Titanium Backup not showing any backups

Search This thread

raghu102

Oct 17, 2010
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9RT
Also .properties.txt to .properties
somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
I'm using oneplus x.

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

Thanks u guys... worked great after an hour of trying to figure out what went wrong. Opened the backup folder in windows & used command prompt to rename the files using RENAME *.gz.zip *. & RENAME *.properties.txt *.

Last edited:

rutu3

Oct 27, 2008
Mumbai
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 7T Pro
I just had this issue after flashing a Rom. I had the correct backup location set and could see the backups in the folder, but under Restore they didn't show. Finally, figured out that there was a filter on by default and it was screening out all but System backups. I've never seen a filter affect this area before, only ever used it to filter under the Backup/Restore tab, not under the Check Mark list of options. When I changed the filter to ALL, then the backups magically appeared.

Hope this helps someone else, since this thread kind of went off track.

Thanks :) this post saved me. XDA is truly great knowledge base. I had clean flashed twice but still no app in restore section.
But never faced this issue with TB before this.

supak111

Dec 21, 2007
WOW thank you! This needs to be a sticky!!! This wasn't the first time I've lost TB backups. This 100% works. Just remove: .zip and .txt from ALL the files names. Technically TB can fix this, this has to be a bug in their app I'm thinking probably between newer and older versions of the app maybe?

I personally didn't do this manually. I pulled all the files to my laptop and used software to remove last 4 characters from all the files, but I'm sure there are apps on the play store for quick file renaming or removing characters to save you time

PS you can do this with an FREE android app called "Bulk Rename Wizard", used the "edit filename extension" and when it asks you what the new extension name is, just leave it blank this way it will rename all the .txt and .zip to blank basically removing them.

Last edited:

Seppel007

Jun 10, 2012
Stuttgart
WOW thank you! This needs to be a sticky!!! This wasn't the first time I've lost TB backups. This 100% works. Just remove: .zip and .txt from ALL the files names. Technically TB can fix this, this has to be a bug in their app I'm thinking probably between newer and older versions of the app maybe?

I personally didn't do this manually. I pulled all the files to my laptop and used software to remove last 4 characters from all the files, but I'm sure there are apps on the play store for quick file renaming or removing characters to save you time

PS you can do this with an FREE android app called "Bulk Rename Wizard", used the "edit filename extension" and when it asks you what the new extension name is, just leave it blank this way it will rename all the .txt and .zip to blank basically removing them.

Bulk Rename Wizard 2.1 doesnt support the OP5 anymore. I found 2.0 somewhere and it worked fine thx! Should be a feature inside TitBackup...

rodxxda

Jan 7, 2012
Thank you for this solution...I´ve been dealing with this problem since I formated my sdcard and the formatting changed its label. I saved my backup folder and put it back on the newly formatted card, but Tibu kept looking for the "old" card and even searching the entire device didn´t help. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a simple rename did the trick

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.
    That was it for me too

Hope this helps.
    somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
    I'm using oneplus x.
    Figured It Out!!!!!!!!!

So just picked up my Note 2 this afternoon and already rooted and unlocked it thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorials on the development forum...

So I installed the SD card I had been using from my Xperia Play, after doing one last final TB, and am a little surprised to see that none of my backups are showing up in TB. I can see all the current apps installed, it's pointing to the right directory, yet nothing from my XP is showing as an available backup to restore. Is it just a compatibility issue between phones?

I'd like to restore some game data and some kik convo's... but if I can't I can't!

Thanks in advance!

I just had this issue after flashing a Rom. I had the correct backup location set and could see the backups in the folder, but under Restore they didn't show. Finally, figured out that there was a filter on by default and it was screening out all but System backups. I've never seen a filter affect this area before, only ever used it to filter under the Backup/Restore tab, not under the Check Mark list of options. When I changed the filter to ALL, then the backups magically appeared.

Hope this helps someone else, since this thread kind of went off track.
    I assume he has already done that.

this happened to me. i forgot the solution, but i think clearing the data or reinstalling the app worked.

in my case, i used an app that cleared tb cache.

This. By default it looks at internal sd. You need it to look at the external sd. So open tibu/settings/preferences and click back up folder

Sent from the dark on a Note 2

Guess I missed that

Sent from the dark on a Note 2

it could very well be that the OP thinks "sdcard0" is the microsd.

had the same issue and thought the same thing. Had the my microSD in my droid X and i just simply put it in my note 2 without formating so when i installed TiB the app ofcourse didnt detect the back up location i had for the DX so it created on in the sdcard0 file.

heres what i did hope it helps

go into Titanium Backup

click your menu button

select preferences

scroll to Backup Location folder

click your back button on the phone and stop at the /storage folder

there you will see "extSdCard" and "sdcard0" under it.

select ExtSdCard and HOPEFULLY you'll find your Titanium backup folder
    I'm using oneplus x.

Hope this helps.

Thanks u guys... worked great after an hour of trying to figure out what went wrong. Opened the backup folder in windows & used command prompt to rename the files using RENAME *.gz.zip *. & RENAME *.properties.txt *.