What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Search This thread

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.

mjben

I wont use the ICS roms like AOKP or CM because there always seems to be something that doesn't work that I consider important to my personal daily use. I find it quite impressive that the roms have more customization that anyone could possibly use, but something that I need every day like VM or video recording wont work properly. And then there are the little things like volume and light levels or audio routing. I mean, there always seems to be something wrong with them, something that affects my normal minute by minute use of the phone.

further, I don't understand why the google apps aren't built-in. No, it's not that hard to download and flash the gapps, but at the moment I'm trying to do just that and the link isn't working- so no gapps for me, so no AOKP for me either. (yeah, I was going to give it a try).

lastly, white for the calendar background is about as enjoyable to look at as much as burlap makes for a choice undergarment material.

Reactions: zman519

epicnoob66

Mar 1, 2012
I like stock CM 9 beta 3, but I keep going back to the Nyan kernel for the voodoo color. Anyone else?
am I the only one that wants to see voodoo on Cm 9

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
I like stock CM 9 beta 3, but I keep going back to the Nyan kernel for the voodoo color. Anyone else?
am I the only one that wants to see voodoo on Cm 9

Not me. I would much prefer a kernel as awesome as Nyan without Voodoo Color. Sure, while it does make the colors juicier and the backgrounds smoother, it's not as natural to me. The screen is much darker and if you try to brighten it, it seems almost washed out. I've tried it and have tried many different settings a bunch of people recommend, and maybe it's just me but I really hope they don't include it in any ROM. Considering that CM9 is meant to be an improved "stock" experience for all, the idea of changing the color contrast is too controversial. Many will like it, many will hate it. But for now, they should just keep what they have as most people don't seem all that upset about it. If you are, than just flash Nyan Kernel.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
The people('s ROM) is stopping me..

too many updates and needed fixes for me on CM9, plus the lack of 4g and/or battery life....

Sent using FTL technology from the resurrection ship.

AproSamurai

Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
The people('s ROM) is stopping me..

too many updates and needed fixes for me on CM9, plus the lack of 4g and/or battery life....

Sent using FTL technology from the resurrection ship.

All other things I understand fully, so I can't sway your opinion(not that I would try) but 4G in CM9? When I last checked it's working. Do you not have it in your area?

marx1201

Sep 21, 2010
I used CM9 about a week on my SGS. I had some minor problems, but the worst think was, that my battery drains like hell. About 14h of normal ussage and that think was dry like a stone!
Now I'm back on MIUI Mintberry, I miss some ICS features but that Rom is stable as hell!

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
I wish some one would figure out how to get the touchwiz camera working on ASOP ROMs. There's a Sony camera that works on our phones & a few HTCs that I have tryed it out on. IMHO samsungs camera & the left right swiping are the best parts of touchwiz & the left right should be added to ASOP by now, NOT saying the Epic dev teams have to, its just suprizing to me that NO one has done that.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
I wish some one would figure out how to get the touchwiz camera working on ASOP ROMs. There's a Sony camera that works on our phones & a few HTCs that I have tryed it out on. IMHO samsungs camera & the left right swiping are the best parts of touchwiz & the left right should be added to ASOP by now, NOT saying the Epic dev teams have to, its just suprizing to me that NO one has done that.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

Could you post a link to those apps

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I like CM to much will stick with 7 and keep trying each release of 9.

Um I played them all and Cm9 has more bugs and the latest release won't even call people. Or call audio whatever. Quite Frankly AOKP has better battery life plus it laggs less. Its your choice I'm just saying I used to be a CM fan boy. Not anymore.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: Naddict

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Um I played them all and Cm9 has more bugs and the latest release won't even call people. Or call audio whatever. Quite Frankly AOKP has better battery life plus it laggs less. Its your choice I'm just saying I used to be a CM fan boy. Not anymore.

try the people('s Rom) you wont be sorry!

MДЯCЦSДИT

Nov 21, 2010
Kenny, can you please delete all posts until about when beta3 talk starts?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.
    Punctuation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 4.0.4
    I'm new to this so bare with me I recently rooted and am running cm9 beta3 and the reloaded update but right after the reloaded update I'm not able to access mass storage when conected to pc and on phone I get "unfortunately ui has stopped" any suggestions!

Don't use reloaded then. Run cm9 the way the devs built it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4
    Oh and Marcus you owe me a TWNyan.
    Me takes you into the android police for bribing an officer(Mod).
    You have the right to silence your phone, anything you type or code will be used against you in a court of technology, you have the superuser right to have a...... U get the joke tried to do all the miranda rights but its not that funny.

Shoulda said "Anything you type or code will be used in open source.".

Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2