[2014.11.10][ROOT] adbd Insecure v2.00

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
adbd Insecure lets you run adbd in root mode if your device is rooted.

(Note that if you are running a custom kernel, it is likely that it already implements this functionality)

If you are running a stock (made by the phone manufacturer) kernel on your device, chances are adbd is running in "secure" mode, even if you are rooted. This app lets you run adbd in "insecure" mode, which gives you root access in "adb shell", allows access to system files and directories through "adb push/pull", and lets you run the "adb remount" command to make your /system partition writable.

Of course, your device must already be rooted for this to work. It may not work with "S-ON" devices and locked bootloaders.

This app does not make any permanent changes to your device - a reboot will undo any modification. That's why there is also the option to enable this feature at boot.

Note that if you have USB connected when the app activates or deactivates adbd root mode, you may need to unplug/replug the cable or run "adb kill-server" on your computer before adb will work again.

Download

Download from Google Play

The Google Play download is not free - it costs about a beer (thanks!). The download listed below is 100% the exact same program, but free. Please consider supporting my work :)

REDISTRIBUTION IS NOT ALLOWED
(no posting on other sites, no cooking into your ROMs, etc)

(The download is free for now, but I reserve the right to pull it at any time)

( 1.0: 3616; 1.1: 3527; 1.2: 8582; 1.30: 35699 )

Attachments

• screen-1.png
    screen-1.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 93,572
  • adbd-Insecure-v2.00.apk
    734.6 KB · Views: 381,188
Last edited:

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu

segv11

Mar 19, 2012
So this saves me the trouble of typing "su" and "mount -o rw,remount - /system" in the shell? I just bought you a beer to save typing the long mount command. Enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: HaKDMoDz™

SifJar

Jul 30, 2009
So this saves me the trouble of typing "su" and "mount -o rw,remount - /system" in the shell? I just bought you a beer to save typing the long mount command. Enjoy.

As I understand it (which could be wrong), it's for devices where that command won't work. It makes that command (which I believe is pretty much the same as "adb remount") work on those devices.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
No, that command does actually work, prefixed with "su". In fact, all of the things mentioned are still possible with su, inside adb shell, even without adbd insecure, on one of the devices this program is made for.

The thing is, say you want to pull something from a location thats "protected", you'd first have to shell into the device, "su", move it to a location accessable to adbd, logout of the shell, then adb pull. Push ? Same thing, other way around.

Same thing goes for a large number of commands, you can skip the entire "su" part needed on some devices.

Everything this enables is still possible on every rooted device, it just saves you quite a bit of typing (and hairpulling) for those who do not have adb running as root. If you use adb as much as I do, this is absolutely something you want.

On the other hand, if you're the occasional adb user only, you may not know what to do with this - and then this is not for you :)

Last edited:

segv11

Mar 19, 2012
Everything this enables is still possible on every rooted device, it just saves you quite a bit of typing (and hairpulling) for those who do not have adb running as root.

And saving all that typing is why many of us will be buying Chainfire a beer through the Play Store.

CoD.<D.J.>

Nov 24, 2011
jaipur
I used this app on my galaxy y gt S5360 running stock kernel with secure adb. But when i patch for insecure adb my computer doesn't recognize my device. I have already tried everything you mentioned. My computer recognises my device after unpatching. If you can plzz provide the solution for it.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

soulbkd

Jun 14, 2010
East Java
I just installed it on Galaxy SCH i509 which is already rooted but the boot.img is untouched (I'm using stock ROM).

When I clicked on Enable insecure adbd, the USB debugging status (on insecure adbd panel) was automatically disabled, but when I go to system's Setting>Application>Development>USB debugging remain checked. I toggled it off and back on with no effect.

How to correct this?

Reactions: kidcrazie

dateno1

Oct 15, 2010
it make

some problem with some program

i notice it when i try to take screenshot by qtadb

if i enable it i can't take any screenshot by qtadb

also i can't use desktop notifier(usb) and qtadb at same time (when i try run qtadb desktop notifier is disconnected by it if this is enabled)

i use qtadb 0.8.1 on windows7 64bit ultimate (sony z138)

Last edited:
Reactions: kidcrazie

cheetooh

Sep 1, 2008
great app but i am just wondering how long it takes to finish the adbd patching? any idea anybody?

_JKay_

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
Is there a version of adbd Insecure that does not break adb install ?
On JB on SGS3 I have to unpatch adbd before I can use Eclipse to install and debug my apks.... else I get a permission denied when adb tries to install my package..

toy4x4xda

Mar 15, 2012
VA
Nice app works well... I've been resetting the line in local.prop file then rebooting. Ever since I rooted, I have been looking for a way to just restart adbd into root mode without rebooting the phone. Could you explain to a noob what this app does to achieve this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adbd Insecure lets you run adbd in root mode if your device is rooted.

(Note that if you are running a custom kernel, it is likely that it already implements this functionality)

If you are running a stock (made by the phone manufacturer) kernel on your device, chances are adbd is running in "secure" mode, even if you are rooted. This app lets you run adbd in "insecure" mode, which gives you root access in "adb shell", allows access to system files and directories through "adb push/pull", and lets you run the "adb remount" command to make your /system partition writable.

Of course, your device must already be rooted for this to work. It may not work with "S-ON" devices and locked bootloaders.

This app does not make any permanent changes to your device - a reboot will undo any modification. That's why there is also the option to enable this feature at boot.

Note that if you have USB connected when the app activates or deactivates adbd root mode, you may need to unplug/replug the cable or run "adb kill-server" on your computer before adb will work again.

Download

Download from Google Play

The Google Play download is not free - it costs about a beer (thanks!). The download listed below is 100% the exact same program, but free. Please consider supporting my work :)

REDISTRIBUTION IS NOT ALLOWED
    (no posting on other sites, no cooking into your ROMs, etc)

(The download is free for now, but I reserve the right to pull it at any time)

( 1.0: 3616; 1.1: 3527; 1.2: 8582; 1.30: 35699 )
    2014.11.10 - v2.00
    - Android 5.0 compatibility

2013.05.23 - v1.30
    - SELinux fixes (SGS4)

2012.12.19 - v1.20
    - Jelly Bean (4.2.x) fixes

2012.10.01 - v1.1
    - Jelly Bean (4.1.x) fixes
    No, that command does actually work, prefixed with "su". In fact, all of the things mentioned are still possible with su, inside adb shell, even without adbd insecure, on one of the devices this program is made for.

The thing is, say you want to pull something from a location thats "protected", you'd first have to shell into the device, "su", move it to a location accessable to adbd, logout of the shell, then adb pull. Push ? Same thing, other way around.

Same thing goes for a large number of commands, you can skip the entire "su" part needed on some devices.

Everything this enables is still possible on every rooted device, it just saves you quite a bit of typing (and hairpulling) for those who do not have adb running as root. If you use adb as much as I do, this is absolutely something you want.

On the other hand, if you're the occasional adb user only, you may not know what to do with this - and then this is not for you :)
    v2.00 released with 5.0 lollipop support
    So, this basically saves us the trouble of typing 'adb remount' ?

No, it *allows* you to run 'adb remount' on rooted devices that do not allow it (which is quite a few).