[OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 for i9505

Search This thread

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S4
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Installation

Upgrading from CyanogenMod/unofficial LineageOS without wiping

• Download the EXPERIMENTAL and NIGHTLY builds using the download link below
  • Install the EXPERIMENTAL build, without wiping anything.
  • Reboot into Android
  • Reboot back into recovery
  • Install the NIGHTLY build, without wiping anything.
  • Enjoy LineageOS!

First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Galaxy S IV:

• Flash a custom recovery via Heimdall or Odin
  • Push GApps (arm) and the Lineage 14.1 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the Lineage 14.1 zip from SD card
  • Flash GApps from SD card
  • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS:
  • Update your recovery - Lineage Recovery will be done automatically, TWRP can be downloaded from here (NOTE: you need 3.0.2-2 or higher to automatically install updates in Lineage 14.1)
  • Push the new Lineage 14.1 zip to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
  • Reboot

Downloads

Reporting bugs

Bug reports belong on JIRA. See our wiki for more information on using JIRA.

I do not check this thread regularly for bug reports. Using JIRA makes tracking down & debugging bugs a lot easier. Feel free to use this thread to discuss bugs, though

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
See how to submit a bug report for the appropriate place to report your bug (NOTE: the majority of bugs need to go in the BUGBASH tracker, which is only open on weekends).

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs already reported on JIRA. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
Phone Informations
* Lineage version
* Gapps version
What you did:
* Wipe data: y/n
* Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
* Restore with titanium backup: y/n
You're using (if yes write which one) :
* Task killer
* Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
* Non-stock kernel
* Modified kernel settings
* Other mods
Bug info:
* Last version it worked on
* Repro steps
Getting help

You can ask for help on our subreddit, on IRC: #LineageOS on Freenode

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for i9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
side
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-15
Last Updated 2017-04-21

Last edited:

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Italy
Thanks! I was waiting for this :)

P.S. There is an EXPERIMENTAL build for jfltexx? I think it is necessary in order to upgrade from CyanogenMod. Just asking ;)

Last edited:

Mittaa

Jan 18, 2009
Thanks! I was waiting for this :)

P.S. There is an EXPERIMENTAL build for jfltexx? I think it is necessary in order to upgrade from CyanogenMod. Just asking ;)

I tried to dirty flash from Benlue unofficial ROM to this official ROM using TWRP.
I get ZIP Signature Verification Fail and don't know if I dare to turn OFF ZIP Signature Verification :rolleyes:

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S4
@side - So does this replace the "[JDCTeam][7.1.1][12 March]Optimized LineageOS 14.1-Stable1[Dev by Poll]" build ?
No way....!!!
'' [OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1 for i9505'' <---this is one is pure LineageOS ROM ,with no custom tweaks,no custom kernel no nothing.its like the Official CM13.0.it has got all features that LineageOS support

"[JDCTeam][7.1.1][12 March]Optimized LineageOS 14.1-Stable1[Dev by Poll]" <---this is MY rom...my custom rom...my edits...my tweaks...the base of that rom is the official lineageOS.i added some stuff etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Installation

Upgrading from CyanogenMod/unofficial LineageOS without wiping

• Download the EXPERIMENTAL and NIGHTLY builds using the download link below
    • Install the EXPERIMENTAL build, without wiping anything.
    • Reboot into Android
    • Reboot back into recovery
    • Install the NIGHTLY build, without wiping anything.
    • Enjoy LineageOS!

First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Galaxy S IV:

• Flash a custom recovery via Heimdall or Odin
    • Push GApps (arm) and the Lineage 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS:
    • Update your recovery - Lineage Recovery will be done automatically, TWRP can be downloaded from here (NOTE: you need 3.0.2-2 or higher to automatically install updates in Lineage 14.1)
    • Push the new Lineage 14.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
    • Reboot

Downloads

Reporting bugs

Bug reports belong on JIRA. See our wiki for more information on using JIRA.

I do not check this thread regularly for bug reports. Using JIRA makes tracking down & debugging bugs a lot easier. Feel free to use this thread to discuss bugs, though

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    See how to submit a bug report for the appropriate place to report your bug (NOTE: the majority of bugs need to go in the BUGBASH tracker, which is only open on weekends).

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs already reported on JIRA. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Phone Informations
    * Lineage version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps
    Getting help

You can ask for help on our subreddit, on IRC: #LineageOS on Freenode

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for i9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    side
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-15
    Last Updated 2017-04-21
    official 15.1 is coming soon
    more reserved
    @side - So does this replace the "[JDCTeam][7.1.1][12 March]Optimized LineageOS 14.1-Stable1[Dev by Poll]" build ?
    No way....!!!
    '' [OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1 for i9505'' <---this is one is pure LineageOS ROM ,with no custom tweaks,no custom kernel no nothing.its like the Official CM13.0.it has got all features that LineageOS support

"[JDCTeam][7.1.1][12 March]Optimized LineageOS 14.1-Stable1[Dev by Poll]" <---this is MY rom...my custom rom...my edits...my tweaks...the base of that rom is the official lineageOS.i added some stuff etc