[Q] [Brick] ZTE Open, need low level flash (TPT?) instructions

Search This thread

Defier525

Aug 26, 2012
Hi folks,

unfortunately I somehow bricked my ZTE Open. I flashed cwm (worked fine) but after flashing both system AND userdata via flash_image, the phone won't boot and what is much worse it won't boot into cwm anymore as it hangs there with just showing the logo and the cwm version. The menus are missing, it does not react buttons and does not show up in adb. FTM mode is also non-functional, holding volup gets you also into broken recovery.

For earlier ZTE devices like the ZTE Blade it seems to be possible to low level flash them in diagnostics mode. Diagnostics mode is working fine on the ZTE Open (it shows up with the diagnostics port on USB. Luckily I also have all the 20 partitions backed up, but I don't know how to flash them in this diagnostics mode. I tried putting the files into the root of the SD card and including sha1/256/512 plus md5sum files, but it was not impressed by that. Not sure if this only works in FTM mode, though.

Any help would be highly appreciated! I highly assume that the procedure is the same as for the ZTE Blade.

Defier525

Aug 26, 2012
Thanks but as you might have noticed I posted several comments there already, but I thought XDA would be the right place for unbricking devices.

aversario

Nov 25, 2013
Are there any updates on this one?

I have bricked Open too, I'm attaching the PCB picture, if it is any help to maybe find UART or JTAG pins?

Attachments

• IMGP6267_popisano.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 528
Last edited:

aversario

Nov 25, 2013
Can someone be really nice and please dump the bootloader from working ZTE Open in send it to me?

I've found some guy, who maybe can help me write bootloder with JTAG.

aversario

Nov 25, 2013

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 901

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Hi folks,

unfortunately I somehow bricked my ZTE Open. I flashed cwm (worked fine) but after flashing both system AND userdata via flash_image, the phone won't boot and what is much worse it won't boot into cwm anymore as it hangs there with just showing the logo and the cwm version. The menus are missing, it does not react buttons and does not show up in adb. FTM mode is also non-functional, holding volup gets you also into broken recovery.

For earlier ZTE devices like the ZTE Blade it seems to be possible to low level flash them in diagnostics mode. Diagnostics mode is working fine on the ZTE Open (it shows up with the diagnostics port on USB. Luckily I also have all the 20 partitions backed up, but I don't know how to flash them in this diagnostics mode. I tried putting the files into the root of the SD card and including sha1/256/512 plus md5sum files, but it was not impressed by that. Not sure if this only works in FTM mode, though.

Any help would be highly appreciated! I highly assume that the procedure is the same as for the ZTE Blade.

tpt files for the zte open

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnj3rja7gd54s98/_twgXEkMFH/P752D04_DEV_EU_20131212_v1.2.7z

Reactions: Defier525

Defier525

Aug 26, 2012
Thank you for the link. But what tool is supposed to be used to flash the files? And is there a way I can use my backup as well? In this case: how can I transform it to TPT files?

Defier525

Aug 26, 2012
Update: I tried flashing it by following the instructions of the link posted by psywolf, but unfortunately I am getting the same error as aversario. I tried also flashing just recovery, but it seems like no single partition is flashed successfully. :(

aversario

Nov 25, 2013
So, I've ordered jtagulator and it showed the pins. Now I need jtag programmer, which one do you guys recommend?

And I am still looking for some great guy to share with me his bootloader of a functional zte open.

Attachments

• zte_open_pinout.jpg
    zte_open_pinout.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
So, I've ordered jtagulator and it showed the pins. Now I need jtag programmer, which one do you guys recommend?

And I am still looking for some great guy to share with me his bootloader of a functional zte open.

on what partition is the bootloader? i have a UK revision 02 one, i would help you out if you tell me how to get the bootloader?

Reactions: aversario

aversario

Nov 25, 2013
on what partition is the bootloader? i have a UK revision 02 one, i would help you out if you tell me how to get the bootloader?

Well, I don't know the partition names by heart, but as I remember the bootloader is one of the small partitions (so definitely not system or boot or userdata or recovery).

The way to get that small partitions would be installing CWM recovery first -> http://pof.eslack.org/2013/07/05/zte-open-firefoxos-phone-root-and-first-impressions/

then enter adb shell on computer
su # to get root privileges

then it should be something like explained here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GOzUURSgM&feature=player_detailpage#t=153

And thank you very much for your time :)

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
If i figure out how to do that without CWM i'll upload it for you. Cannot install CWM because i need to be on stock recovery for development of update packages, sorry

Sent from my V3 using Tapatalk

aversario

Nov 25, 2013
If i figure out how to do that without CWM i'll upload it for you. Cannot install CWM because i need to be on stock recovery for development of update packages, sorry

OK, I get that. I'm sure there exists a way to do it without changing recovery also. I just can't figure it out because that's the only Firefox OS phone I've had. :)

Last edited:

Heinz-

Oct 11, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Hi, I bricked my ZTE Open (EU version) too. Had bought it from a German Ebay seller and tried to flash FirefoxOS 2.0 on my device. I don't have the CWM recovery installed, only the "Firefox OS System Recovery" Big mistake, I know :rolleyes:. When I switch on the device, the Firefox OS logo appears, then disappeas after a few seconds, and so on, the perfect bootloop :mad:
I can't access the device via ADB or fastboot.
When I ty to install any downloaded zip (even from ZTE's homepage) from the SD card, I get following messages:
Code:
--Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifying update package ...
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
So there is no valid signature.

Can you help me please? Thank you!

Heinz

Heinz-

Oct 11, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Found a solution by myself!:victory:
I downloaded the update.zip file from firefox.ztems.com (Update package of Android GB for OPEN device) and installed it.
After that I could flash the CWM recovery. It seems to work... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

tpt files for the zte open

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnj3rja7gd54s98/_twgXEkMFH/P752D04_DEV_EU_20131212_v1.2.7z