Search This thread

craven667

May 11, 2011
Yeah just need diffent ruu for xe all the rest is the same I am tmob

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium

kahn.666

Apr 20, 2012
still bootlooping after flashing the stock RUU

i was using ARHD 6.6.2 with the firmware provided by mike1986. but last night my battery totally drained nd when i got home i put my phone on charging for a few hours, when i tried to turn it on, it started to bootloop where it turns on and shows the htc logo with white background for something like 30 seconds and then restarts and repeats the cycle.

downgraded the firmware to 1.17 as u said and then flashed the stock ruu from the link u provided but my fone is still stuck at the splash screen and restarting :confused:

one more thing i can access the hboot by holding the volume down+power key but when i try to enter the recovery the same bootloop happens (htc logo shows up and then the phone restarts)

craven667

May 11, 2011
OK run 1.45 ruu will bring phone back as long as you can get to hboot and fast boot all is not lost
http://www.4shared.com/file/risaQet4/RUU_Pyramid_HTC_Europe_1454012.htm
Oh you have to be cid 111111 or ruu won't work but htc--0011 for update

On phone some keys/words not right

Last edited:

kahn.666

Apr 20, 2012
thanks for the quick reply.
i already got supercid and ran the 1.45, installed successfully but still stuck at the splash screen :( did the installation again just to make sure everything went ok
now the top line in hboot says "locked" and version is 1.18 sumthing
its frustrating :(

Last edited:

craven667

May 11, 2011
OK that's good that's stock firm
What's ruu say when you run it did it complete

craven667

May 11, 2011
try again cid 111111 take out SD card sum card run ruu and then see if it completes and let boot up
After ruu boots fast anything over 3 min not working

Reactions: kahn.666

kahn.666

Apr 20, 2012
hey after all the frustration (and trying everything out there in the forums) i tried the 1.45 ruu installation like 5 times and finally it worked :D

now following your steps to get to ics ;)

**and ya for those out there who have their fones stuck at bootloop just make sure u have enough juice in ur battery and keep trying the 1.45 firmware with hboot 1.17 mine worked after 5 tries**
and finally hit the thanks button for craven667 ;)

thanx for the help mate, i thought i would have to use this fone as a paper weight :p

craven667

May 11, 2011
Naw but you had some setting that just didn't want to change

uhweepee

Jun 13, 2012
Ok, I had the boot-loop problems too (tested with cm 9 & aokp 38) and a friend found this thread. I'm a bit afraid of just installing a new firmware. Right now I have the feature:

backup the original system
test the rom, doesn't work
restore original system
everything works, no brick

When installing new firmware I might lose this step back? I'm not very deep into this but I guess that my original system must fit with firmware like this, right?

Right now I have an older HTC sensation (bout 1 year old now), which tells me at the CWM this:

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.17.1111
RADIO-10.14.9035.01_M
eMMC-boot
Jun 2 2011,22:31:39

The phone carrier is vodafone (europe) and I guess it's simlocked at this time (except s-off / rooting I haven't changed anything)?

So, what will happen if I install the new firmware like the original poster craven667 suggested? Will I be able to run the original HTC system again if something doesn't work with another rom? I'm really confused and feel very scary after those bootloops...

Anyway, thanx for this thread, for me this is new hope for changing the rom (I really don't like the original one but it might be better to always get back to it).

UWP

craven667

May 11, 2011
when you root and install clockworks mod you never lose anything if you do a back up
but there are roms and img so theres always a way to fix it

uhweepee

Jun 13, 2012
Ok, I'll try it again: The original ROM will test the firmware of the cellphone at boot time? Or does it not? If this happens, my backup of the original rom would be useless, I'd never get it to work again with new firmware. And I don't know how to get the old one installed again, I don't even know how to get the old firmware out of the cellphone. I guess there's no way of a "firmware backup"?

I guess I don't understand the complete boot process: what starts when and what depends on what?

Yeah, you can call me a coward, but after having the bootloop with the other ROMs I really was glad to get back to the original HTC system. This is a feature I don't want to lose.

Thanx!

UWP

craven667

May 11, 2011
If you are s-off I can send a file that roots updates all in one but its on you some phones are hard to get to 3.32 I had one hell of a time

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

mabz2k

May 30, 2008
Just wanted to say a big Thank You to Craven for the instructions and files. I just realised I needed the latest version of 4ext Touch Recovery to install the latest Android Revolution otherwise i get boot loops again if it hasn't been mentioned already. Also I used a sd card with no partitions if that makes any diffrence at all.

4ext updater apk was a free download from the 4ext website incase anyone wanted to know.

Just installed Virtuous Inquisition and working great. :highfive:

kahn.666

Apr 20, 2012
hey man this method worked two times for me buh now again my sensation is bootlooping and tried this method for like 20 times and still cant fix it :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok i got litle bit from all over no clue who posted it dont care just telling you how i fix my phone
    i tried to get 3.24-3.32 firmware on it and wouldnt go ketp boot looping
    or any problems your having installing O.T.A update
    i was asked why host files on 3rd party cuz i got sick of none working ones i know the ones i got posted work

Firstly - you HAVE to be running 1.50.401.1 to use this OTA file. and 1.17 firmware If you're on ANY other build it wont work
    firmware can be found here for 1.17
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767

You also have to be 100% stock (e.g. NOT rooted). If you are running a custom ROM you HAVE to use the http://www.4shared.com/file/risaQet4/RUU_Pyramid_HTC_Europe_1454012.htm RUU to get back to stock but you HAVE to leave the phone S-OFF. THIS RUU IS NOT FOR XE

Xe is here if you can get link to work i am not hosting this file http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a...00U_10.15.9035.02_2_release_214840_signed.exe

I made my CID HTC__001 but some are better with 11111111http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300 "step 4" i used HTC__001

1. You're now running stock gb 2.3.3 with Sense 3.0
    2. download the 3.32.401.5 OTA file from HTC http://www.4shared.com/zip/SKaYUBFP/OTA_Euro_3324015.html . You do NOT have to rename the file
    3. Put let this.download
    4. turn phone on load it all the way UPDATE IT WITH O.T.A 2X FIRST IS NOTHING SECOND IS 1.50 AND WILL LET YOU UPDATE TO 3.32

5. find file from step from 2
    6. Copy the file to the root of your SD card
    7. Turn your phone off and turn it back on whilst holding the volume down button.
    8. Select 'Recovery' from the menu to enter the stock Recovery. If CWM loads up, stop now and flash the RUU again
    9. When you get to the screen with the red ! on it, hold volume up and press power. It will say 'cant open cache/recovery/command' and then bring up the recovery menu
    Select the option to apply an update from your SD card and then select the OTA file
    7. Wait the 10 minutes or so for it to flash
    8. When prompted, reboot the phone

above was edited form poster as to what i did

12. onec you flash the 3.32.401.5 OTA file from sd card
    boot 100% you will have 2.32 at this point but not done
    flash http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459767
    second list for HTC__001
    13.download CWM recovery http://www.4shared.com/zip/QJPydsPo/PG58IMG-recovery.html remover recovery from name then paste to sd root and flash img
    or 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.4 RC 1 if you can find img
    14. now you can got back to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300[/url] "step 4"and super CID if you like for keep what you got

your done !!!!!!!!!!!! time to flash again

"this rom will not have superuser and/or be rooted pick from below to gain root or find a rom
    you can now flash
    "Revolution HD™ 6.5.1" by mike1986
    "[xXKingsRomXx]***Endo-Sense 4.0
    "☆ b l a c k I C E _ 5 . 0 . 1 ☆ \__/ _ [ICS 4.0.3][Sense 4.0]
    "Virtuous with Sense 4.0
    and what may come next
    again this is what i did and may help you guys looking to get to 3.32 that gets boot loops
    after new rom installed if it hangs reformat sd card thanks to xXkingsromXx for last little push to get me in with 4.0
    on a side note i want to say to anyone having trouble there are some here willing to help and some sending people to google i was sent to google and thought i post the work around i did
    carrier dont matter when you play with cid
    but yeah tmob will work
    Bumped again

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
    I am on tmob with 3.32

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium