Development for Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
I just started a new thread, but figured I'd pop in to let people know that the initial source code just dropped on opensource.samsung.com for our new love child, I mean phone.

Reactions: darren.wlsn1

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
Same here.. Same here. Stock firmware with TW will hold me over, but can't wait for some custom roms :)

I don't need a custom rom yet, but I do need root so I can use Titanium Backup to restore my apps and misc other items, as well as freeze the drm services, bloatware apps and apps I do not use, like voicemail.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Well yeah, you'll need a custom recovery first. It's not locked...stock recovery is only compatible with..well, stock lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

dont bother trying to help this guy... #smh....

http://pastebin.com/JyyLPkw1

now bear in mind the root method i was talking about was something i read on here, so my aplogies if that doesnt work but tahts not the point of this convo...

Compudizzal

Jan 10, 2010
Should take a look at Congnitian S2 .. DUDE... now that ROM rocks.. only a few vids on You Tube..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well yeah, you'll need a custom recovery first. It's not locked...stock recovery is only compatible with..well, stock lol

dont bother trying to help this guy... #smh....

http://pastebin.com/JyyLPkw1

now bear in mind the root method i was talking about was something i read on here, so my aplogies if that doesnt work but tahts not the point of this convo...
    Just because we could flash a port of CWM on the E4GT doesnt mean it'll automatically have root.... We'll still have to find an exploit that will give us root access..... Then ROM development and so on would be able to start.... You can flash a custom ROM without having root but it would be pretty pointless.....

No, there is no exploit regarding this method of rooting. The only "exploit" that would need to be found was if the bootloader was locked, and, judging by the history of EVERY samsung phone, it won't be. so yes, it really is that simple.

flash CWM.
    flash su.zip through CWM
    sit down and eat your sammiches :)
    I just started a new thread, but figured I'd pop in to let people know that the initial source code just dropped on opensource.samsung.com for our new love child, I mean phone.
    I Have one in front of me and it is locked. not flashable with update zip. it gets a fail on signatures