50+ Hours of Battery Life on my G2!

Search This thread

muffinflesh

Jan 13, 2011
I was easily getting 50+ hours on stock rooted, but so far on grievous my battery life has been terrible. I hope it settles in a couple days or I may go back to stock

Dirtyzecrets

Feb 8, 2014
Here is mine with uninstalled apk's and Flex Rom 1.5

Dont think I have had under 50 hours of battery time since I got my phone.. But the first thing I did was to root it, install custom rom and use the settings and bloatware removal I have always done on my Androids--

Kinda love battery life, it's MUCH better than s4...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
I still don't understand how you guys do it.

I pulled 19 hours for this charge, and only 3 hours SOT. Have all my syncs on for Facebook, Google plus, Google Now, etc.

juggamonkey

Jan 18, 2010
Don't worry man I've exchanged my g2 3 Times. And have never been over 4 hours 30 minutes of sot On any of them. ...only reason I exchanged them was hearing about other people's Battery experience. But I believe the biggest factor brightness which I leave at about 50 percent and signal if you use alotof mobile data

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Don't worry man I've exchanged my g2 3 Times. And have never been over 4 hours 30 minutes of sot On any of them. ...only reason I exchanged them was hearing about other people's Battery experience. But I believe the biggest factor brightness which I leave at about 50 percent and signal if you use alotof mobile data

I keep my brightness at 20 to 30 and hey 5-6 hours sot. I also don't use data much so I'm assuming your right

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
I keep my brightness at 20 to 30 and hey 5-6 hours sot. I also don't use data much so I'm assuming your right

Do you two have Google now and location settings enabled and reporting? I'm going to turn those off and see if they really make up for more than 10 hours of usage. I'll report back tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
this thread makes me wanna cry and explode. how do you guys get this crazy results... this is insane I have done everything in the Android world to get the best battery life. everything you could imagine to improve the battery. but 50 hours ?? noway

Reactions: Sfkn2

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Do you two have Google now and location settings enabled and reporting? I'm going to turn those off and see if they really make up for more than 10 hours of usage. I'll report back tomorrow.

I have Google now off and location to just from device no GPS. Sometimes I shut them since I don't need it much.

I've never gotten 50 hours battery but I do get great screen time. I usually get my phone to lay the day with lots of use then I charge

Reactions: Sfkn2

zvone07

May 20, 2010
Zagreb
The answer is: turn off 4G. And that counts for all of you who can't get decent battery life.
I did it myself and every charge is over 50h and over 4h SOT.
Cheers!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Unleashed1985

Sep 6, 2012
I don't know how some of you get those "bad" results...

I'm on ParanoidAndroid and with deinstalling some apps, low screen brightness, always 3g, a little underclocking and using Greenify and Greenpower apps, I've managed to get a sot of over 10 hours, while being 45 hours of charger...

That's way too big of a difference with some of the results posted here...

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

greyhd

Apr 27, 2012
I always have 4G and get around 40 Hrs and 7 hrs SOT. What I have is greenify apps I have picked when the screen shuts off, location settings is off, google now is off, google is synced every 4 hrs, email sync is off, and brightness is at 30%. You can use tasker or an app lie it to shut data off when the screen is off and only use data when the screen is on.

Spotja

Feb 1, 2013
Johannesburg
I don't know how some of you get those "bad" results...

I'm on ParanoidAndroid and with deinstalling some apps, low screen brightness, always 3g, a little underclocking and using Greenify and Greenpower apps, I've managed to get a sot of over 10 hours, while being 45 hours of charger...

That's way too big of a difference with some of the results posted here...

WTF!!! Dude, what were you using your phone for? Please post some screenshots:D

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

Unleashed1985

Sep 6, 2012
WTF!!! Dude, what were you using your phone for? Please post some screenshots:D

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

Here's proof of my 10 hours sot. I achieved this by not listening to music, no phone calls and no games... Just Facebook, Whatsapp, XDA and surfing the web...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392750491606.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392750491606.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
Turned off location settings, but didn't turn off syncs. Froze most apps. 45 minutes of screen on time at minimum brightness.. 75%..

iamshaked

Jul 28, 2008
65+ hours for me.
pretty much from friday morning, until sunday before bedtime. This was actually using the phone also. minimally but using it.
Regardless, I havent had a phone do this in a VERY long time.
im happy :)

stock everything, i killed off as many stock apps as i could.

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
I have Google now off and location to just from device no GPS. Sometimes I shut them since I don't need it much.

I've never gotten 50 hours battery but I do get great screen time. I usually get my phone to lay the day with lots of use then I charge

ququreza.jpg

egevahus.jpg

I'm doing exactly that. Guess I found the trick, but I like Google now too much to keep it this way.

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Are you guys trying to show off your battery life or what?
Here's mine, sitting there doing nothing. It does not mean it would last long if heavily used though.

Attachments

• 2014-01-19-07-34-47.png
    2014-01-19-07-34-47.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 287

CrashUK

Jul 6, 2007
M8 how about my Samsung s2 is 2 years older. I got 10days 49 mins.

uploadfromtaptalk1392832617582.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I finally got around to messing with my phone, and decided to see what it could really do for battery life! I'll try and be specific as possible about all of the tweaks that I've performed, but feel free to ask any questions as well.

To start out, my phone is rooted and is the Verizon version. Throughout the 50 hours, I was a little more conservative with usage than usual, but not overly so. I also used Titanium Backup to freeze and uninstall system app and VZW bloatware. In addition, I used a utility called 2x Battery that automatically turns off my 4G data when I turn my screen off, but enables it every 15 mins to pull down notifications. I also utilized wifi at home and kept the brightness fairly low (which I didn't find to be an issue because the screen visibility on this monster is great IMO). Another thing that I did was uncheck the 'Wi-Fi & Mobile Network Location in the Location Access Menu.

First of all, here is some proof! 50 Hours, 14 Minutes - With 6% battery left
    elsINI7.png

The following are screenshots from the battery menu of the things that are taking the most battery. In order of how much battery they used, here they are:

Android System (33% battery usage)
    Screenshot 1
    BMdgnYW.png

Screenshot 2
    0CgUnra.png

Cell Standby (15%)
    XYX7G8I.png

Screen (12%)
    l4Hoyyh.png

Android OS (10)
    BMdgnYW.png

Ok, so that is what the top usage on my phone, and I'd like to list out the settings I changed in Titanium Backup. I guess I'll give the generic warning that I'm not responsible for you messing with your phone, and you should make sure you know what you are doing so that you don't brick or ruin your device. That being said, I have seen very little or no negative effects of the items that are listed.

Frozen using Titanium Backup
    Accessories 9
    com.lge.mobilehotspot.ui 1.0
    Email 6.1.3
    Google Play Books
    Google Play Magazines
    Google Play Movies & TV
    Google + 4.1.2.51968121
    Help 4.3.012
    Home Selector 3.0.029
    LG VPN 2.6.1
    Mobile Print 1.1.93
    Music 4.2.5
    My InfoZone 2.2.16
    My Verizon Mobile 10.0.441
    Sync Service 2.9.0.1.52
    Text Link 4.3.11
    Text Link Engine 1.6.2
    Unified EULA 4.0.6
    Unused Apps 1.00.00004
    Verizon Hidden Menu 1.0.0.0505
    VMWare Ready 1.3.2
    VpnDialogs 4.2.2
    VZW SMS Filter Service 1.2
    VZWAPNService 8.0

Uninstalled (Through Titanium)
    Car Home
    Favorite Contacts Widget 4.1.3
    Home Theme - Marshmallow
    LGSetupWizard 4.3.002
    Notebook 4.0.21
    Picasa Uploader
    Polaris Office
    Richnote 4.0.19
    Richnote Widget 4.0.5
    Setup Wizard 1.3Setup Wizard 4.3.002
    Slide Aside 4.0.10
    TextTranslator 4.1.10
    Wireless Storage 4.0.26
    Backup Assistant+ Contacts
    Life Square 4.0.28
    Life Square Log Manager 2.5.42

So I would love to get some feedback as to how people think that we can continue to extend battery life on this already awesome flagship device! A few questions that I have:

Android System is using the most battery. What else can I safely disable to optimize this? Are there any that you see that I froze or removed that I shouldn't have?
    Are there any other hacks that people think would be beneficial to try out?
    What do you guys feel about disabling location services and/or auto-rotate?

Thanks for reading, good luck maxxing out your own battery!
    This is my best sync off all the sensors.of and 40% screen brightness only knock on is enabled :):)

If we are going to turn everything off, why we keep buying this kind of phones? It has no sense

Enviado desde mi LG-D806 mediante Tapatalk
    So basically you turned everything off on your phone a didn't use it? You would get better battery life if you just sold your phone... This thread makes no since

The battery on this phone is pretty amazing. The fact that the phone is still so slim makes it even more impressive.
    this is amazing. going to this from the Gnex will be a breath of fresh air.