LG 360 cam live streaming

Search This thread

xtrepx

Jan 22, 2011
I already knew that camera app connects to the camera by using wireless, so a first thought was to connect to the camera AP and scan everything. Unfortunately nothing interesting found so I wanted to intercept all the traffic that app does via wlan0. After some search, trying to find an Android 7 app that could do that, I managed to find something but it was not capturing everything. However, it was quite enough to find what I needed.

Basically the camera app sends HTTP requests to camera IP on port 6642. Example: GET request to 192.168.43.1:6624/osc/info. Search on the web about this, found some LG developer resources where they mentioned the camera uses Open Spherical Camera API. This way I noticed some requests that can be sent to camera, but I wanted something that will make the camera stream. Eventually I found it. Steps are the following:

1. Open the camera and the application
2. Connect to the camera then close the application on your phone and disable wireless
3. On you PC, connect to the wireless network of the camera, by entering the same password you have set in the Android LG app
4. Use a software that can send HTTP requests (like Postman or Restlet Client DHC) and send a request like this:
- request type: HTTP
- URL: 192.168.43.1:6624/osc/commands/execute
- Body: {"name": "camera._startPreview", "parameters": {"sessionId": "c94e41"}}
- request header: Content-Type application/json

5. You will get back a response like this:
{
"results":{
"_previewUri": "udp://:1234"
},
"name": "camera._startPreview",
"state": "done"
}

6. Open VLC on your PC and open the network stream with the exact location as the above udp://:1234
7. Now you have live streaming from the camera and you could in theory inject this stream to Youtube. There is no audio though
8. To stop the live streming from the camera, modify the body of the request you sent in step 4 with {"name": "camera._stopPreview", "parameters": {"sessionId": "c94e41"}}

If someone could develop an Android app that makes use of this , input the audio from the phone and then broadcast, it would be nice.

jnrcastro111

Oct 3, 2017
I tried.... I can't

Really.... I'm looking foward to anyone that could do something about it! Like a video tutorial... can you? Pleaseeeeeeeee

phatman81

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey City
This is some great work! I messed around and was able to recreate the scenario and access the camera. Far from usable for streaming, but a great start. I can try to work on this, but with my job, I have little bandwidth for this lately... If i do make any progress, i will def post here to share.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Really.... I'm looking foward to anyone that could do something about it! Like a video tutorial... can you? Pleaseeeeeeeee

Link to the Open Spherical Camera API [has commands to try/test]: https://developers.google.com/streetview/open-spherical-camera/reference/options

Chrome Plugin for HTTP request tracking: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...-api-t/aejoelaoggembcahagimdiliamlcdmfm?hl=en
For Rest API client, use the "POST" method and then you can use the instructions outlined by the OP...

sam.suffy

May 1, 2020
im novice please help

Hi
i have lg 360 cam, postman software and the lg application on my phone. But its not work. I think i dont give good request on the software. Can you help me please ?

onur elmas

Nov 10, 2022
Although i receive response like step 8, vlc player doesn`t catch video streaming. is there any decoding problem with vlc?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already knew that camera app connects to the camera by using wireless, so a first thought was to connect to the camera AP and scan everything. Unfortunately nothing interesting found so I wanted to intercept all the traffic that app does via wlan0. After some search, trying to find an Android 7 app that could do that, I managed to find something but it was not capturing everything. However, it was quite enough to find what I needed.

Basically the camera app sends HTTP requests to camera IP on port 6642. Example: GET request to 192.168.43.1:6624/osc/info. Search on the web about this, found some LG developer resources where they mentioned the camera uses Open Spherical Camera API. This way I noticed some requests that can be sent to camera, but I wanted something that will make the camera stream. Eventually I found it. Steps are the following:

1. Open the camera and the application
    2. Connect to the camera then close the application on your phone and disable wireless
    3. On you PC, connect to the wireless network of the camera, by entering the same password you have set in the Android LG app
    4. Use a software that can send HTTP requests (like Postman or Restlet Client DHC) and send a request like this:
    - request type: HTTP
    - URL: 192.168.43.1:6624/osc/commands/execute
    - Body: {"name": "camera._startPreview", "parameters": {"sessionId": "c94e41"}}
    - request header: Content-Type application/json

5. You will get back a response like this:
    {
    "results":{
    "_previewUri": "udp://:1234"
    },
    "name": "camera._startPreview",
    "state": "done"
    }

6. Open VLC on your PC and open the network stream with the exact location as the above udp://:1234
    7. Now you have live streaming from the camera and you could in theory inject this stream to Youtube. There is no audio though
    8. To stop the live streming from the camera, modify the body of the request you sent in step 4 with {"name": "camera._stopPreview", "parameters": {"sessionId": "c94e41"}}

If someone could develop an Android app that makes use of this , input the audio from the phone and then broadcast, it would be nice.