Any daily Infuse users left?

Search This thread

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
Just out of curiosity, I know this phone is a bit "dated", how many of you are still using your Infuse on a daily basis?

I owned a few higher end Android devices, switched to prepaid and the iPhone, and then switched to an Infuse.

These forums have obviously died down, but I was curious about whether it was due to many of the devs moving on, or everyone moving on. Lol!

mervinj

Oct 2, 2013
Infuse has been my phone since the last three years. That said, I am waiting for the Nexus 6 which would be my next upgrade. I am still amazed though how Infuse is running 4.4 smoothly

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
Yeah it really is a good device. And it still seems to hold it's own.

The Nexus devices are wonderful. My last contract phone was the Galaxy Nexus. I loved it. Right up until it died completely.

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
I'm glad to see some responses. :) I'm sure the devs have slowed down. That's just the way with this stuff. But, it's still a great phone. It has less issues than my S3 or GNex had.

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
I still run cm11 in my infuse... But anymore it is for my daughters to play with... If this device had a gig of ram it would be running strong.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
I still run cm11 in my infuse... But anymore it is for my daughters to play with... If this device had a gig of ram it would be running strong.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
Absolutely agree. This phone would still be a contender. But, I really an impressed with how smooth it is. I really haven't had any issues.

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
Yeah it's not a heavy gaming device really. Maybe OC'd and tweaked. But all I play anymore is Plague Inc.

Tap'n and Talk'n from my Infuse 4G

RDO_XDA

Sep 6, 2014
Problems with Camera...

Hi all, i'm actually using this phone daily, the stock rom (AT&T Froyo) camera runs smoothly, especially in the video recording function, but i can't get it to work that good with other updates, from Gingerbread/ICS/JB to KitKat it keeps on lagging and freezing constantly, i'm actually using 4.4.2 CyanFox Rom, which i've just loved, but the camera still keeps lagging, how can i fix this?? what kind of apps you guys run to keep the phone running smooth free of lag?

Reactions: bmiles

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
Hi all, i'm actually using this phone daily, the stock rom (AT&T Froyo) camera runs smoothly, especially in the video recording function, but i can't get it to work that good with other updates, from Gingerbread/ICS/JB to KitKat it keeps on lagging and freezing constantly, i'm actually using 4.4.2 CyanFox Rom, which i've just loved, but the camera still keeps lagging, how can i fix this?? what kind of apps you guys run to keep the phone running smooth free of lag?

Even though this phone is still a decent contender, it is going to lag from time to time on JB/KK. They are much larger systems and require more resources. It's amazing that the devs managed to get us such a smooth KitKat experience really.

That being said... I have managed to keep 4.4 running fairly smoothly on mine. First of all, I make sure to fully close out of each app I'm not using. The built in task management in Android is a lot better than it used to be.. But its not much of a help on an older device like this.

If that doesn't do enough for you look around for a stripped down minimal version of CM and a minimal gapps package as well.

If you're willing to stay on top of it and deal with some lag time to time though... Then any of the KK ROMs will be good to run. But, if you want it to be smooth and not have any work arounds or issues you'll want to stick to a more stock ROM.

Reactions: bmiles

darwinzp

Sep 23, 2013
Im really impressed to about this phone. I was using a Xperia SP. The experience with CM11 is pretty awesome, wish the device had 1GB RAM, then it will be a badass.

Im that one type of social network guy, i use the camera very often, in CM11 the camara loss his quality and the focus is not working that well, thast a pitty, but i get used to it.

Cheers.

bmiles

Mar 29, 2014
Yep! Got another user here-- I have been using the Infuse for about a month since I pattern locked myself out of my beloved Atrix without WiFi or USB Debugging on (i do NOT want to factory reset it but am loosing hope for a workaround that actually works :( ) I text a LOT and am seeing a lag now which Im attributing to the texts building up... It has shared internal memory, right? Also do you guys know if it has to be rooted to over clock? Im figuring it does, and still need to do more research into what OC really does, but Im pretty sure all my machines need it! hahaha
Glad to read Im not the last one riding the Infuse train <3

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yep! Got another user here-- I have been using the Infuse for about a month since I pattern locked myself out of my beloved Atrix without WiFi or USB Debugging on (i do NOT want to factory reset it but am loosing hope for a workaround that actually works :( ) I text a LOT and am seeing a lag now which Im attributing to the texts building up... It has shared internal memory, right? Also do you guys know if it has to be rooted to over clock? Im figuring it does, and still need to do more research into what OC really does, but Im pretty sure all my machines need it! hahaha

I'm jumping back on the infuse train, main for play, my daughter to play with, and my music player. The last time I looked at it the battery was low, then I moved, and when I turned it back on, I got a blinking white screen. Figured the battery was dead, I got a new one and now the white screen turns on. I haven't need a jig in a while, so I have one being shipped to me now.

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
Ouch! I did that once on my first device... it really sucks.

The lag could also be caused by things running in the background. Its just not got the umph to handle a lot of multitasking or background processes. But, the lag is usually only for a few seconds from my experience.

If you want to OC you will need to be rooted. You will also need an app like SetCPU or a custom ROM with those settings built in. But, keep in mind every device is different. And never tell it to set on boot unless you've really tested it out, and know your phone will be stable and can handle the frequencies you set. It may also eat the battery like crazy haha!

Once you get the hang of it though adjusting it and setting up profiles can really make your experience more enjoyable.

Did that muddy up the water some more? :p
Im really impressed to about this phone. I was using a Xperia SP. The experience with CM11 is pretty awesome, wish the device had 1GB RAM, then it will be a badass.

Im that one type of social network guy, i use the camera very often, in CM11 the camara loss his quality and the focus is not working that well, thast a pitty, but i get used to it.

Cheers.
If it had 1gb ram I wouldn't need another! Phone for a long time haha! It'd be perfect as a daily driver. The camera issues are a pain sometimes, but I have digital camera and I don't do much social networking.

Have you tried ICS or JB to see if the camera works for you?

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
I'm jumping back on the infuse train, main for play, my daughter to play with, and my music player. The last time I looked at it the battery was low, then I moved, and when I turned it back on, I got a blinking white screen. Figured the battery was dead, I got a new one and now the white screen turns on. I haven't need a jig in a while, so I have one being shipped to me now.

Hey I almost missed you! They make great music players. I run poweramp all night long at work.

Let us know how the jig situation goes.

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hey I almost missed you! They make great music players. I run poweramp all night long at work.

Let us know how the jig situation goes.

I'll let you know.....its weird since I wasn't even flashing anything. The only thing that happened is that the battery died, then when I tried charging it all I got was a flashing white screen.

darwinzp

Sep 23, 2013
If it had 1gb ram I wouldn't need another! Phone for a long time haha! It'd be perfect as a daily driver. The camera issues are a pain sometimes, but I have digital camera and I don't do much social networking.

Have you tried ICS or JB to see if the camera works for you?

You`re right buddy.

Actually yes, i`ve tried ICS and JB, its the same issue, tried to install the camera app from stock GB but i didnt work. Im thinking on testing this Open Camera or this Focal

Yesterday i installed the last nightly from CarbonRom (07-09-2014) and i see a little difference.
Here see some shots.
http://i59.tinypic.com/8z1rx3.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2889u28.jpg

Cheers.

Ragnvaldr

Aug 31, 2014
You`re right buddy.

Actually yes, i`ve tried ICS and JB, its the same issue, tried to install the camera app from stock GB but i didnt work. Im thinking on testing this Open Camera or this Focal

Yesterday i installed the last nightly from CarbonRom (07-09-2014) and i see a little difference.
Here see some shots.
http://i59.tinypic.com/8z1rx3.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2889u28.jpg

Cheers.
I skipped those, so I wasn't too sure. I was going to suggest one of them and the Xposed framework to add some KitKat like features. Haha!

Those are pretty clean looking shots. Though its hard to see through all the saw dust here.

trevytt2004

Sep 8, 2014
Hello to all,

I have recently be given one from my son who does phone repairs.

Moving from a moto defymini with only 165mb of memory, i am very happy.

The phone had a power button issue which my son fixed by soldering a new one.

Phone worked amazing for two weeks til it just started rebooting, so im in a bind now. Have tried the gtgunbrick for odin but still, it boots up to the setup screen and just reboots. My son is stumped with it so ive been looking around at all the forums and youtube vids for solutions.....still no joy but im hoping to get it fixed. The infuse, tho old, still packs a punch and is a cool phone.

all the best

Trevor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problems with Camera...

Even though this phone is still a decent contender, it is going to lag from time to time on JB/KK. They are much larger systems and require more resources. It's amazing that the devs managed to get us such a smooth KitKat experience really.

That being said... I have managed to keep 4.4 running fairly smoothly on mine. First of all, I make sure to fully close out of each app I'm not using. The built in task management in Android is a lot better than it used to be.. But its not much of a help on an older device like this.

If that doesn't do enough for you look around for a stripped down minimal version of CM and a minimal gapps package as well.

If you're willing to stay on top of it and deal with some lag time to time though... Then any of the KK ROMs will be good to run. But, if you want it to be smooth and not have any work arounds or issues you'll want to stick to a more stock ROM.