Farewell DX2 community! HTC Dinc2, Here I come!!! :D + Tips to score a new phone!

Search This thread

kennyb6

Jan 21, 2012
That wire trick makes wonder

There is something on the x2 I have ALWAYS wondered about and asked about a few times a long time ago.

When you take the battery cover off your x2, and you see the oil tab for the battery, there is a small gold switch looking thing right next to it to the left. I have on multiples occasions pressed it down using a small screwdriver lol. It goes down, it is almost like the connectors that your battery presses against. I have no idea what it is for.
But it just reminds of a switch of some type, and has always interested me to figure out what it is there for....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If what I read correctly In this its for gps
https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com:443/#jive-discussion?content=/api/core/v2/discussions/652659

Droid X2 CM7

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Hmm. I never use the battery door & no issues with anything- gps or otherwise.
So what does the pin supposed to touch? /do?

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
On my ol x2 that metal thing scratched the **** out of my door. Idi what it was but it left a mark on the inside...

Btw some one re-did my moto-devil avatar. I helped him s-off and he decided to redo it for me. Looks a lot more refined imo. My sub par Photoshop skills were shot down real fast lol plus after helping people for like 5 hrs with s-off, I pretty much doubled my thanks :D
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Last edited:
On my ol x2 that metal thing scratched the **** out of my door. Idi what it was but it left a mark on the inside...

Btw some one re-did my moto-devil avatar. I helped him s-off and he decided to redo it for me. Looks a lot more refined imo. My sub par Photoshop skills were shot down real fast lol plus after helping people for like 5 hrs with s-off, I pretty much doubled my thanks :D
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

The little pin I'm taking about didn't touch the battery door tho.

a6f82a74-3747-59ed.jpg

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
That's the one I'm talkin bout it does look youll have aa lil scratch on your battery door it doesn't look lik it touches it but it does

Droid X2 CM7

yeah my scratch isnt that big but it is noticeable. btw my Rezzy took a BAD nose dive today :( screen has 3 huge cracks going across. thank God for insurance lol

Last edited:

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
yeah my scratch isnt that big but it is noticeable. btw my Rezzy took a BAD nose dive today :( screen has 3 huge cracks going across. thank God for insurance lol

Wow that sucks, how far was the fall?

With it being rooted and unlocked how yah gonna go about getting a replacement? Through HTC OR VERIZON?

lfkiter

Nov 1, 2010
Well guys, my Rezound just showed up from FedEx...now time to tech out with it...if you are tired of your x2, try and call vzw and ask nicely about an early upgrade...

Sandso9

Jun 5, 2010
IL
Seems way too late and hardly worth it now, but I added a shout out to ashclepdia in the OP! I read the first few para's and noted a renowned character missing from the list of shout outs...

Sandso, though you weren't in the original list, I added you long back when I saw your post, which reminded me...

alright cool haha :p

lfkiter

Nov 1, 2010
Well, day 2 with the new Rezound, and so far so good. I got a Incipio case for it, and it added a bit of bulk, but I can live with it. I was sort of sad when i deactivated the x2, might just keep her and let the kids use it for games and stuff..the 2 things that impressed me the most with the rezound were the screen and the camera, which are both big upgrades from the x2...:)

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
SCORE!!!

I did everything you said to do and my HTC Dinc2 is on it's way! The Tech Support tried to get me another X2 since I've only had 1 replacement and I kept pushing until it she gave in. Thanks Lite :D

y0himba

Sep 16, 2008
In a house.
www.y0himba.net
I wouldn't count it as a score. The Dinc2 is slow, and not even half the phone that the DX2 is, and was may well before. Also, you need to downgrade it to root it. Not very customizable without root.

I didn't so much better however. I got the Droid 3 as a replacement after 3 DX2s failed on me. The Droid 3 is easily rooted and very customizable. Also almost the same specs as the DX2. It is ugly though, and it has a hardware keyboard.

Droid 3 runs seriously nice though. Smooth and fast.

Sandso9

Jun 5, 2010
IL
I wouldn't count it as a score. The Dinc2 is slow, and not even half the phone that the DX2 is, and was may well before. Also, you need to downgrade it to root it. Not very customizable without root.

I didn't so much better however. I got the Droid 3 as a replacement after 3 DX2s failed on me. The Droid 3 is easily rooted and very customizable. Also almost the same specs as the DX2. It is ugly though, and it has a hardware keyboard.

Wow I tried my hardest to get a droid3 and I've had 6 dx2's. Oh well I'm done with that phone now so I couldn't care to much now.

Sent from Xoom

kingsway8605

Apr 26, 2010

I have owned both phones, and the inc2 beats the x2 hands down in real use. It is the extra RAM I think.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2

As a person who also owned both the DX2 and the Dinc2, I do feel that it is misguided to discredit the DInc2 without thought. While I do agree that there were some situations where the DX2 was faster I say the Dinc2 is a better device as a whole. I wish I still had my DX2 so I can compare them side by side. I sometimes wonder if the DX2 was faster in doing something I was just doing on the Dinc2. For instance, on really big websites, the Dinc2 spends some time rendering the webpage, during which period the page is blurry. I don't remember seeing something like that on the X2. But then, I never had my Launcher lagging TOOO much on the Dinc2 either, unlike the X2...

Today, I tried opening some big webpages, and once they were loaded they responded very quickly and rendered perfectly, no blurring. And due to having more RAM, it can multitask better and definitely has better music capabilities. It is definitely a better all rounder, though in some special cases the X2 may be better. Overall, I can see myself using this phone till my official upgrade date in April '13, whereas there was no way in hell I would've used the X2 till then. Sure it was a bit of a compromise to go to the Dinc2 from the X2, but a compromise worth making I believe.

XGrinder911

Aug 29, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Im thinking of downgrading to the dinc, having a phone that force closes a simple music playing app is not good in my book.
Wish I could at least get another daul-core though.. /: (Rezound <\3)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Statutory Warning : This post is SUPER long! May cause delusions, dehydration, rage towards Motorola and/or VZW or depression! For those who can't withstand this post, skip to the end for a one line summary.

So it has been over 8, dreadful and painful months with the DX2. And to dull this pain, I had you guys to follow and read up on. Great devs and their ROMs, Pepperm1nt, Nitro, the_guy_who_made_liberty (Oops, I dunno the name of the guy), Ryman222 for his Molten (which incidentally was my first ROM) and then comes mastafunk, aceoyame and the one and only Dragonzkiller!!! He was THE guy who let me have hope over the last few months (of course, with respect to my phone! If he was the sole reason I'd have hope in my life over the last few months then something is SERIOUSLY wrong with me... :p).

There are many others like Moonshadow, TransX2, TravisdroidX2, iBolski (who was the inspiration for my BBB Moto attack), gaad0701, antp121 , Sandso9, ashclepdia(OMG! How did I forget you!:eek:) ad infinitum! All of you guys helped me have fun around in these forums and gave me numerous thanks as well. I am very grateful to you and will definitely miss you when I leave. So I'll still pop in every now and then so that I don't completely miss you guys!

Anyway, coming to the actual news! I got a Droid Incredible 2, currently being shipped by VZW with a back plate and a battery as well! Swell! Here is how this happened.

Over the last 1-2 weeks, I got very active in pursuing my Moto and VZW complaints. So, many phone calls, emails and chats have been exchanged. But in short, nothing significant emerged. Then I heard people complaining to VZW and getting a call from an engineer and being offered a Gnex!!! :eek::eek::eek: Naturally, I was jealous, but also inspired and motivated to attack VZW to score a new phone.

I got a call from VZW in response to my online complaint. I seized this opportunity to get in touch with a Tech support rep and elaborated and bemoaned about my phone's countless issues. She was sympathetic and TRIED to check if I could possibly get a different phone. Unfortunately I couldn't. BUT she said something that intrigued me! She said that I did not hit the threshold that would make me eligible to getting a different phone. I was told that I needed to order ONE more DX2 replacement device before I can get a different phone. You see, I only ordered one replacement so far. So I hatched a plan.

I ordered a second replacement DX2 (making it the third DX2 I had, the first being the one I purchased and the second and third being the replacements). I ordered it yesterday and I received it today.

Then, I didn't waste anytime tinkering and checking this phone. Instead I activated it and immediately called VZW claiming that this phone had all the issues my previous 2 phones had as well. They lied to you (Moto and VZW) so why not you lie as well! :p :D I told them I was not happy and that I was sure that getting another DX2 as a replacement will not help either as it seems to be an issue with all Droid X2's. I added that I was told if I had issues with this phone too, then they may be able to offer me a different model. She looked into it and said, YES, they can offer me a different model!!! :D :D :D Huzzah! Success, finally!

I went through the process and was told that I can have either the HTC Dinc2, the Motorola Droid 3 or the older Samsung Fascinate. Samsung fascinate!? Bleh! :eek: No thank you! Droid 3!!!??? :eek::eek::eek: Are you ****ing serious!!!??? It is like from one hell to another!!! :p :D Not only does it have a locked Bootloader, but it is not even confirmed to get ICS as of now! Plus, I will not go for Droid 3, purely on moral and ethical grounds. I will NOT be doing business with a company that plainly doesn't give a **** about its customers, like Motorola!

On the other hand, HTC has unlocked the Bootloader for the Dinc2 AND it has added Dinc2 to its ICS upgrade list!!! :eek::eek::eek: :D :D. Plus as per XDA forums, Dinc2 has LOADS of ICS ROMs. Now that is my sort of company!

So sign me up for a HTC Droid Incredible 2 I said to the customer care rep. And she did.

To others wanting to ditch this phone and get a new one like me, the following are some tips and tricks.

1. Complain to VZW. CALL Tech Support: 866-221-4096.Tell them all the faults of your phone you can think of. Refer to this list if you need help : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24528918&postcount=12

2. Tell them that you checked online forums and it appears that ALL DX2's have this problem. So, request them to give you a different device.

3. Now, if you had one or less replacements so far, you MAY not receive a different device. Still, try your best to push for it by stating the systematic issues with it and claiming that ALL DX2's have it. No harm in trying. If not, do what I did and order a replacement DX2 first. It won't cost you anything and you can order another replacement the very next day once you receive this one.

4. After you crossed the threshold of 2 or more replacements, repeat Step 1 and 2. Clearly mention that you have talked to a customer rep previously and that they told you that if you are still facing problems with the device, and if you have had significant replacements (the magic number is 2) then you can be considered/will be eligible to get a different device. Even though this may not have happened, the fact is true and I can confirm it. So, no harm in claiming that you were told as such. Repeat that you are sure and 100% positive that the problem won't be solved by a replacement DX2 and that you really want a different device.

5. After the VZW rep agrees, which I believe he/she will and should, go through your replacement options, choose the device you like best and proceed with ordering it as a replacement. Thank your lucky stars you reached this step. Go to your favorite church/temple/mosque/other spiritual place and pray/donate/do social or community service if you got REAL lucky and got a Gnex or may be even a Razr (though it is Craparola's Razr!!!)

6. Once your device arrives at home, close your eyes and return Craparola's DX2.

7. Profit! :D :D :D :p :) Sit back, relax and enjoy your new phone and the new found freedom it provides you!!!

The end!

Once again, I am glad I made SO many friends in this community. I am grateful for the entertainment, fun and thanks you guys gave me! I will pop in regularly and check up if Moto did anything right OR if you guys got CM9/ICS via DZK, some other dev or Moto!!! :eek::eek::eek:

May you survive this ****storm and hopefully emerge victorious by making Moto do what you want or be bailed out, like me, via VZW!

Cheers!!! :D:D:D :cool::cool::cool:

TL;DR? Well read this: Pained by Motorola and its DX2, I got bailed by VZW. Got myself a HTC Droid Incredible 2, yippee and Woohoo!

No need. The ICS ROM is pre-rooted and has superuser on it. I am not sure of other ROMs but I feel why won't they be rooted... Anyway, we have permanent CWM thanks to S-off and all other stuff, so if a ROM is not rooted (unlikely) just install a su zip. I saw it once in some sticky..

@T3CH9ICIAN: D3 has an ICS ROM. It also has more RAM so that is a plus. I think it is decent and most importantly, it is NOT tegra 2 but Qualcomm processor so that should probably help too. I am not a big fan of Tegra anymore (though I have the Transformer Prime with Tegra 3)... I feel Qualcomm makes better chips. Waiting to see what Snapdragon 4 does...
    I will be doing this on Tuesday when my replacement comes. I think I was too nice to them when I yelled at them on Thursday.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Make sure you threaten to punch them in the throat
    That ALWAYS works
    I mean who wants to get punched in the throat?? That **** hurts and then u can't breathe on top of it.
    (Kidding, but it would be pretty funny if that's all we had to do lmfao)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Happy HappY Clap Clap :D:D:D:D:D
    Congrats, and farewell

I warranty alternatived my X2 in June to the Inc 2(toooo small, and battery was poor) then called up one night after HTC/Verizon's push of 2.3.3 to the Inc2 and it removed the alarm clock from the phone, I was just calling for a simple fix, nothing more...LOL...REALLY ;)
    The PTA (tier 2 rep) said "how about a Droid Charge?", I said I'm sorry I cant afford a $299.99 upgrade right now, he said "No, for free" I accepted and the rep remarked my account so I could go to a store of my location to set up the LTE account, I did so, and at my VZW store they did the account and handed me a brand new Droid Charge, which I was amazed at.
    The PTA did say, "well, you've been a customer since 2001, never missed a payment and we value that, to ensure our customers are happily satisfied!!!"

I thought the dude was drunk for sure, maybe a dinner conference and one to many drinks...IDK

But, after calling 3 more times about that phone I went back to the X2, 4G is wicked fast, but the phone didnt keep up, so after a back and a battery they sent me another X2. It's been 3 more replacements since that Charge to X2 transactions, I spent 2 hours a week ago pleading with them offering money for a Bionic over a Droid 3(which had been pulled from VZW after 3 months of sales) and the Inc 2 although snappy and nice, was just to small for me.... I'm getting up there in age and my eyes love the larger screens , so my next option in calling VZW back is def getting my Upgrade, not another Warranty Replacement Alternative... VZW says "We cannot replace a 3G device with 4G device, which is fu__ing BS, I then say "Look at my remarks around July, YOU and OR YOUR EMPLOYER VZW gave me one, so stop pissing me off with your "policies" LOL

Best of luck to ya man, enjoy your phone.

PS next time have them remark ur account that you are entitled to a replacment alternative and go to your VZW store then tell them ur account is remarked, they will give you the phone, and no mailing ;)

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Question, I take it your not a fan of Moto? Seems that way with your Avatar
    ;):D;):D;):D

bahaha yeah when i get my reZound tomorrow ill record me smashing my dx2 against a wall :D
    after much *****ing and crying to VZW, the lady offered me an early upgrade. not much to be excited for bc my contract was up june 18 but this weekend... the rezound is 50$. ordered and on its way! i told her all my problems with the phone, she asked her supervisor if i could get a different replacement. after she said no, (never had a replacement before) i asked if i could get an early upgrade. she said she had to ask her supervisor and 15 mins later she said i could! i then asked of i could have a free rezound she said no :( but i decided to spring because, well, I HATE THIS PHONE :mad: !! should be here by Tuesday if all goes well AND... i have off this week so a LOT of time to tinker. 50 bucks for one of the best vzw phones NOT made by CRAPorola? sign me up anyday. i guess this is goodbye dx2 family :eek: thanks to all the great devs we have (DZK, Ace, Nitro) the modders (motcher, MoonShadow, skwoodwiva) the themers (hedwig :D) and the all around good people in this forum (Ash, Litetaker, BreatheALittle) ill pop back in every once in a while just to see if moto shapes up :) Good Luck in all your endeavors and hope you all are able to move past this phone :D

PS: Breathe i hope you do get the Rezound, that way we can fight, i mean share our passion for hockey some more lol

Good for you mate! I couldn't have gotten an early upgrade as my upgrade is April next year! Will thank you tomorrow as I ran out of thanks for today!