[App] Meta Widget - Create widgets from website snippets - Now with Widget Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
★ Parse graphs and images
★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
★ Automatic updates
★ User defined click actions
★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

Widget Maker

We also make a companion app called Widget Maker. It allows you to staple together many widgets, including Meta Widgets:

XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688088

Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.widgets

Screens:

Last edited:

b3er

Mar 9, 2011
Hi! Just maked clean XDA theme for my tablet :)

3de8a959b5f5ec8598ad5ba0d45cb976.png

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I've just installed it and I'm trying to use it with a forum, I can't seem to invoke the keyboard so that I can log in. I'm using a Sensation XL running Gingerbread.

Someone else said this was a problem... though we havent been able to replicate it. Does this happen on all sites? Also, which site are you referring to?

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Reactions: arifkpi

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed keyboard issue present on some phones
Fixed image cache optimization (much faster now)
Fixed a rendering issue that occurs if data connection is lost
Fixed a few device-specific issues from user feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: arifkpi

AlkaDragos

Sep 20, 2011
[RO]
This is awesome. Tried to make some widgets, but i don't have so much ideas. Anyway the keyboard sometimes don't work, i must exit and start again, and sometimes back button doesn't go to previous page but exit the widget config. A possible overall preview would be nice(maybe full screen preview) since i make some changes and don't know how the widget will look. Another thing that i noticed is that when i select an element, in selection section it shows on center and nice aligned on every row, but when i put it on homescreen it's just one row after another. Here it's an e.g:

Selection:
---------
###
---------

Homescreen:
-------###------**

Also would be possible to take whole div, not only an element from that? I tried to take a div that contains some text and an image, but only the text was selected. This is a nice piece of work, keep up the good work. :)

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
This is awesome. Tried to make some widgets, but i don't have so much ideas. Anyway the keyboard sometimes don't work, i must exit and start again, and sometimes back button doesn't go to previous page but exit the widget config. A possible overall preview would be nice(maybe full screen preview) since i make some changes and don't know how the widget will look. Another thing that i noticed is that when i select an element, in selection section it shows on center and nice aligned on every row, but when i put it on homescreen it's just one row after another. Here it's an e.g:

Selection:
---------
###
---------

Homescreen:
-------###------**

Also would be possible to take whole div, not only an element from that? I tried to take a div that contains some text and an image, but only the text was selected. This is a nice piece of work, keep up the good work. :)

Hi. Thanks. If you like it, please leave a comment on the play store - at this early junction good reviews will help us spend more time making things better :)

Regarding the preview - its in the works, though it is pretty complex to do. We will use our Prepaid Widget as a template, so you can have a look at that if you want a a preview of how thew preview will look...

Re many elements. ATM its only possible to select one at a time. We are working on an internal launcher which will allow you to move all the elements around. Its slated for release this month.

Reactions: AlkaDragos

AlkaDragos

Sep 20, 2011
[RO]
Hi. Thanks. If you like it, please leave a comment on the play store - at this early junction good reviews will help us spend more time making things better :)

Regarding the preview - its in the works, though it is pretty complex to do. We will use our Prepaid Widget as a template, so you can have a look at that if you want a a preview of how thew preview will look...

Re many elements. ATM its only possible to select one at a time. We are working on an internal launcher which will allow you to move all the elements around. Its slated for release this month.
Review added on market. This would be huge, if you can implement multiple elements. Select one, two ore w/e elements and move them around, awesome!
Just something that i forgot to ask, sometimes it takes up to 150MB RAM, usually 50~60MB isn't a bit much?

Last edited:

swiftinmotion

Jul 25, 2010
San jose
Pretty awesome app. I can't for the kufe of me figure out how to set the widget on my desktop. I assume I need the paid app. Most likely user error I'm just dumb lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

AlkaDragos

Sep 20, 2011
[RO]
Pretty awesome app. I can't for the kufe of me figure out how to set the widget on my desktop. I assume I need the paid app. Most likely user error I'm just dumb lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
It's a widget. Long press on homescreen, search for MetaWidget and start configure it:
- Enter a website, select an element(click on it then use the arrows from bottom to select between multiple elements)
!!! make sure you have the checkbox from bottom-left ticked !!!
- Click on the plus sign near the ticked box to select that element and go to widget preference screen.
- Configure the text alignment, size, background color, w/e...
- Click OK , select widget size then select OK again, and you'r done. :)

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Review added on market. This would be huge, if you can implement multiple elements. Select one, two ore w/e elements and move them around, awesome!
Just something that i forgot to ask, sometimes it takes up to 150MB RAM, usually 50~60MB isn't a bit much?

We will implement multiple elements soon when our widget constructor comes out. Within two weeks the beta will be up.

Re ram - this is because of images. And of course the cache of the webkit browser, which once closed is shunted out of ram.

On modern devices this isnt a problem though...

AlkaDragos

Sep 20, 2011
[RO]
We will implement multiple elements soon when our widget constructor comes out. Within two weeks the beta will be up.

Re ram - this is because of images. And of course the cache of the webkit browser, which once closed is shunted out of ram.

On modern devices this isnt a problem though...
Nice. About the RAM you are right, when the next version will be out, that won't be a problem :D

@swiftinmotion - Check out my previous post, i've rewrite it and added some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

Widget Maker

We also make a companion app called Widget Maker. It allows you to staple together many widgets, including Meta Widgets:

XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688088

Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.widgets

Screens:

Could this explain the errors I have been starting to get when trying to make a widget from:
    http://www5.trafikverket.se/taginfo...aspx?JF=-1&station=74,Sub&arrivals=0&nostat=1
    It renders OK but when I press the button to select text I get an exception in the page that the input string was not in a correct format

Thanks, and good work otherwise.
    I have laughed allot when reading your answers to "bad" customers. I hope I will not be on the ignore list too. :)

//Gunnar

I will have a look later, but most likely my previous post applies. Even people familiar with css wont be able to make it work... ill get back to you.

Arrr widget creator is ready just waiting for some gfx from our designer and it will be out.

Ill keep you all updated.
    Thanks for all of your hard work. This app is amazing.

I would love to see an import/export option though. Or, alternately (if possible), the ability to use multiple elements in the same widget (i.e. create one widget with the xda logo above the site news).

Next week we will release a proper widget constructor, which will give Meta owners new powers :)
    So, as i said, i've made a simple quick video to show how the app works. Didn't used voice or text because i've used cursor to indicate my actions. I used a fast and simple currency webpage, showing the value of EUR and USD directly on my homescreen with a simple click update.

Meta Widget Tutorial for Android

Enjoy! :)
    Hi! Just maked clean XDA theme for my tablet :)

3de8a959b5f5ec8598ad5ba0d45cb976.png