[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 - Motorola Exploit Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

spatel1881

Oct 16, 2010
I downloaded 1.5 program and ran it.. but it failed this is what screen looked like.. Please help me.. I am using mytouch 3g black with Version 1.6 on it.. Please help me with some solution and guide lines

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing rageagainstthecage...
95 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.055s)

OK

chmod rageagainstthecage...

OK

Running rageagainstthecage...
ROOTED

Getting mount path...
/dev/block/mtdblock3
OK

Remounting system with read-write access...

OK

Pushing su...
278 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.092s)

OK

Pushing superuser.apk...
251 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.763s)

OK

chmod su...

OK

Remounting system with read-only access...
mount: Device or resource busy

OK

OK

Device was not rooted!
FAILED

jonmos75

Oct 5, 2010
NMA Error

CLShortFuse, after I have rooted both regular and Shell and try to NMA and I get this error at the end.
To see full log go to post# 461

End Of Log:
Getting settings.db location...
Could not run command with ROTC root.
FAILED

What does the error me? Am I doing something wrong?

I have HTC CDMA Hero Ver 2.1 with the latest software 2.32.651.7

nbs11

Jul 25, 2010
Chicago
for theoretical mac /linux support.

install mono-project

replace the adb.exe including with the adb for your operating system (you'll have to rename it from regulard 'adb' to 'adb.exe')

It should all work (theoretically)

While scripts are all nice and easy to use for mac and linux, it'll fork/break development. I plan on taking it a lot further with the GUI (like reading the phone state and allowing you to check/uncheck applications you want on your phone).
I want all features on all OS's. I've written applications for win32/mac/linux via mono-project compatibility before and it's a lot easier to keep everyone on the same page.

For the time being:
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Assuming this is in reply to the email I sent I agree it is true that having a script version will fork development, but that is not necessarily bad in my opinion. Simply renaming adb to adb.exe will not do anything because exe and a unix executable file are totally different things.

If you would be willing to just release me the ADB commands you send the phone I could at least create a totally different version for mac at least until a usable Mac program exists.

Also elaborating on what a previous poster said many people are having trouble with this program largely because many people are not sure how it works. If you released at least the basic ADB code (not necessarily the source code) it would be able to allow us to troubleshoot it further.

marcelotinoco

Nov 15, 2007
Works on Motorola i1?

Works on Motorola i1?

I have a Nextel Motorola i1 and need to know if this model works ... I wait for response ...

Regards,

Marcelo Tinoco.

CLShortFuse

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2007
Simply renaming adb to adb.exe will not do anything because exe and a unix executable file are totally different things.

It'll work if you use mono to run SuperOneClick.exe.

If you're not sure how mono works. C# appliations are just-in-time compilation (JIT) which means it can be recompiled as long as you have a valid framework for your operation system. It's very similar to Java. Microsoft has made the win32 framework (.NET Framework) and a group of developers have made an open source one that wroks with Mac and Linux.

I'm using the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() command to call an external executable. In version v1.5, I'm looking for a hardcoded string "adb.exe". If you try to run the program in Mac with Mono it'll work fine but it'll look for the adb.exe file. By simply replacing adb.exe with the mac file, (and renaming it to match the string in my application), it'll work.

For example, if I used the command "echo test". It works fine in windows natively and also works in mac and linux (because they natively support the 'echo' command)

You can see more about it here:
http://www.go-mono.com/docs/index.aspx?link=N:System.Diagnostics

Regardless, I recompiled a v1.5.1 for mac and linux support with the code snippet showing how minor and quick the changes were.

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
I downloaded 1.5 program and ran it.. but it failed this is what screen looked like.. Please help me.. I am using mytouch 3g black with Version 1.6 on it.. Please help me with some solution and guide lines

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

95 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.055s)

OK

OK

ROOTED

Getting mount path...
/dev/block/mtdblock3
OK

OK

Pushing su...
278 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.092s)

OK

Pushing superuser.apk...
251 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.763s)

OK

chmod su...

OK

OK

OK

Device was not rooted!
FAILED

In the final check it launches su manually. This might bring a prompt up on your screen. If you don't allow the prompt, the program will say it failed.

nbs11

Jul 25, 2010
Chicago
It'll work if you use mono to run SuperOneClick.exe.

If you're not sure how mono works. C# appliations are just-in-time compilation (JIT) which means it can be recompiled as long as you have a valid framework for your operation system. It's very similar to Java. Microsoft has made the win32 framework (.NET Framework) and a group of developers have made an open source one that wroks with Mac and Linux.

I'm using the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() command to call an external executable. In version v1.5, I'm looking for a hardcoded string "adb.exe". If you try to run the program in Mac with Mono it'll work fine but it'll look for the adb.exe file. By simply replacing adb.exe with the mac file, (and renaming it to match the string in my application), it'll work.

For example, if I used the command "echo test". It works fine in windows natively and also works in mac and linux (because they natively support the 'echo' command)

You can see more about it here:
http://www.go-mono.com/docs/index.aspx?link=N:System.Diagnostics

Regardless, I recompiled a v1.5.1 for mac and linux support with the code snippet showing how minor and quick the changes were.

I guess I don't understand what mono is. Is it basically a cross platform framework for .NET applications? Wouldn't that require the program still being written in a .app format for mac though? Unless it contains some sort of emulator for .exe files, but I already tried running the program inside a wine emulator with a .NET install and it failed. I don't think it has proper access to the USB ports much like Parallels does not work for ODIN or ADB. I could be wrong.

I am still wondering how you actually get the commands to execute through ADB (not the programming of your actual application). For instance if you want it to just copy the update.zip root to the phone then boot into recovery you type:

Code:
cd /SuperOneClick/files/

./adb kill-server

cp root.zip /Volumes/No\ Name/update.zip

./adb reboot recovery
./adb kill-server

how does this work with rageagainstthecage instead of a update.zip root?

If I am not mistaken is it

1. push the rageagainstthecage file to /data/local/tmp
2. chmod the file
3. run the file through the phones terminal

Last edited:

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
I guess I don't understand what mono is. Is it basically a cross platform framework for .NET applications? Wouldn't that require the program still being written in a .app format for mac though? Unless it contains some sort of emulator for .exe files, but I already tried running the program inside a wine emulator with a .NET install and it failed. I don't think it has proper access to the USB ports much like Parallels does not work for ODIN or ADB. I could be wrong.

I am still wondering how you actually get the commands to execute through ADB (not the programming of your actual application). For instance if you want it to just copy the update.zip root to the phone then boot into recovery you type:

Code:
cd /SuperOneClick/files/

./adb kill-server

cp root.zip /Volumes/No\ Name/update.zip

./adb reboot recovery
./adb kill-server

how does this work with rageagainstthecage instead of a update.zip root?

If I am not mistaken is it

1. push the rageagainstthecage file to /data/local/tmp
2. chmod the file
3. run the file through the phones terminal

Here's a thread I made that says how to do it step by step manually
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=797397

.NET Applications are like Java applications (and Android). There's nothing "Windows" hard coded in the applications. Programs aren't actually compiled either. Think of it as being the source code is packed into a single file. When you run the application, every line of code is compiled right there as it's run. This is exactly how java works (and android APK's as well). Before 2.2's JIT, Android would compile the whole application on first run. Now it does it on the fly (just-in-time)

Did you try v1.5.1, btw?

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
Is there a Mac version now? I will try it eventually, but I have Cognition and I am afraid I will screw something up by over-rooting

v1.5.1 has been recoded to support mono for mac and linux and includes the adb versions needed. Just make sure you install mono (link in first post).

There's no way to "over-root". When you click the root button, the phone checks if you're rooted and tells you "Device is already rooted!"

nbs11

Jul 25, 2010
Chicago
v1.5.1 has been recoded to support mono for mac and linux and includes the adb versions needed. Just make sure you install mono (link in first post).

There's no way to "over-root". When you click the root button, the phone checks if you're rooted and tells you "Device is already rooted!"

Oh I will definatly try that out later. Right now I am coding an AppleScript version of the Root/Unroot/Unlock program to see if it can work that way. If it does it can be released as an independent program, because having to use Mono-Project when it is so easy to just have a basic script makes no sense unless you want to use your programs really advanced features. I'll PM you it when I'm done and you can decide what do do with it. The link you sent me does not include how to unroot though. How is this done?

Last edited:

hurstrsq

Jul 17, 2008
Anyone else having wifi issues on the captivate? I loaded 'froyo real' (the leaked one) yesterday and everything was fine. I applied this, and now my wifi cannot obtain an ip address.

Septaric

Oct 16, 2010
I have the G3 My Touch 1.2 the Super User Icon is on my phone but doesnt give my any perrmissions. When I tried the latest SuperOneClick and tried the "Unroot". It said SuperUser wasn't on my phone, even though I can plainly see it. I tried to reinstall in with the newest update and got this.

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

168 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.031s)

OK

OK

OK

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

ROOTED

Getting mount path...
/dev/block/mtdblock3
OK

OK

Pushing su...
822 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.031s)

OK

Pushing superuser.apk...
1025 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.187s)

OK

chmod su...

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

Device was not rooted!

Can you help?

Last edited:

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
I have the G3 My Touch 1.2 the Super User Icon is on my phone but doesnt give my any perrmissions. When I tried the latest SuperOneClick and tried the "Unroot". It said SuperUser wasn't on my phone, even though I can planly see it. I tried to reinstall in with the newest update and got this.

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

168 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.031s)

OK

OK

OK

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

ROOTED

Getting mount path...
/dev/block/mtdblock3
OK

OK

Pushing su...
822 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.031s)

OK

Pushing superuser.apk...
1025 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.187s)

OK

chmod su...

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK

Device was not rooted!

Can you help?

Try rebooting or installing in recovery mode. Also, are you sure your phone isn't asking you to allow superuser?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Septaric

Oct 16, 2010
Wow, I realy was having problems with this page. Please delete this post.

Last edited:

Septaric

Oct 16, 2010
OK I know how to get to the recover mode but how do I install it in that mode? I tried running the SuperOneClick while I was in recovery and got nowhere. I'm also positive the phone is not asking for SuperUser. I tried running "SetCPU" and got this "Set CPU could not obtain root access. Did you allow SetCPU through SperUser Permision? Well the phone never asks for permision.

CLShortFuse

Feb 28, 2007
OK I know how to get to the recover mode but how do I install it in that mode? I tried running the SuperOneClick while I was in recovery and got nowhere.

I've seen Droid 1 users with your issue. They say they got it to work by rebooting the phone. I'll do more checks in my next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SuperOneClick

FOR ANDROID GINGERBREAD AND EARLIER DEVICES

rootedgingerbreak.png

Downloads available at http://shortfuse.org/

v2.3.3
    ------
    Motorola ADB Patching
    Checks for shell root before applying exploits
    Unroot has been fixed to work more reliably
    LG devices no longer need to use alternate ADB

v2.3.2
    ------
    Better LG phone support

v2.3.1
    ------
    Auto driver installation

v2.2 is up!
    zergRush and Superuser 3.0.6 included
    ----------------------------------------------

v2.1.1 is up!

Driver pack comes later!

---

I made it. I tested it. It works. You can get it from shortfuse.org or use the links below (if you're a registered XDA member).

Here's a one-click root with almost all phones and all android versions. (including the i9000, Droid, Nexus One, etc)

YOU CAN ROOT ALMOST ALL ANDROID PHONES! :)

The program requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0+ or Mono v1.2.6+
    Operations systems with native support:
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Ubuntu Hardy (8.04 LTS)
    • Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04)
    • Ubuntu Karmic (9.10)
    • Ubuntu Lucid (10.04 LTS)
    • Ubuntu Maverick (10.10)
    • Debian Lenny (5.0)
    • Debian Squeeze (testing)
    • Debian Sid (unstable)
    • Debian Experimental

If you run Microsoft Windows XP, install .NET Framework v2.0 or above
    If you run Mac or another Linux flavor, make sure you install Mono:
    http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

For more information about making it work in linux:
    See here

You NEED to put your phone on USB Debugging mode
    You NEED to install make sure the Android drivers for your phone are installed
    Make sure you DO NOT mount your SD card.
    If you still can't get something to run, try doing it in recovery mode.

Read me: (READ BEFORE POSTING)
    2/24/2011:
    I registered my website shortfuse.org so you can grab SuperOneClick from there now.

2/22/2011:

Great news. -1Day roots AT&T Motorola Atrix4G!!! YAY!

11/29/2010:

I'm sorry I haven't been updating lately!!! The problem is, I no longer have an Android phone and I can't play around or test anymore. I'm going to see if I can find one on craiglist or ebay.

11/10/2010:
    I finally figured out how to root without looping. After rooting 13 phones, this is how I did it on the first try.

Turn USB Debugging OFF

Click Root

When it says: Waiting for Device, Turn USB Debugging ON

It'll now run RATC

When it says: Starting ADB Server...
    Turn USB Debugging OFF
    Turn USB Debugging ON
    Turn USB Debugging OFF
    All BEFORE it says "Waiting for device..." again

11/1/2010:
    Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to lots of posts. I've been really busy lately with work. I've been reading some posts and I've made some changes in v1.5.2

Let me know what bugs and issues you guys have.

10/17/2010:
    Thanks to all that donated! I was worried for a bit but you guys proved me wrong. So, I fixed the NMA (non market apps) button. It should now install sqlite3 and busybox into a temporary folder if you don't have it. I added an unroot (by popular demand). I did some major code clean up, so you can expect faster releases from here on out. Next version will add sqlite3 and busybox to the /system partition included in root.

If you're having issues with "wait for device" or if RATC is looping, try this
    Unplug your USB Cable
    Go to Settings > Applications > Development
    Uncheck USB Debugging
    Plug in your USB Cable
    Unplug your USB Cable
    Check USB Debugging
    Plug in your USB Cable

10/13/2010:
    I need people with issues to post their device model and if they tried rooting in recovery mode. All posts ignoring the read me will be ignored. (meaning nma complaints and those NAND locked devices).
    I'm getting flooded with replies, PMs and emails. Seriously, try reading a few posts back.
    The program has been downloaded over 5000 times and only 2 people have have donated. I see donations as signs of gratitude. Even if it's 25 cents, please donate.
    When I find the time (and will) I will work on the v1.5 release.
    The rageagainstthecage looping is by design. Bad usb cables and ports can cause ratc to not run properly so I have it loop until it works. The "waiting for device" hang is for the same reason. There's nothing wrong with my application. It's usually your usb cable or port. This is not a cop-out answer. This is not an excuse as if I didn't know why it happens. This has been investigated and the problem is USB connectivity. It happens with my Captivate as well.

10/11/2010:
    Enabling market apps isn't working unless you have busybox installed. I plan to fix this in the next version. The problem is, different devices have different locations for the com.provider.android.settings/settings.db and I was using the 'find' command to find your settings.db location. I didn't realize this was a busybox command not internal. That will be fixed.

I also added some information about root that I think people should read and classified different root levels.

By classifying root levels, I make it easier for the users to know if certain options will work or not. For example, enabling non-market apps will only require a Level 1 root, meaning it will work with the HTC Aria

Donate

Donate if you wish... :)

Compatibility list
    Please note that if you device is not listed here, it doesn't automatically make it incompatible. The list is definitely incomplete.
    Use the search feature to search for your phone model: http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchthreadid=803682

Incompatibility list

With the absolutely beautiful ADB exploit I use, titled rageagainstthecage (ratc), absolute ALL devices can be rooted. This is because it exploit is ADB which all devices use. There is an issue though. Some devices have a NAND lock which does not allow you to write to the /system mount. Because of this, you can't copy su, sqlite or busybox to /system/bin. This creates some issues but there is a work around. For things that don't need access to /system (like enabling non-market apps) I can use the ratc exploit to make those changes. If your device cannot use su in /system/bin then you can simple select a checkbox (as of v1.5) that says to use ratc.

There are 3 levels of "root" we can define:
    Level 1: Shell Root (with ratc rooting the adb shell but no /system write access)
    Level 2: Temporary Root (/system/bin/su installed but lost on reboot)
    Level 3: Full Root (/system/bin/su installed and sticks)

Some devices have a NAND lock. SuperOneClick will only give a Shell root until you remove this lock.
    The following phones can use http://unrevoked.com to remove this lock:
    • Sprint EVO 4G (HTC Supersonic)
    • Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
    • HTC Desire GSM
    • HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)
    • HTC Aria
    • Droid Eris (HTC DesireC)
    • HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)

THe HTC Legend and My Touch 3G 32A also have a NAND lock and need more specific methods to unlock.

The T-Mobile (HTC) G2 has something different which may or may not be a hardware flaw. I have yet to really research the device, but while it may root, it won't be permanent since copying /su to /system/bin/su has problems. I believe this is a Level 2 root, but to be honest, I need to research more.

All other devices has a Level 3 root via SuperOneClick

Version changes:
    v1.9.5
    Driver Installation Fix
    Force Administrator on Vista/Win7
    Fixed Non-Market Apps not working for some devices

v1.9.1
    GingerBreak support! (I think)

v1.9
    Bug fixes!
    Should work better now on XP systems and Linux

v1.8
    Automatic driver installation
    Removed RageAgainstTheCage (no virus flags)
    New folder structure
    Major code clean up

v1.7
    Hopefully fixed Linux hangs
    Theoretical honeycomb support (still needs testing)

v1.6.5
    Fixed major bug. Oops!

v1.6.4
    Installs busybox to /system/xbin and installs syslinks
    Added a 30 second timeout check (should eliminate all lock ups)

v1.6.3
    Mounts with busybox first
    Includes version in first line

v1.6.2
    Fixed wrong su version being sent
    Fixed issue when getting OS version
    Prints device info on failure.

v1.6.1
    Falls back to previous mount path method if busybox method fails

v1.6
    Uses psneuter for exploit instead of rageagainstthecage by default (should root Sony Ericsson devices easily now)
    Added detection for 1.x Donut/Eclair kernels
    Uses busybox for getting mount path
    Updated Windows ADB to latest version (I'll update the Mac/Linux ones next build)

v1.5.5
    Unroot uninstalls Superuser from /data/app
    Returned installation of Superuser to /system/app

v1.5.4
    Fixed superuser install issue
    Added a prompt to tell you to allow superuser on your phone, for the test.
    Fixed unroot.

v1.5.3
    Fixed ADB-pushing problem

v1.5.2
    Administrative rights in Windows Vista/7 are automatically requested.
    Fixed the settings.db search. (Tries default two locations, then uses busybox is all else fails).
    Set Superuser to install (to data/apps) instead of copy to /system/apps. You can manually remove it from your phone like any other app. (You can also update it with the Market).
    Fixed NMA not working if you didn't have Shell Root

v1.5.1
    Untested Mac and Linux support (you need Mono)

v1.5
    Fixed Non Market Apps
    Added Unroot
    Added separate Shell Root (rageagainstthecage) button
    Lots of internal code clean up.

v1.4
    Changed main form's name to SuperOneClick from RageAgainstTheCageGUI
    Enabled Captivate - Get Unlock Code button
    Added a messagebox to confirm if Non Market Applications are enabled
    Made "Enable Non Market Apps" FULLY universal
    Added initial message telling you to remember to allow superuser commands (when enabling Non-Market Apps)

v1.3
    Removed busybox for space reasons. Changed the layout. Fixed issue where application stayed running in the background. Added Non Market App button.

v1.2
    Added a detection to see if RATC was already working.

v1.1
    Universal device support. Application now finds your /system path.

v1.0
    Initial release.

Development Plan:

Scheduled for next major release
    • Linux support via mono-project
    • Add a check box to use su or rageagainstthecage for other scripts (like Enable NMA)
    • Better error handling for devices with NAND lock on /system
    • Have options show what level root is needed (0,1,2,3)

To do list:
    • Jupiter fixes
    • Custom scripts support
    • Plugin support
    • Mac support via mono-project
    • Linux support via mono-project

Wishlist:
    • None
    Thanks to basily, I have an Captivate v2.1 nv_data.bin I can test with to create the unlock button.
    I need a mac/linux user to help me. PM so we can chat on AIM/Google

Courtesy of TheUnlockr.com, here's a step-by-step video:

Mod Edit: this app will set off some anti virus software...here's a small explanation by pulser_g2:

rageagainstthecage is a root exploit via a fork bomb.

It IS a potentially malicious payload, BUT it is being used with owner's consent to root the phone.

The DreamDroid malware use exactly same payload - they are trojans, but this is a helpful tool.

It IS a dangerous tool in the wrong hands, but this is a root exploit, so you should exercise common sense and a little understanding of what it does and how it works.
    For you linux users:
    To get ADB working:
    Install these libraries:
    apt-get install lib32ncurses5
    apt-get install lib32stdc++

If you run ubuntu, see this:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html#setting-up

Install Mono
    apt-get install mono

Install WinForms 2.0 for Mono
    apt-get install libmono-winforms2.0-cil

Mark adblinux as executable
    chmod 755 adblinux

Open application with mono:
    For v1.5.1, it has to be launched from the same working directory as adblinux, so open terminal, browse to the folder and type
    sudo mono SuperOneClick.exe

In the next release, I'll make sure I fix the "working directory" problem so you can just right on SuperOneClick.exe, hit "Open with other application" and select mono

Screenshot.png
    First reply!

Thanks!!! Even I won't be needing them at the moment

Now the next project... ability to sign the update.zip so recovery mode works!
    The OP has been updated by me to indicate that this Exploit is intended for Gingerbread and older Android version devices. Since the OP of this thread has not officially been updated since January 2012, THREAD CLOSED until the thread owner notifies us to reopen it.
    Couldn't have been easier. However when I launched TiB after seeing the successful ROOT message box from the unroot app, I am not rooted.

Update to my post: ran again and Busy Box states that I am rooted.

Thanks...

You should reboot the phone, but I didn't want to make it mandatory. I'll add a prompt asking if you want to reboot.

When i run this .. The GUI just hangs with a blank screen .. no errors.. if i go to task manager there are two adb.exe processes and if i force close one the GUI closes.

Any ideas?

Plug in a device