Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
HTC needs to come off with some darn drivers already

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
HTC needs to come off with some darn drivers already

I don't think its gonna happen :/ they say they the WLAN chip is Texas Instruments and they are proprietary to them, and not for HTC to release. Source code for ics though will come soon :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
I think we should push for the reverse engineer for the drivers because of this.

Yes that's what needs to be done, I think we should post a thread in the android software dev section because I don't think none of the devs here can, not even Texas ice, he said so, its way to complicated

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes that's what needs to be done, I think we should post a thread in the android software dev section because I don't think none of the devs here can, not even Texas ice, he said so, its way to complicated

We could ask one of the devs to post it in the devs special forum and with the right bounty, somebody is bound to do it for us.

dcacklam

Mar 31, 2011
Yelm, WA
sites.google.com
Just a thought - what about a precompiled binary kernel module?

I know that's how proprietary drivers are handled on desktop linux... EG, nVidia's original display drivers were distributed as a binary....

Is it possible to get a ti-wlan.o (or whatever it's called) from HTC (or from the official release) and use it in CM?

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Didn't ...Awesome... Get a device? My wife ran his aosp ics roms on mt4g and they were very solid.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

I dunno, haven't seen 'em around these parts, but if all a dev needs is a device, he/she promises to commit to the job and is the kind that actually produces the work, I don't see why we couldn't dedicate some of the bounty hasoon has been working on to get 'em one.

Sent from a Galaxy Nexus?

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
One thing we could do is contact texas instruments themselves, i tried one time but i wrote to the wrong section. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

G

glacierguy

I dunno, haven't seen 'em around these parts, but if all a dev needs is a device, he/she promises to commit to the job and is the kind that actually produces the work, I don't see why we couldn't dedicate some of the bounty hasoon has been working on to get 'em one.

I swore he dropped by last week...

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
One thing we could do is contact texas instruments themselves, i tried one time but i wrote to the wrong section. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They won't release it, they'll most likely tell you what HTC did, IMO, but it's worth a shot

I swore he dropped by last week...

I haven't really read through things in the past week or two, must've missed it.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Our phones are garbage. Lol

Phone is pretty awesome IMO, if the likes of the g2x that worked without driver source could make it as far as it did, I don't see why ours with some reverse engineering and wrappers can't, it'll just take the right motivation and effort to get the people capable of that to help us.

mrgwap

Dec 19, 2010
Yeah... u guys are pretty awesome with the development work we have so far.... The only think keeping me from selling my phone actually....

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
but in all honesty, by the time our phones get CM10 or any jellybean update, there will be two more lines of phones from htc out, and probably the next nexus phone, and probably another line of Samsung phone, IF WE ever get a true AOSP or AOKP, ICS or JB....good luck without drivers and lack of support from HTC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you read right, the CM team has announced they will work soon on the new version of their Rom. CM9 is still in release candidate status, and their almost ready to jump in on Jelly Bean :)

samsung phones have such cheap build quality though...

Lol, I hear this a lot and frankly I think its misinformed. Mistaking a product that is intentionally built using materials that are lightweight, does not qualify it as having poor build quality. I've never owned a Samsung phone, but those I know that do own one, have never complained about poor craftsmanship. Besides, what's the point of having "great build quality like HTC" when their products come off the line with defects? Light bleed anyone? I returned 2 amazes before I settled on this one because of defects with the phone. Talk about great build quality...:rolleyes:
    Our phones are garbage. Lol

Guys/Gals

Thread cleaned...please refrain from flaming.

Cheers
    Whiskey
    Forum Moderator

add me to the list. picking up my s3 on saturday :p