[Q] playlists on the gear 2 music player

Search This thread

jtaudiodesign

Jul 10, 2013
Is there anyway that anybody has figured out to make a playlist on the gear 2 music player? I use my gear alot at the gym and connect it to my bluetooth headphones but all the music I sent to the my gear is just one big alphabetical playlist. Is there any way to either make a playlist on the gear or even reorder the songs the way I want as opposed to alphabetical order because that sucks bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

primo523

Jun 18, 2011
I was wondering the same.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

dominoid

Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth
When you're in the music player, press the top right icon to get to the now playing list and then press top right again you'll get a list of tracks on the watch, you can scroll to playlists, albums, artists and folders here so it definitely supports playlists to some degree but there's only 4 default playlists of recently played, recently added, most played and favourites. You can add tracks to favourites by holding down on them in the tracks list and selecting "add to favourites" so it seems you can use favourites to create one single playlist but you can't set an order as far as I can see so the tracks will still order themselves alphabetically by artist.

If you hook it up to the computer there is a playlists folder but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've copied m3u and pla playlists into both the music and playlists folder to no joy. You can create new folders within music and use the folders menu on the watch I suppose but that's gonna put them in alphabetical order so I guess the only way to make a playlist on the watch work in anything but alphabetical at the moment would be to edit the id3 tags of your mp3s to make them all appear to be on the same album. The existance of a playlist menu and playlist folders is a good sign though I assume.

Reactions: primo523

jtaudiodesign

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks dominoid I do indeed appreciate the help. It may not indeed fix our problem totally but its a great start maybe in a future update they will fix this. In the mean time at very least I can make a favorites playlist just for thr gym until someone figures out another way. Needless to say thanks for info on the favorites playlist I was unaware of it :good: edit......However I did figure out after playing around with it that when you put songs in your favorites playlist it doesn't put them in alphabetical order it puts them in the order you put them in the playlist meaning the first song you put in there will be last in the playlist and the very last song you put in the playlist will now be first. So although it may be tedious and time consuming it technically is possible to put one playlist in the order you like.....better than nothing I suppose.....thanks again for your help

Last edited:
Reactions: primo523

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you're in the music player, press the top right icon to get to the now playing list and then press top right again you'll get a list of tracks on the watch, you can scroll to playlists, albums, artists and folders here so it definitely supports playlists to some degree but there's only 4 default playlists of recently played, recently added, most played and favourites. You can add tracks to favourites by holding down on them in the tracks list and selecting "add to favourites" so it seems you can use favourites to create one single playlist but you can't set an order as far as I can see so the tracks will still order themselves alphabetically by artist.

If you hook it up to the computer there is a playlists folder but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've copied m3u and pla playlists into both the music and playlists folder to no joy. You can create new folders within music and use the folders menu on the watch I suppose but that's gonna put them in alphabetical order so I guess the only way to make a playlist on the watch work in anything but alphabetical at the moment would be to edit the id3 tags of your mp3s to make them all appear to be on the same album. The existance of a playlist menu and playlist folders is a good sign though I assume.
    Thanks dominoid I do indeed appreciate the help. It may not indeed fix our problem totally but its a great start maybe in a future update they will fix this. In the mean time at very least I can make a favorites playlist just for thr gym until someone figures out another way. Needless to say thanks for info on the favorites playlist I was unaware of it :good: edit......However I did figure out after playing around with it that when you put songs in your favorites playlist it doesn't put them in alphabetical order it puts them in the order you put them in the playlist meaning the first song you put in there will be last in the playlist and the very last song you put in the playlist will now be first. So although it may be tedious and time consuming it technically is possible to put one playlist in the order you like.....better than nothing I suppose.....thanks again for your help