HTC Media Link

Search This thread

kmyerslp

Aug 9, 2010
Missouri
It would be better if you didn't need the wireless b/g/n router between your phone and this device. If they both can communicate with the router, why can't the phone communicate to the device directly?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

gmtom1

Apr 11, 2010
Just received the Media Link HD I ordered from AT&T for my E4GLTE. I was surprised that HTC includes an AC adapter and HDMI cable in the box! Looks like it works - now just waiting for my phone to get here so I can try it out.

From what I can tell in the manual, if there's no wireless router available, it uses a WiFi direct signal. I plugged it in, and on the startup screen it showed a private IP address that wasn't from my home router.

kmyerslp

Aug 9, 2010
Missouri
I like the idea of it and now that I know it works as such it just got better. Unfortuneatly, I would always have the phone plugged in to watch a movie or play a game on the tv. I assume the media link streaming a 1080p movie would drain your battery out before the movie ends.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

FattySparks

Jul 14, 2010
St. Louis, MO
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...urer=htc&q_model=prod5890250#fbid=hAwr1oKJP1B

Out of Stock @ this time =(

Will

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Just as an update, Acording to the HTC Website the Media Link is not compat w/ the EVO LTE.

Select the phone and it will tell you

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-media-link-hd-adapter-dg-h200.html

Will

They just don't have it listed because the phone hasn't released yet. The User guide has sections about setting up the Media Link.

Reactions: RegnierD

davilas

May 12, 2012
so for this to work it sounds like your tv not only needs an hdmi port but that it must be able to connect to wifi as well? I was about to purchase this and I have wifi at home but my tv does not have internet connection built in...

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
so for this to work it sounds like your tv not only needs an hdmi port but that it must be able to connect to wifi as well? I was about to purchase this and I have wifi at home but my tv does not have internet connection built in...

The Media Link box needs to be on WiFi, not the tv.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

davilas

May 12, 2012
sweet, what advantages does this have over using a mhl to hdmi adapter? other than this being wireless of course

Top Liked Posts