It's rough, but definitely something to work with. I'm gonna keep this post short. Read through it for links to releases, nightlies and source.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv releases & nightlies

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

*** Resetting this for v3.2 ***

Wifi

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Has the black screen after the lock screen issue been fixed yet?
    Also I'd like to know why i can't upload pictures to instagram

I've begun to ignore your posts. If you can't let me have a life and have some patience with that, then you're issues with the phone are way too important for me to devote my donated time. We're doing this for the fun of it. I don't use this phone, so working on this device has no positive effects on me. The only thing is that I love working on these devices, and I love working with ya'all to get things straightened out. There is always a challenge around the corner, and it's difficult to find 2 people with the same exact issues, which adds to the difficulty and the fun at the same time. I try to monitor xda for any issues ya'all have with the nightlies, I might not reply but it doesnt mean im not looking into the issues. School started up again this week, so i've been busy with a little bit of integration. For everyone else. I'm gonna come up with something for ya'all to help with reporting / debugging bugs with me. For those that can already do it, we're getting into some hardware / kernel related bugs because of the 3.0 kernel integration. The best things are to get a logcat and a dmesg, when the problem occurs. Both may not apply to every situation, but it won't hurt and it's just one extra step to help us help you.

Thanks
    -Andrew
    elginsk8r merged quite a bit of updates from the vivowct kernel. I was able to reproduce the UI freezing after exiting camera/camcorder before these patches, have not been able to with them. Please report back! Also, we're working on a portion of the Evervolv toolbox to handle nightlies, release and test builds. So might make things a little easier to track. Along with a bug tracker.
    We have a 3.0 kernel booting!

<6>[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    <5>[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.0.58-ga53dbaf (andrew@localhost) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 2 21:00:09 MST 2013
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [511f00f1] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
    <4>[ 0.000000] CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIVT ASID tagged instruction cache
    <4>[ 0.000000] Machine: vivow
    Commits that should fix then Phone FC ( occurs when the remote caller hangs up ), and the camera led are on gerrit. I'll most likely be gone this weekend, but will merged them when i get back. As far as the sound and UI freezing / black screen issues, those are next.