Xposed working flawlessly on Zenfone 5Q/lite zc600kl

Search This thread

Shakez619

Aug 8, 2017
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Used Twrp to flash SuperSU installed Xposed framework installer and flashed the nougat sdk.
Modules are working
Zuper
Lucky patcher
Gravitybox
3C
One tap video downloader

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180819-100941.jpg
    Screenshot_20180819-100941.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 739
  • Screenshot_20180819-102329.jpg
    Screenshot_20180819-102329.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 731

Cyb3rk1ll

Jul 21, 2016
Austin
Where did you get the TWRP? Can you give me the link?

I want to install magisk and enable camera2 api so I can install gcam :cool:

You don't need trwp to install magisk. You can use magisk manager to patch the stock boot image, then adb push to install the patch boot image to your device. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this here on XDA.

DumDumBumBum

Feb 23, 2016
You don't need trwp to install magisk. You can use magisk manager to patch the stock boot image, then adb push to install the patch boot image to your device. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this here on XDA.

Yeah i know, but haven't try it myself and I usually use twrp to install it. That's why I lack the confidence to do so ?.

Have you tried rooting your zenfone 5q?

Cyb3rk1ll

Jul 21, 2016
Austin
Yeah i know, but haven't try it myself and I usually use twrp to install it. That's why I lack the confidence to do so ?.

I have not yet, I'm waiting for an unlock method that is reversable, I have however used magisk to patch boot images on some of my other devices that don't have twrp available.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Which part makes you uncomfortable? Is it patching the image or using adb push?

Last edited:

mzj4213

Jul 10, 2015
Ipoh
But bro, feels like you posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for Zenfone 5 x86 A500CG/ A501CG. :)

Shakez619

Aug 8, 2017
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Soon after making my original post I downloaded the stock rom from the Asus support page the same place I got the bootloader unlock app from.
After flashing I got brave or stupid and found a site that had a TWRP for the zc600kl so i said what the hell and installed the TWRP idk if I can link it here but I'm sure they'll get rid of it if it isn't.
https://mega.nz/#!OuJHnaJR!aUTwAtRcEukqOi6XMh-FKsYcM22gHEzC35YajMkSOns

It turned out to be TWRP 3.2.3.0 and works perfectly. only issue I had was during the Magisk installation, twrp couldn't mount anything. turns out it was showing my internal storage as 0 but it was an extremely easy fix! all I had to do was just change the phones storage file system from it's original to another then immediately back to the original file system (can't remember specifics) within the twrp advanced menu I think, but it worked just fine and my internal storage read the correct size. Found fix on YouTube easily.
I installed magisk flawlessly then installed xposed seamless now have the best of both and everything is working great phone is stable no issues at all I'm very pleased,
Safety net check fails but IDC I don't need it.
Ridiculously easy root I love this phone ?? oh and now I have iOS 11 Emojis lol

Hope this helps all you Zenfone 5Q zc600kl owners out there.
If anyone wishes to know anything else PM me I'll try to help.
???

Last edited:

slayerking

May 5, 2011
Bateau Bay
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Soon after making my original post I downloaded the stock rom from the Asus support page the same place I got the bootloader unlock app from.
After flashing I got brave or stupid and found a site that had a TWRP for the zc600kl so i said what the hell and installed the TWRP idk if I can link it here but I'm sure they'll get rid of it if it isn't.

It turned out to be TWRP 3.2.3.0 and works perfectly. only issue I had was during the Magisk installation, twrp couldn't mount anything. turns out it was showing my internal storage as 0 but it was an extremely easy fix! all I had to do was just change the phones storage file system from it's original to another then immediately back to the original file system (can't remember specifics) within the twrp advanced menu I think, but it worked just fine and my internal storage read the correct size. Found fix on YouTube easily.
I installed magisk flawlessly then installed xposed seamless now have the best of both and everything is working great phone is stable no issues at all I'm very pleased,
Ridiculously easy root I love this phone ? oh and now I have iOS 11 Emojis lol

Just tried with this and it says it's too big when flashing and fails ZF5Q ZC600kl (X017D)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5437200

Just tried with this and it says it's too big when flashing and fails ZF5Q ZC600kl (X017D)

Same here, seems as though this twrp is for the X017DA which has a much larger size recovery compared to the regular X017D which has a stock recovery size and flash limit of 32mb. I tried for hours to get a ported twrp running on the X017D to no avail. Can someone help?

dracconus

Nov 27, 2011
Same here, seems as though this twrp is for the X017DA which has a much larger size recovery compared to the regular X017D which has a stock recovery size and flash limit of 32mb. I tried for hours to get a ported twrp running on the X017D to no avail. Can someone help?

I just finished attempting to flash this recovery using my X017DA and I'm getting the file size too large error as well.
There are NUMEROUS people stating that they've rooted this phone and I'd SURE as hell love to know how.
I unlocked the bootloader at this point for nothing, and it's rather irritating.
It's bad enough I have spotty service on this phone because apparently, it doesn't support band 12 (which is crap) and ASUS refuses to cert it for VOLTE
I love the cameras, and functionality of this phone, and for the price the specs are GREAT, but this WILL be the last and only ASUS phone I'll purchase. Hell, I might even ban their computer components from my home after this fiasco.

Mudessar

Dec 21, 2018
I just finished attempting to flash this recovery using my X017DA and I'm getting the file size too large error as well.
There are NUMEROUS people stating that they've rooted this phone and I'd SURE as hell love to know how.
I unlocked the bootloader at this point for nothing, and it's rather irritating.
It's bad enough I have spotty service on this phone because apparently, it doesn't support band 12 (which is crap) and ASUS refuses to cert it for VOLTE
I love the cameras, and functionality of this phone, and for the price the specs are GREAT, but this WILL be the last and only ASUS phone I'll purchase. Hell, I might even ban their computer components from my home after this fiasco.
please tell me how you unlock the bootloader of zc600kl x017d ?
I m trying for months to do so but fail, as the official unlock apk tool is not working.
Please tell me how you unlock the bootloader on (haalla88@gmail.com)
I shall be very thankfull to you for this

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ridiculously easy root I love this phone ?? oh and now I have iOS 11 Emojis lol

???