[Q] Stuck in extreme power saving mode

Search This thread

mmcjam07

Sep 2, 2009
Atlanta
I switched on extreme power saving mode because I only had 6 percent battery life left and didn't have access to an outlet. Now that I do have it charging, it wont let me disable it. When I click exit it just says Please Wait (been like that for about 20 minutes). Any idea how to fix this?
I am completely stock and unrooted
I've tried shutting down and restarting

eric00716

Jun 29, 2012
Winder, GA
I switched on extreme power saving mode because I only had 6 percent battery life left and didn't have access to an outlet. Now that I do have it charging, it wont let me disable it. When I click exit it just says Please Wait (been like that for about 20 minutes). Any idea how to fix this?

Only way i can think of is to reboot to bootloader and factory reset. Plug it in your computer to see if you can save your pics and stuff. If you went to a sprint store that is what they would do.

To get into bootloader power off device hold volume down and the power button. Click hboot then factory reset. That should do it.

Reactions: mmcjam07

mmcjam07

Sep 2, 2009
Atlanta
Only way i can think of is to reboot to bootloader and factory reset. Plug it in your computer to see if you can save your pics and stuff. If you went to a sprint store that is what they would do.

To get into bootloader power off device hold volume down and the power button. Click hboot then factory reset. That should do it.

Thanks for the response. After about an hour of trying any and everything to get it working I was able to find a way into the power save settings and disable it from there. Not really sure what happened

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

CV44

Apr 16, 2014
Thanks for the response. After about an hour of trying any and everything to get it working I was able to find a way into the power save settings and disable it from there. Not really sure what happened

For some reason both power saving modes are greyed out & I can't even turn them on, any suggestions?

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
Same thing happened to me I called HTC and we got it into safe mode and when I hit the home button extreme power saving mode pooped up as a homescreen/launcher along with blink feed and nova so I selected nova and no more issues

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Staatus_Quo

Apr 22, 2014
I'm having the same issue, it's been over an hour stuck like this. I went in through the phone to settings down to the High Performance Mode and nothing. I tried Safe Mode, nothing. I went into the power settings through system settings and the extreme mode was grayed out as well. I can't do anything to get it working.

Any other ideas? HTC had no idea what I was talking about and told me to take it back to Sprint.

GXnext

Dec 21, 2006
East Orange
I'm having the same issue, it's been over an hour stuck like this. I went in through the phone to settings down to the High Performance Mode and nothing. I tried Safe Mode, nothing. I went into the power settings through system settings and the extreme mode was grayed out as well. I can't do anything to get it working.

Any other ideas? HTC had no idea what I was talking about and told me to take it back to Sprint.

This thread saved my life! I hope this gets to HTC and this bug is fixed! It apparently has something to do with the extreme power saving mode replaceing your home screen, and not being able to find and set the defult home screen back be it blink feed, or google now launcher ect.

__Mike__

Jun 15, 2014
Get the lastest software update to permanently fix this problem

I also ran into this problem, and was able to fix it permanently by updating the HTC software with the latest Sprint update. I got there by getting into the general setting by back-spacing while in the phone setting (it won't work for other settings). Now when in EPSM window the exit button works as intended (albeit a bit slowly)

rhe12

Jun 4, 2012
This thread saved my life! I hope this gets to HTC and this bug is fixed! It apparently has something to do with the extreme power saving mode replaceing your home screen, and not being able to find and set the defult home screen back be it blink feed, or google now launcher ect.

I turn the extreme power safe mode on every night when I go to bed, and disable it the next morning. I had been doing it without a problem for 2 months and this morning had this problem as well. And the funny thing is, BlinkFeed is not my home screen. Reboot, nothing. Forced reboot, nothing. Anyways, toggling the extreme power safe mode on and then off did the trick for me as well.

drivel2787

Jan 16, 2012
Martinsburg
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Same thing happened to me I called HTC and we got it into safe mode and when I hit the home button extreme power saving mode pooped up as a homescreen/launcher along with blink feed and nova so I selected nova and no more issues

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have the AT&T M8 but I had this issue as well this morning and this thread saved me the headache of figuring it out. Just wanted to say thanks and that dreDrennon... Your POOPS are AWESOME! (read above) :good:

iamramprabu

Dec 12, 2014
Erode
Cant be Exit - Extremen Power Saver mode -

I have HTC Desire 816 rooted Kitkat version. Now my problem is exit extreme power saver mode.
i can enter exit extreme power saver mode. but i cant to exit extremen power saver mode, my another problem is i cant to bootloader, fastboot etc. so i cant to factory reset. now i am stuck with extreme power saver mode,, please help me to exit power saver mode.

jidinho

Feb 6, 2017
The way out of that page is to click call icon, then setting icon, go back and finally put on (again) extreme power saving mode. Then you can easily exit from extreme power saving mode. Thank you! Jide

anilsenkurt

Feb 2, 2013
For those who are having same ussue on htc 10 devices. (cuz i had one just right now)-

Try holding wolume down button right after powering on to get in safe mode. From there you will be able to disable epsm.

*btw whos curse is this, i had this issue when my keyboard started to press ghost input where it a7ctua7lly type5s8 like5 this8 a7nd9 i ha7ve5 to d9e5le5te5 the5 numbers myself lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you get into the power save settings? I wasn't able to when I was stuck in extreme power save mode.

I went to phone, then the menu button, settings, then click the back button on the top right and it will take you into the System Settings

For some reason both power saving modes are greyed out & I can't even turn them on, any suggestions?

I was able to get mine greyed out by going into Developer Options and checking the High Performance Mode option. Maybe yours is checked?