[GAPPS][CLOSED][5.x] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dandemonic

Nov 29, 2012
Adelaide
Sorry for noob question, i read the OP, but i have some dubts. When i create the .gapps-config file, if i want to remove some aosp application already installed, the procedure that i followed is this:

- i created a text file called .gapps-config
- i putt it in the same gapps folder
- inside the txt file i wrote :
Remove Stock/AOSP Browser
Remove Stock/AOSP MMS ecc...

Is that correct? Or I did not understand anything? Thanks :D

Exclude is the default so you don't need to put anything but the names of the apps you want removed.

For example your text file would only need:

Browser
MMS

If you want to include an app just put Include before the name of the app.

Reactions: michelemascia7

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
ok thanks :) but where I have to write "remove" , "include" ecc for example?
Using "include" will only install core gapps and dependencies and any apps you add so . .

Include
Chrome

. . will only give you play store access and chrome browser . . nothing else.

Also, aosp apps are not affected by "include" so . .

Include
Chrome
Browser

. . will give play store function, chrome, and remove aosp browser.

Brogio

Aug 6, 2012
Colle Val d'Elsa
hi, I don't know exactly what causes it but I currently have installed on my i9300 the second beta of cm12 and the stock version of this GApps and I'm experiencing some random FCs from play movies and I can't use it without it explodes so I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is and if someone else has it too, thanks

designatedd

Dec 7, 2013
San Marcos
stock camera isn't removed by gapps installer

I kept noticing the stock camera would still be there after installing the gapps stock package. I'm not sure as to why and it doesn't really bother me. I decided to look at the logs and it said to post due to the error message. Am I not doing something right or is it someting in the my rom?

Sprint m8
Blisspop

I swear is wasn't removing it. Both asop and google camera have been there since the different gapp packages were available. I have always used the stock package, it removes the most duplicate apps.

Attachments

• after_ruu_pa_gapps_log.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

CyberScopes

Jun 27, 2012
The Underground
I kept noticing the stock camera would still be there after installing the gapps stock package. I'm not sure as to why and it doesn't really bother me. I decided to look at the logs and it said to post due to the error message. Am I not doing something right or is it someting in the my rom?

Sprint m8
Blisspop

I swear is wasn't removing it. Both asop and google camera have been there since the different gapp packages were available. I have always used the stock package, it removes the most duplicate apps.

This also happens to me, but in the faq it says that google camera and keyboard will only install on a clean run. I wonder if theres a way to change this cause i would definitely prefer to have google keyboard/camera instead of the stock ones.

TKruzze

PA GApps Update Announcement

PA GAPPS - DECEMBER 25 UPDATE

DECEMBER 25, 2014 - 20141225
  • Google Play Books updated to v3.3.11 [Stock/Full]
  • Google Docs updated to v1.3.492.11.36 [Stock/Full]
  • Google Sheets updated to v1.3.492.11.36 [Stock]
  • Google Slides updated to v1.1.492.10.36 [Stock]
  • Google Camera updated to v2.4.025 (1636091-30) [Stock]
  • Google Play Movies & TV updated to v3.6.14 [Stock/Full]
  • Installer will no longer remove the /tmp folder upon completion. This should allow subsequent zip updates, flashed in same recovery session, to properly install where they may have failed previously. [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
    - It is highly recommended to make your GApps install, the final appplication installer due to the system size checking routines included in the installer
  • Added additional method to determine ROM Version in case ROM dev uses non-standard methods in build.prop [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
  • Changed CPU detection to use ro.product.cpu.abilist32 in build.prop according to the new standards in Android 5.0 [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
  • Fixed ROM Conflict Warning nessage for /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
    - Thanks to all the users who took the time to report the error message to me
  • Due to several Google Calendar syncing problems reported by users who added Google Calendar AFTER their initial GApps install, Google Calendar can now only be installed FOR THE FIRST TIME as part of a Clean install. [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
    - As with Google Camera and google Keyboard, you can still freely install updates to an existing GApps install and freely install updates from the Play Store.

Merry Christmas! I am currently traveling away from home and am not able to spend much time relying to posts here. I do, however, try to read the thread daily to keep up with reported issues. I will not be returning home until after the first of the year, so there will likely be no further updates until the week after New Years.

TKruzze

Sprint m8
Blisspop

The only reason this could be happening is because your ROM is using a non-standard name for the camera. Please do a debug install and post your debug logs here for further verification. Also, a link to your ROM will help diagnose the issue.

Reactions: drewski_1

fgaurano

Nov 12, 2013
Cagayan de Oro
PA GAPPS - DECEMBER 25 UPDATE

DECEMBER 25, 2014 - 20141225
  • Google Play Books updated to v3.3.11 [Stock/Full]
  • Google Docs updated to v1.3.492.11.36 [Stock/Full]
  • Google Sheets updated to v1.3.492.11.36 [Stock]
  • Google Slides updated to v1.1.492.10.36 [Stock]
  • Google Camera updated to v2.4.025 (1636091-30) [Stock]
  • Google Play Movies & TV updated to v3.6.14 [Stock/Full]
  • Installer will no longer remove the /tmp folder upon completion. This should allow subsequent zip updates, flashed in same recovery session, to properly install where they may have failed previously. [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
    - It is highly recommended to make your GApps install, the final appplication installer due to the system size checking routines included in the installer
  • Added additional method to determine ROM Version in case ROM dev uses non-standard methods in build.prop [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
  • Changed CPU detection to use ro.product.cpu.abilist32 in build.prop according to the new standards in Android 5.0 [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
  • Fixed ROM Conflict Warning nessage for /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
    - Thanks to all the users who took the time to report the error message to me
  • Due to several Google Calendar syncing problems reported by users who added Google Calendar AFTER their initial GApps install, Google Calendar can now only be installed FOR THE FIRST TIME as part of a Clean install. [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
    - As with Google Camera and google Keyboard, you can still freely install updates to an existing GApps install and freely install updates from the Play Store.

Merry Christmas! I am currently traveling away from home and am not able to spend much time relying to posts here. I do, however, try to read the thread daily to keep up with reported issues. I will not be returning home until after the first of the year, so there will likely be no further updates until the week after New Years.
Thanks! :D Merry Christmas!

xda-con

Oct 15, 2009
I'm trying to install pagapps for my LP LiquidSmooth roms but I get every time the "status 6" error when I try to install it. Any solution?

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I'm trying to install pagapps for my LP LiquidSmooth roms but I get every time the "status 6" error when I try to install it. Any solution?

I think that error is usually from a bad download. Check the zip file with a file explorer and make sure it's not a bad zip. If it is redownload it. If you use es file explorer clicking on the zip will automatically tell you if it's bad or not. If it just opens normally then it's fine.

If that's not the issue not sure sorry but I'd start with that

Sent from my VS980 4G

JG

Jun 12, 2012
United States
Hey bro thanks for the updates !Very thankful for the work you do and Merry Christmas to you and everyone here on the thread!!:D

JJGLive

Feb 25, 2014
Why you asking ?
Just want to make sure.... I cannot seem to use push email app on cm12. This is because of the exchange services included in the gapps package.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
Did we lose the browser bookmark sync with lollipop? I don't see it listed in any of the packages and when I install I don't have any Google account bookmarks. I have my account added and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed due to op retirement
    Thread Closing Announcement

After spending some time away from XDA, I have decided to take an extended break from providing and maintaining PA GApps. While I am leaving the door open to a possible return, I will be closing down my threads here on XDA at this time. And, although I won't be closing my XDA account, I probably won't be responding to PM's either.

While I had considered a move to Google+, it became apparent that even though I would have more control over things on G+, more work would also be requried to maintain things to the standard I had previously set here on XDA. Clearly, this is not a valid option for me at this time.

I'd like to thank the regular participants of my threads here on XDA. It was your participation and support that kept me motivated the past two years I've provided this free service and it's my interaction with you folks I'll miss most. Best of luck to y'all and perhaps our paths will cross again.