[Q] Fully Stock HTC One M7

Search This thread

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
So I have a fully stock HTC One and have spent all night trying to unlock the bootloader. Nothing seems to work I have never rooted this phone, everything I have read makes it seem as if it's impossible. I've tried the adb/fastboot, htcdev, and changing CID methods. Plus I have read of various other ways that already require a root. Which I cannot do seeing how I am still locked and S-ON.

To be honest I'm at the edge and I think I'm just going to give up. I'm on 4.2.2 - hboot 1.54. I was a previous owner of the Thunderbolt which was not a bad phone, I rooted that and everything no questions asked. Although I do remember HTC taking the longest for OTA updates, not a huge fan of HTC.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to unlock the bootloader I will be fine from there. I'm positive I have all the right equipment and prerequisites just not sure if I really am at the end of the road.

Anything useful goes a long way right now.

Thanks.....

Last edited:

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
So I have a fully stock HTC One and have spent all night trying to unlock the bootloader. Nothing seems to work I have never rooted this phone, everything I have read makes it seem as if it's impossible. I've tried the adb/fastboot, htcdev, and changing CID methods. Plus I have read of various other ways that already require a root. Which I cannot do seeing how I am still locked and S-ON.

To be honest I'm at the edge and I think I'm just going to give up. I'm on 4.2.2 - hboot 1.54. I was a previous owner of the Thunderbolt which was not a bad phone, I rooted that and everything no questions asked. Although I do remember HTC taking the longest for OTA updates, not a huge fan of HTC.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to unlock the bootloader I will be fine from there. I'm positive I have all the right equipment and prerequisites just not sure if I really am at the end of the road.

Thanks.....

what exactly is happening when you try and unlock the bootloader?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

Thanks.....

Is urs the AT&T One? Then the bootloader unlock process is different. If urs is the standard international SIM unlocked, then ideally you should see a splash after you run the bootloader unlock command, which prompts you to unlock the bootloader. Please state what exactly ur issue is when u try to bootloader unlock

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
I'm with Verizon but it just gives me a 1 line error message doesn't run through anything else or load up anything. I type in "bootloader oem unlock" or whatever after clearly identifying my device is connected with "adb device" and nothing happens. It takes about 0.14 sec and says something along the lines of "[ERRORR] ......" after running again it takes 0.00 sec and says same thing, I can screenshot if you think it would be more helpful.

Please help, I appreciate both responses. Just really want this to work.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
I'm with Verizon but it just gives me a 1 line error message doesn't run through anything else or load up anything. I type in "bootloader oem unlock" or whatever after clearly identifying my device is connected with "adb device" and nothing happens. It takes about 0.14 sec and says something along the lines of "[ERRORR] ......" after running again it takes 0.00 sec and says same thing, I can screenshot if you think it would be more helpful.

Hahahaha Verizon is REALLY REALLY BAD when it comes to dev. support. Ideally, you shouldn't be posting this in this forum. Post it on the Verizon forum. But, I can help you.
http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

Download the package. Extract the zip and run the 'soju.exe' program. Please read ALL the pre-requisites mentioned in the instructions tab.

P.S. From next time if you're asking for help, please state that you're on Verizon

Reactions: xxshererxx

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
Hahahaha Verizon is REALLY REALLY BAD when it comes to dev. support. Ideally, you shouldn't be posting this in this forum. Post it on the Verizon forum. But, I can help you.

Download the package. Extract the zip and run the 'soju.exe' program. Please read ALL the pre-requisites mentioned in the instructions tab.

P.S. From next time if you're asking for help, please state that you're on Verizon

Worked like a charm, but now I am having trouble with the recovery portion of all this.

I have downloaded and installed the TWRP Manager app and then went to install the recovery and it said my device is not supported, this same problem happened with CWMR.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Reactions: xxshererxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

Worked like a charm, but now I am having trouble with the recovery portion of all this.

I have downloaded and installed the TWRP Manager app and then went to install the recovery and it said my device is not supported, this same problem happened with CWMR.

I think you'll find more help here: http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one