SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 Theme / Skin Collections Thread

Search This thread

bchandler78

Dec 20, 2007
greatbal or anyone?
Anyone have the complete diamond theme files with all the corrections? I had the theme on the phone but while adding the updates somehow screwed mobile shell up and had to re-install?
Please post?

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
but you must have had so many compliments about this you that youre **** has grown inches and have great balls.

whatthe###??!!! hehe :p

For the weather discriptions: i used a program SBSH weather panel wich uses same discriptions, like mostly sunny, partly cloudy, Haze etc. maybe u can use the discriptions from that program.

Thanks. but I got the weather description from, where else?, SPB site. hehe

Added the description to the weather page already.

99357332ou1.png

Marcos200

Jan 13, 2007
after change calendar tab need a soft reset

In the calendar tab is not possible change to view only the apointments and no calendar weeks also no nest alarm.

freeze the device

but very good work :)
keep going

Heefy

Jan 2, 2008
Nice

Nice little upgrade on the weather pages, with better icons and descriptions. My only question is wheres the files to download, lol.

Keep it up your work is inspiring.

Cheers

H

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Nice little upgrade on the weather pages, with better icons and descriptions. My only question is wheres the files to download, lol.

Keep it up your work is inspiring.

Cheers

H

Just keep a watch on the thread. hehe :p

Thanks! But I "borrowed" the weather icons from kulet's latest theme. :)

Last edited:

Quadman

Apr 30, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice work Greatbal. I was wondering if there's away to change the header on the first two contact tabs? Change them to Contacts - Family, Contacts - Friends. I love the theme it's awesome. Also i sometimes have problems launching or opening my sms/email when i tap on the icons. Any sugg? Thx for the help....:)

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Nice work Greatbal. I was wondering if there's away to change the header on the first two contact tabs? Change them to Contacts - Family, Contacts - Friends. I love the theme it's awesome. Thx for the help....:)

edit the SpeedDial1.xml, SpeedDial2.xml and SpeedDial3.xml files of the qa_layouts.dat. Look for the PageLabel class. Change the label to your liking.

as in:

Code:
      <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.Text" Name="PageLabel">
        <String Name="Text" Value="Contacts - Family"/>
        <Font Name="TextFont" Face="HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman" HeightPxl="20" Bold="n" />
      </Plugin>

kulet78

Jun 11, 2006
greatba said:
langya, pinoy ka pala! fagevian ka ba? hehe :)

I admire your themes. used them before I started making my own. Your works really inspired me to create themes for my own use which I thought I could share to the community in return... madrama! nyahaha! :p

BTW, I like your weather icons. Can I use them on my update please? :)

Tsaka tinatamad na ako mag-photoshop e. hehe :p

yup noypi here, but what's fagevian?

sure, feel free to use my weather icons, i borrowed it myself from yahoo, hehe

luiggi said:
Great job kulet78!! As allways rising the bar everyday, congratulations!

thanks luiggi, i tend to try something new everytime i make a theme to see what we all can do with mobile shell and what other possibilities are out there

mienh said:
Your themes just get even better. One thing I want to mention is when using the buttons or gestures it doesn't cycle though to the beginning when it reach the end of the 3rd contact page. In other words, it just keep flipping into itself (3rd contact page); the same goes when at the Home going left.

this is intentional because I wanted the user to know that he/she has reached the last or first tab, but for a shortcut or to quickly jump between tabs, just simply tap the lower bottom bars
RGV-Mogul said:
Kulet78,

loved the theme. I like the fact that you made the contacts into 3x3's. I was having trouble finding that many friends. LOL. I have a question though, how can I change the bottom right contact icon so that it does not propogate to the other two contact screens. Any contact that I put there is shown on all 3 contact sheets.

Once again, thanks for the great skin.

RM

that bottom right contact icon is left intentionally for mobile shell contact module, so no matter which contact page you are, you have access to all contacts not listed on any of the pages, this is not ment to have a contact shortcut, hope this answers your question

kangmas said:
A noob question. Where do I put the two reg files? Need to do anything after I put it?

FIRST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS MOD, you simply transfer the reg files in your device and tap/open it, it should automatically install it for you and that's it, if you need further help, pm me and I'll walk you through the whole install process

mike69 said:
Very very beautiful. Congratulations.

I think we should rename the application to XDA Mobile shell 2

thanks, your good word is much appreciated!

sgreenwood99 said:
Kulet, I must have done something out of order or wrong with the registry. Tried it twice in fact with same result: When I select "Application," I get the items contained in the "Organizer" and when I select "Settings," I get the items contained in the "Internet" section. Any help?

Once you have made the registry tweak, you must go to customize menu settings and deselect everything but Application and make sure Application is above or before Settings, what the registry tweaks do is simply copy the other menus into one main menu (Application or Settings), what your seeing are your other menus.

Last edited:

kangmas

Feb 13, 2008
FIRST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS MOD, you simply transfer the reg files in your device and tap/open it, it should automatically install it for you and that's it, if you need further help, pm me and I'll walk you through the whole install process

hehe, I did pm you before you answer this. Thanks, will pm you if I ran to any problem. :)

sev7en

Jul 10, 2006
www.fabriziodegni.com
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Kulet, I must have done something out of order or wrong with the registry. Tried it twice in fact with same result: When I select "Application," I get the items contained in the "Organizer" and when I select "Settings," I get the items contained in the "Internet" section. Any help?

IT's great and lovable for sure but anytimes I try to install it on my clean SBP Shell v2.1 installation, it hangs up.
I have a JasJar... anyones using this skin with no isses on the Universal?

About the installation, I overwrite the SBP files then launch the 2 reg files.

Thanks!

IABovine

Feb 15, 2008
Greatbal, I've been using your theme for awhile now and *LOVE* it...my favorite one in a very long time.

Personally, I prefer the contact images to be a bit bigger--almost touching. I'm not a skinner at all, but how difficult of a task is it to make those icons bigger? Is it something a determined newbie could do?

o4r

Aug 16, 2007
Yes I have the same issue and it's annoying as hell. I can go in and take out the carrier name via the reg hack, but there is an issue that also. Anytime the phone is rebooted or a message comes in (basically anytime the phone connects to the network), the carrier name is repopulated.

Use this.

Made by someone in this forum.

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Greatbal, I've been using your theme for awhile now and *LOVE* it...my favorite one in a very long time.

Personally, I prefer the contact images to be a bit bigger--almost touching. I'm not a skinner at all, but how difficult of a task is it to make those icons bigger? Is it something a determined newbie could do?

I used to have zero knowledge re all this. used themes i find here and kept a close watch for any updates and replies to my requests. But then again, knowing people here are busy with their personal lives, I decided to start learning how to edit what others did based on my needs. And now I'm skinner myself. hehe ;)

Try to read the how-to for beginners thread. I'm sure you can do it. Willingness and perseverance are the keys to success. hehe :)

Last edited:

kulet78

Jun 11, 2006
myUI installation

It seems that some are having trouble trying out my latest theme. I'll try to explain..

I wanted to get rid of having 9 menu icons in one page but group them in 2 main menus which will have their own tab/page.

First, the ms2.1 theme should work without the reg files installed. but will only show whatever your fist 2 menu icons are. Hence the need to install the reg files. All the reg file does is create a new menu in the registry containing the other menus:

Application menu/reg file will have:
Organizer
Task manager
Internet
Multimedia
Programs
Messaging

Settings menu/reg file will have:
Settings
Tools

As you can see this eliminate the need for 9 menu icons in one page, this way I was able to show a bigger menu icon which when clicked will show the other menus.

After installing the reg files you must go to Customize Menu settings in Mobile shell and only select Application (newly created menu by the reg file and if you expand it you should see the other menus), also make sure its before Settings so the tabs are in order and deselect the rest.

I hope this explains or solves the issues that some are getting. And I apologize if my themes require many mods. I just love trying out new things and see how much we can get out of SPB Mobile Shell.

Top Liked Posts