[MOD][XPOSED][4.4+] Show Dialpad v1.0

Search This thread

xjcook

Apr 5, 2012
Requires Xposed Framework!

This module automatically shows up dialpad in Google & AOSP Dialer 4.4 (KitKat).

Compatibility
KitKat 4.4+ with Google or AOSP Dialer

Download
The installation can be performed from within Xposed Framework by browsing the repository and finding the Show Dialpad entry. Any updates will also appear there.
Alternatively, the repository entry can be browsed directly at http://repo.xposed.info/module/net.xjcook.xposed.showdialpad

Source code
https://github.com/xjcook/ShowDialpad

Screenshot

Credits
@rovo89 for his great framework
@Could Be Anyone for idea & testing

Last edited:

xjcook

Apr 5, 2012
Any chance of making one for 4.3 JB?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi, dialer from 4.3 JB shows dialpad by default. Which ROM are you using?

Here is 4.3 AOSP Dialer:

And here is 4.4 Google Dialer (by default dialpad is hidden):

Finally Google Dialer with dialpad up (this actually does my module automatically):

Last edited:
Reactions: xstt and skull47

BobZombiE

May 1, 2012
The first time, i opened up 4.4 dialer , i said WTF !!! :(
but not any more with great job you have done :good:

bad.bid

Mar 15, 2011
Itahari
hard to find numbers

when i have to call my wife's 'home' number, i have to tap phone, tap dialer, tap her name first two letters, and THEN tap her contact icon to bring up her 3 numbers (after a brief pause) and then dial

phew.

could this mod also add the feature to list ALL numbers related to a contact when the name is dialed by t9?

and BTW, i'm using tytung's Nexus HD2 4.4.1, can i utilize your mod in it?

your mod seems to solve half of my problem

Bid

xjcook

Apr 5, 2012
when i have to call my wife's 'home' number, i have to tap phone, tap dialer, tap her name first two letters, and THEN tap her contact icon to bring up her 3 numbers (after a brief pause) and then dial

phew.

could this mod also add the feature to list ALL numbers related to a contact when the name is dialed by t9?

and BTW, i'm using tytung's Nexus HD2 4.4.1, can i utilize your mod in it?

your mod seems to solve half of my problem

Bid

Sorry, this is not easy to mod because in Dialer 4.4 when you click on dialpad button (does automatically my mod) other content is visible but, you can't directly tap on contact icon. It would require change a lot of things in Dialer app. After exams when I will have free time, I can try first modify Dialer app and then utilize it by Xposed MOD.

Can you add these two options too - Flip to silent and full screen caller image instead of half screen?

I don't understand what you mean by 'Flip to silent'. Full screen caller image you can activate in GravityBox or by Fullscreen CallerID Xposed MOD

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
Flip to silent means flipping the phone to silent the call. Yes, I know that full screen caller image is available in GravityBox, infact even Flip to Silent is there in GravityBox but for some reasons I don't wanna use GravityBox. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xjcook

Apr 5, 2012
Flip to silent means flipping the phone to silent the call. Yes, I know that full screen caller image is available in GravityBox, infact even Flip to Silent is there in GravityBox but for some reasons I don't wanna use GravityBox. :)

Okey thanks. There is always possibility to extract these features from GB and release as separate modules. Unfortunately I don't have time for that now. When I do exams, I will send PM you ;) Did you try mentioned Xposed module Fullscreen Caller?

Reactions: AbhishekS

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010

Get over it. No need for duplicate functions when it exists in another module.

Reactions: remixkilla

Top Liked Posts