[Q] "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it"

Search This thread

wman2

Apr 27, 2012
Bournemouth
I used CFRoot and Odin to root my Galaxy S3 i9300. It seemed to go OK but when I open SuperSU it says "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" I have tried to install SuperUser but that also says the SU binary isn't installed.

What has gone wrong? Do I need to run the Odin process again?

Thanks.

qwerty12

Jan 21, 2005
(*Europe).London

Ah, right. Odd, 'cause if the SuperSU application was installed from the SuperSU ZIP then it means it should've installed the su binary too. (Sometimes flashing CF-Root doesn't trigger SuperSU install and you have to manually reboot into recovery mode.)

You could try reflashing CF-Root or just use CWM recovery (which should be there since you used CF-Root) to reinstall the SuperSU ZIP (CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip).

wman2

Apr 27, 2012
Bournemouth
Ah, right. Odd, 'cause if the SuperSU application was installed from the SuperSU ZIP then it means it should've installed the su binary too. (Sometimes flashing CF-Root doesn't trigger SuperSU install and you have to manually reboot into recovery mode.)

You could try reflashing CF-Root or just use CWM recovery (which should be there since you used CF-Root) to reinstall the SuperSU ZIP (CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip).

I just retried the root with Odin, same result. I do have ClockworkMod Recovery so I will try to flash it with that.

Reactions: reddevil84

wman2

Apr 27, 2012
Bournemouth
I flashed the zip with CWM and it flashed fine, and fixed the problem! I have now installed and used successfully TriangleAway.

Many thanks!

Beatsleigher

I used CFRoot and Odin to root my Galaxy S3 i9300. It seemed to go OK but when I open SuperSU it says "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" I have tried to install SuperUser but that also says the SU binary isn't installed.

Thanks.

If you haven't got an SU-binary, you can't install SuperSU or SuperUser, no su - no root. Download Siyah Kernel (S3 - http://gokhanmoral.com) download latest kernel for your firmware (ICS or JB) and lash via Odin..

Then you (should) have root and SuperSU should be pre-installled :)

Hope I could help!

LG familyguy59/Beatsleigher

club72

Apr 27, 2012
Super SU

Hii,
I have the same problem , I use odin and everything ok but when i open SuoerSU it says "here is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" .

I have tried several time ando alwaus the same .

Please, can somebody help me. thanks

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

How can i use "CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip" . What i have to do ?????

Reactions: dixan43

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hii,
I have the same problem , I use odin and everything ok but when i open SuoerSU it says "here is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" .

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

AS ABOVE .

Flash through CWM recovery ..
Basics first not after a flash .

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927113

jje

whiterocker

Jan 25, 2013
Flash Superuser isntead

Hii,

You can always try to flash Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip (Google it!). I found out that SuperSu doesn't work with all devices. Sorry for not attaching the link, but I am a new noob here, Can't post them correctly yet.

ecthatsme

Feb 4, 2013
Tried this

Hi everyone... I just tried rooting my galaxy s3 and this mesage came up... but i used the simple rooting way on mac. Using terminal... So I don't know what the whole CWM and all that is.. I just want to know why the hell this isn't working for me ="(

acestars

Mar 31, 2011
I found solution by copying /system/bin/.ext directory from flashable zip version into phone.
1. download flashable zip version of SuperSU.
2. extract zip.
3. using adb shell create directory .ext inside /system/bin/
4. push .su file inside /system/bin/.ext from flashable zip
5. chmod 6755 the .su file
6. run SuperSU and you can update su binary
7 reboot

Reactions: ffxx68

tafo.ahmad

Jul 31, 2012
i have used framaroot to root my note 2, and i have the same problem,what should i do, (ididn't know alot about adb)

merlinlcb

Mar 4, 2013
Try reflashing rom or firmware

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

My previous post is only a last resort in case you have no alternative routes that work
i know that it is a no brainer thing to simply re flash firmwares but It has ALWAYS worked for me

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

If you haven't got an SU-binary, you can't install SuperSU or SuperUser, no su - no root. Download Siyah Kernel (S3 - http://gokhanmoral.com) download latest kernel for your firmware (ICS or JB) and lash via Odin..

Then you (should) have root and SuperSU should be pre-installled :)

Hope I could help!

LG familyguy59/Beatsleigher

you can simply flash a rooted firmware ;)

JustGoWild

Apr 13, 2013
Glasgow
same problem here i was told by a fair few people that you have to install busy box first then super user or supersu then try and root the phone with odin or another third party rooting app is this right?? if it is do you have to install the apps in order or can you install anyone first? thanks

greg.stephen

May 6, 2013
It's very hard to do...

acestars: I found solution by copying /system/bin/.ext directory from flashable zip version into phone.
1. download flashable zip version of SuperSU.
2. extract zip.
3. using adb shell create directory .ext inside /system/bin/
4. push .su file inside /system/bin/.ext from flashable zip
5. chmod 6755 the .su file
6. run SuperSU and you can update su binary
7 reboot

Could you put a tuto pls....?

thanks

Last edited:

greg.stephen

May 6, 2013

Attachments

• philZ.png
    philZ.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 2,072
Last edited:
Reactions: N30t3a and imgtah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.
    ok for Supersu binary.
    I copied UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip into my sdcard:

[03.03.2013] SuperSU v1.25
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

and I booted in recovery mode.
    and I installed UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip.

and now I can open SuperSu.

bye
    steph

great kernel philz:good:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1877270

I just retried the root with Odin, same result. I do have ClockworkMod Recovery so I will try to flash it with that.
    Super SU

Hii,