[Q] Nexus 10 stuck on Google logo

Search This thread

Hoygl3n

Nov 8, 2012
Hi I've done stupid thing for myself:
i tried flashing 4.4.2 stock rom. coming from 4.2 (i think) did the usual format data/cache. then rebooted then it loops on google logo. I can go to recovery mode.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So are you rooted? Custom recovery? Looking to flash stock? What bootloader do you have? Ota flash? Fastboot flash?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Hoygl3n

Hoygl3n

Nov 8, 2012

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So more info will help, usually the more info you give the faster your issues can be fixed
Are you in bootloader mode? I take it your using windows, what version? Has adb or fastboot ever worked before? When you type
fastboot devices
You get nothing? Can you post a screen shot of terminal, of environmental variables? Are all proper drivers installed? Does anything pop up in device manager when tablet is plugged into USB while in fastboot, recovery or os? Are you using factory USB cable?

Hoygl3n

Nov 8, 2012
So more info will help, usually the more info you give the faster your issues can be fixed
Are you in bootloader mode? I take it your using windows, what version? Has adb or fastboot ever worked before? When you type
fastboot devices
You get nothing? Can you post a screen shot of terminal, of environmental variables? Are all proper drivers installed? Does anything pop up in device manager when tablet is plugged into USB while in fastboot, recovery or os? Are you using factory USB cable?

sorry about that.

im in fastboot mode with power and both volumes pressed. i can also go into recovery mode TWRP v2.5.0.0
also rooted and yes windows 7 64 bit. recovery mode or fastboot mode . it doesnt recognized my nexus.
not sure if i have the right drivers. i cant find any drivers to download for nexus 10
Does anything pop up in device manager when tablet is plugged into USB while in fastboot, recovery or os? - No
and yes im using nexus 10 OEM cable.

i really appreciate the time to help me out with this issue.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Its no problem,
The SDK should have the drivers you need, or you can install the universal drivers made by koush or a number of others as well. Just Google search or a search xda for terms like
Nexus 10 drivers
Universal android drivers
Android naked drivers
You will find many that will work just fine for you
If in cmd you type
fastboot
And you see a list of commands than you know you have it installed
When you type
fastboot devices
And you see your serial number your good, if just a blank line then you need to get tab to communicate, this is most often a driver issue. If you can't find ones that work let me know and I'll link some to you, also you may need to uninstall old drivers and than manually install new ones, windows doesn't always do the best job of picking the correct drivers

Hoygl3n

Nov 8, 2012
Its no problem,
The SDK should have the drivers you need, or you can install the universal drivers made by koush or a number of others as well. Just Google search or a search xda for terms like
Nexus 10 drivers
Universal android drivers
Android naked drivers
You will find many that will work just fine for you
If in cmd you type
fastboot
And you see a list of commands than you know you have it installed
When you type
fastboot devices
And you see your serial number your good, if just a blank line then you need to get tab to communicate, this is most often a driver issue. If you can't find ones that work let me know and I'll link some to you, also you may need to uninstall old drivers and than manually install new ones, windows doesn't always do the best job of picking the correct drivers

finally found the driver that works and now

i get R32D2009DAT

Im assuming thats serial number whats the next step

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Google search
Android factory images
Here you will download the correct one, latest manta for the nexus 10
Then extract the contents of the zip
Now if you want to keep custom recovery that's a good idea but if you want KitKat you will need stock or at least update to the newest twrp (as you current one won't flash kk)
So if you want twrp then google search
Twrp recovery manta
And then find the latest image, 2.6.x?
Oh and its a good idea to check md5sum for both the zip from android source and for the recovery image, both will tell you what it should be in download screen and there are many ways to check, just google search
Windows md5
There is both official and none official, I personally use Linux command line and can't recall the name of the program I use for windows off hand
Also note that the following commands will wipe all from tablet, it is good to do this but if there is anything real important back it up first
Now from fastboot, enter these commands
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery
Now find the bootloader image you extracted from the android .zip
fastboot flash bootloader nameofbootloader.img
Now if you want stock find the system image
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Now find the twrp recovery image
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
Here you can boot to new recovery and install superuser or just boot to pure stock, or if you want one of the many great custom ROMs you can boot to recovery and use adb sideload to flash one

Hoygl3n

Nov 8, 2012
google search
android factory images
here you will download the correct one, latest manta for the nexus 10
then extract the contents of the zip
now if you want to keep custom recovery that's a good idea but if you want kitkat you will need stock or at least update to the newest twrp (as you current one won't flash kk)
so if you want twrp then google search
twrp recovery manta
and then find the latest image, 2.6.x?
Oh and its a good idea to check md5sum for both the zip from android source and for the recovery image, both will tell you what it should be in download screen and there are many ways to check, just google search
windows md5
there is both official and none official, i personally use linux command line and can't recall the name of the program i use for windows off hand
also note that the following commands will wipe all from tablet, it is good to do this but if there is anything real important back it up first
now from fastboot, enter these commands
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery
now find the bootloader image you extracted from the android .zip
now if you want stock find the system image
now find the twrp recovery image
here you can boot to new recovery and install superuser or just boot to pure stock, or if you want one of the many great custom roms you can boot to recovery and use adb sideload to flash one

sent from my nexus 4 using xda premium 4 mobile app

never mind its fixed

you are the man!

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are you rooted? Custom recovery? Looking to flash stock? What bootloader do you have? Ota flash? Fastboot flash?

Hi I've done stupid thing for myself:
    i tried flashing 4.4.2 stock rom. coming from 4.2 (i think) did the usual format data/cache. then rebooted then it loops on google logo. I can go to recovery mode.

Read this fourm I just help this user recover from the same thing!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663286
    This will help
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277112

fastboot devices

Google search
    Android factory images
    Here you will download the correct one, latest manta for the nexus 10
    Then extract the contents of the zip
    Now if you want to keep custom recovery that's a good idea but if you want KitKat you will need stock or at least update to the newest twrp (as you current one won't flash kk)
    So if you want twrp then google search
    Twrp recovery manta
    And then find the latest image, 2.6.x?
    Windows md5
    There is both official and none official, I personally use Linux command line and can't recall the name of the program I use for windows off hand
    Also note that the following commands will wipe all from tablet, it is good to do this but if there is anything real important back it up first
    Now from fastboot, enter these commands
    fastboot erase system -w
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase recovery
    Now find the bootloader image you extracted from the android .zip
    Now if you want stock find the system image
    Now find the twrp recovery image
    Here you can boot to new recovery and install superuser or just boot to pure stock, or if you want one of the many great custom ROMs you can boot to recovery and use adb sideload to flash one