[Q] i9505 Wi-fi / Dialler not working

Search This thread

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Just got my phone back from the repair shop and I seem to have messed up its ability to be a phone! Managed to restore a nandroid (seems it was still rooted) but the wifi / calls weren't working ...

The CSC code revealed with so I tried CSC changer from the shop and inadvertently made things worse ... I've ended up with a German CSC and can't get it back to BTU! (CSC changer goes through the motions but can't change it back :eek:)

So I thought I'd try to get back to the main problem, this longer 'CSC' number that gets displayed with *#1234# - it shows both my AP and CP as:
I9505XXUBMEA

But the 'CSC' here is:
I9505OXABMEA

I'm hoping if I can change that I'll be closer to get this phone working? Can anyone help? (NB it's on Android 4.2.2. right now)

Thanks! :laugh:

Last edited:

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Damn, well, still pulling out my hair here. So far I've tried installing the same pre-rooted ROM that got me set up last time I rooted:
I9505XXUBMEA-PRE-ROOTED-ODEX-FULL.tar.md5

No wifi...
Then as I seemed to remember similar problems last time, the following files:
I9505XXUBMEA-MODEM.tar.md5 (via 'PHONE')
I9505XXUBMEA-WiFi-FIX.tar.md5 (via 'PHONE')

All go fine over ODIN, but I still have no WI-FI and the dialler goes blank if I try and make or receive calls! ><

Any help would be much appreciated..

Annunneo

Sep 17, 2013
Have you tried flashing the original stock firmware?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jomtones

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Not sure which one to use! Does it matter? Want to stay on 4.2.2 and keep life simple (seems 4.3+ complicates things) .. but I can't seem to find a 4.2.2 UK ROM (That's BTU, right?)

Can anyone point me in the direction of a stock ROM that I can flash to reset things?

Annunneo

Sep 17, 2013
Glad you got help in the other thread.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
For sure all was ok before you restored ur backup. Dont restore more backups atm:

1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)
8. Attach more problems here if u still having them :highfive:

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 33

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Thanks so much Joku. I've got to step 4 but it doesn't give me a lot of info. Offers firmware upgrade then says :

Current firmware: PDA:MEA / PHONE:MEA / CSC: MEA (DBT)

No idea what this means or how to find relevant firmware in step 5 so any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

For sure all was ok before you restored ur backup. Dont restore more backups atm:

2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Also do I know for sure this is the right (original) firmware? >< so much to learn!
Yeah. You was right. It was very difficult to find coz is an old firmware. I give u the link of what i found: HERE

*EDIT: Continuing step 6:
- Download and unzip this firmware
- It will give ya 2 files. You can delete the .dll
- Put ur phone in DOWNLOAD MODE and conect it to ur pc
- Open ODIN and flash the firmware (like the example in pic attached)
- Wait the process till end and enjoy ur phone again like new

Attachments

• odin4c.jpg
    odin4c.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Damn, not having any luck with this file - I've tried downloading it twice now on different PC's but it fails to write - drops out after aboot.mbn then 'complete(write) operation failed'...

Yeah. You was right. It was very difficult to find coz is an old firmware. I give u the link of what i found: HERE

Last edited:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
So update... found I couldn't flash ANYTHING after the failed stock ROM flash, so I got a .PIT file and flashed that, now the phone boots again at least! Now downloading the Spanish stock ROM suggested by Malyrbu - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52635376&postcount=12236

One question - do these stock ROM files contain a kernel too? Might getting the right stock kernel help fix things?

Thanks!
1. You dont need flash any Spanish stock ROM. Flash only the one I was telling you. I downloaded the DBT firmware and works perfect for me. OTHER LINK -> HERE
2. The firmware i told ya (DBT) contain STOCK Kernel too.

Last edited:

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Weird, tried it a few times on different PC's now. Will try redownloading from your new link, thanks!

1. You dont need flash any Spanish stock ROM. Flash only the one I was telling you. I downloaded the DBT firmware and works perfect for me. OTHER LINK -> HERE

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
*sigh* well I still couldn't get that stock ROM to flash... re-downloaded from your new link and ran it again, fails in the same spot! Not sure what's going on... might try that Spanish 4.2.2.? If it would fix my wifi problem I could then go ahead and add a custom ROM, right? :crying:

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Well, Spanish ROM borks too! >< ... looks the same as the other one you sent. If it's any help, I can see in tiny red text on the S4 screen -

SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 3, Binary : 1

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
Ah f*ck, I think I may have borked phone stock flashing by trying to install a higher firmware ROM when I first got the phone back... not sure but when I google the SW REV CHECK FAIL that seems to be the problem people have.

Dunno what's going on... when I get the phone to boot after flashing PIT again it says Android Version 4.2.2 in the 'About Device'... but I still can't get WIFI to work ><

jomtones

Jul 18, 2007
London
OK I think I may have sussed out why it's not working. Really sorry for the confusion but I think I screwed things up right at the start, and then didn't remember ... one of those dumb things you do playing with your phone late at night. The first ROM I tried to flash, right after getting it back from repair, was a 4.4.2! .... I had no idea what a big deal that was ><

SO ... thankyou for bearing with me this long! Feel like such an idiot right now. I guess then that some fundamental thing has gotten changed by the ROM I tried then (it was this one ). DOH!

As I understand it, there's no going back now and I'll have to stick with 4.4.2 - please correct me if I'm wrong!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried flashing the original stock firmware?

3. Conect it to Kies 3
    Also do I know for sure this is the right (original) firmware? >< so much to learn!

So update... found I couldn't flash ANYTHING after the failed stock ROM flash, so I got a .PIT file and flashed that, now the phone boots again at least! Now downloading the Spanish stock ROM suggested by Malyrbu - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52635376&postcount=12236

One question - do these stock ROM files contain a kernel too? Might getting the right stock kernel help fix things?

Thanks!