[Q] Galaxy S4 goes into Factory Mode instead of Download

Search This thread

mnguyenz

Mar 5, 2014
When I turn off my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500) and push the volume down, home button and power button to go into Download Mode I get a purple text that says Factory Mode and shows this:
工厂模式(Gōng chǎng mó shì)=factory model
完整测试(Wán zhěng cè shì)=complete testing
单项测试(Dān xiàng cè shì)=single testing
测试报告(Cè shì bào gào)=test report
清除e MMC(Qīng chú e MMC)=Clear/Remove/reset e MMC
版本信息(Bǎn běn xìn xī)=Version Information
重启手机(Chóng qǐ shǒu jī)= restarting the phone

(I got the translations off of another website as I was browsing around for answers)

I really want to root my S4 and I can't root it unless I can access my download mode. Is there another way I can access the download mode on a unrooted S4 or if I could get rid of this Factory Mode menu that shows up?

Also, why is my S4 showing this instead of download mode?

mnguyenz

Mar 5, 2014
Awh man, so there is pretty much nothing I could do besides just being stuck with what the stock Android that comes with it?

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Awh man, so there is pretty much nothing I could do besides just being stuck with what the stock Android that comes with it?

There may be ROMS for your phone but you won't find them here as this is for the Official Samsung Galaxy S4. Yours is completely different in every way.
If you bought it at a premium price as a Genuine S4 I'd be hitting up the seller for a refund!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

dmc7337

Nov 12, 2013
Is this correct?

Sad to say but your s4 is a clone device. Not the original GT-9500

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

I have the same Factory Mode screen on an old Samsung Galaxy Ace and no matter what I do cannot get into download mode. Bought the phone on ebay and it looks like it originally came from Chine Mobile. Is it right that this Factory mode screen means the phone is a clone and not an original.